PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Neutral

We don't deal with this so I have no idea

My son has excelled and blossomed since joining the Wood acres family. His reading, writing and number skills have taken off. I am impressed with the level of attention and care each child gets individually. This is truly a wonderful and unique school that we are lucky to be a part of.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There are very involved and informed leaders.

My daughter has attended Wood Acres for two years now, and will be going into the 4-year-old program later this year. We love the school! The teachers genuinely care about the students and provide a lot of one-on-one attention. It's incredible to see how much my daughter has learned in two years. Her writing and letter/word recognition is incredible. She's also enjoyed Spanish, PE, music, art, and technology. The teachers always ask for constructive criticism. Her class is very diverse as well, and she has made so many great friends at such a young age. There is a lot of parent involvement both in the classroom and outside of the classroom as well. It has a true community feel. I'd recommend taking a tour and asking a lot of questions to see if the school is a good fit for your child. I have nothing but great things to say about our experience!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

We haven't experienced bullying at Wood Acres, but I will say that any interpersonal differences among the children are addressed quickly and effectively.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Head of School and Principal at Wood Acres are the best. They clearly love children, love families, and really strive to make learning fun. They know my entire family by name, and are never too busy to talk to a parent or a child. It's clear that the positive atmosphere of the school comes straight from the top.

Develops character: Strongly agree

One of the things that I love about Wood Acres is the high standard that my children are held to in terms of how they treat their teachers and their peers. One of my children was a bit challenging in his younger years. I can't say enough about how instrumental the teachers at Wood Acres were in helping him learn how to treat his classmates with respect. What I appreciated most was that he was never treated like the "bad kid." He was just a kid that still had a bit to learn socially. We have overcome those issues now, and I know that we couldn't have done it without the patience and hard work of those teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Wood Acres are fantastic. They do a great job of helping my children learn and grow. Even more importantly, they genuinely care about my children. You can feel the love in the classrooms at Wood Acres. The administration and staff is awesome too. They all know my children by name. It just feels like home.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

For us, the amount of homework is appropriate, and the content of the homework is targeted and effective. I never feel like it's busywork. They certainly do challenge my children, but that's what I expect. Some things that initially seemed like a big challenge, like book reports in first grade, ended up having the most dramatic impact on my child's ability to read, write, and present information.

We love Wood Acres so much. We have two children there, both of whom started in their early school program. I've been thrilled with the well rounded education that our children have received. I love that they have science lab, Spanish class, art, music, technology ,and P.E. even for the little kids! The class sizes are small, which allows the teachers to give your child extra help if he needs it or give him advanced work if he's ready for it. Now that my oldest is in the grammar school I've been amazed at his progress not only in math and reading/writing, but also his critical thinking skills. They're teaching him how to think and problem solve, which is something many school don't have time to do. What I love most about Wood Acres is the faculty and staff. They're like family to us. They truly love my children and it shows.

Last modified The Wood Acres School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8