Carman Adventist School 2

Posted May 15, 2014
My experience is one I'll never forget. Our first year at Carmen was refreshing. The teachers seemed to genuinely care about the progress of the children, although I was not convinced of the dual class teaching, ie first and second grade in one room, etc. Our second year was an absolute nightmare. This particular teacher was sort of a matriarch of the school, having had tenure and a "reputation" of once being a "strict" but good teacher. Our experience was all but good. It appeared that the teacher was not equipped to teach dual grades effectively, or had limited exposure or interaction with a race outside of their background. When confrontation with concerns, it seemed obvious that it became personal. Our family was shocked by the behavior, with the knowledge of this being a christian school, it was very disappointing. In good conscience, I cannot recommend this school.

Carman Adventist School 3

Posted April 03, 2014
Carman Adventist School has a strong bible curriculum. I also like the fact that they have PE and recess everyday.

Carman Adventist School 1

Posted January 19, 2014
Prior to June 2013, Carman Adventist School was a safe, spirit-filled, loving environment. Students were greeted everyday with a warm smile and hug from the principal! He and his wife, who was the kindergarten teacher, brought an indescribable spiritual presence to the school. Now, he was replaced a female principal who seems to be possessed with.demons. She always mentions her distinguised educational expertise, yet she carries a apirit of evil with her at all times. She is not loving or nurturing, at all. Many families have either already left, or plan to leave. There are two new teachers here, both who do not communicate regularly with parents about what is going on in their classroom. All of the teachers walk around on pins and needles, as if they can only move or speak when the principal says they can. If you are looking for a Christian school for your child(ren), where they will be exposed to an atmosphere filled with the love of God, do not send them here.

Posted January 02, 2013
We love this school. We left public school and came to Carman for private school three years ago. For the most part I have been very pleased. There are some issues, but that is anywhere you go. The principal is fanatastic, he loves all the kids and they love him. Most of the teachers are wonderful. Particulary the Kindergarten and first grade teachers. My children tell their teachers that they love them. My children have always told me how much they love this school, they are very happy. I also love the fact that it is Christian based. We are not Advenitist, however we are completely satisfied with the teachings at Carman. My children pray, speak of God daily, sing gospel around the house, and are happy! I would definatley recommend this school to a friend.

Carman Adventist School 0

Posted March 16, 2010
This is my daughters first year of school and she loves it so far. Ive experienced compassionate teachers and facilitators thus far. I would definately recommend this school to anyone looking for a faith-based educaton for their precious children. We are not SDA; however, I am satisfied with what is taught to my precious angel.

Posted August 08, 2007
I have been involved with this school for 10 years now - both as a parent and as a volunteer. I have two sons who have attended. Carman is a great small school. I believe in their Christian values and atmosphere and I like the small class sizes. The teachers and staff are approachable, caring, concerned, and understanding. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a Christian-based school for their child.

Carman Adventist School 5

Posted August 07, 2007
Carman Adventist School is a wonderful place for kids. The teachers are dedicated and love thier students. Academics are strong. The facility is in good repair and clean. The children are happy. Parent envolvement is encouraged. Carman has a family atmosphere. Physical fitness is important as a daily part of student activiites. Sports are taught in the P.E. curriculum and offered as an after school program.

Carman Adventist School 3

Posted April 12, 2007

Carman Adventist School 2

Posted September 23, 2006
This school has many issues regarding adequate teachers. The math, reading and writing levels vary, but I have observed very remedial and mediocre results from these children.

Posted April 17, 2006
I went to school here for all 8 years and now my child attends. I agree that there are some parents who try to run the place but it was like that when I was there 20 years ago. They have great teachers there and my child enjoys going and he is learning a lot. I would recommend this school to anyone. Parents just need to know that it is not a public school and the funding for the teachers and school is small. But it is a wonderful school! I just wish it was not connected to the church. That is my only complaint.

Carman Adventist School
1330 N Cobb Pkwy, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Carman Adventist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Carman Adventist School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top