K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have sent three children to this school from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. The School is committed to academic excellence as well as Christ Centered Family Values.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We have a Discovery Program that is helping kids with learning differences and we want to grow that program.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most teachers love teaching and love to teach our kids and are easy to work with if there is an issue.

Our experience with Eastside Christian School began many years ago with our oldest child and today, we still have 2 kids there. The school has had an incredible impact on our family. Our children have and plan to participate in a variety of excellent academic and extracurricular programs from sports to STEM and everything in between. Having a school that is Christ-centered, competitive, rigorous is invaluable. The student-teacher ratio is also invaluable to the academic success of each student. Thank you ECS!

This is our first year in the upper school and we've had two children in the preK school. I CAN NOT say enough good things about this place. It's our second home. My children have made friends I believe they will have for years! They THRIVE there. We are an interacial family and we've been welcomed with open arms! Never ever have I felt any racial concerns there. My oldest son is very bright. He came from public school where he was clearly the top of his class and recieved many accolades. Since changing, he's been quite challenged, despite school work usually coming easy for him. The amount of homework we have seen thus far is right on point. The focus on not only learning traditional cirriculum, but the sincere focus to write the Word of God on the hearts of these children is beautiful. There were apparently some issues with the prior administration prior to this year and that has been fully remedied from anything I have seen. I absolutely believe The people there have hearts for God and for my children. I trust them. Not only to teach them by the standards of what they need to know to be successful in this world, but to walk the narrow road and have a heart for Jesus to protect them from this world! This is priceless to me. If having your children in an environment where people are truly seeking God's will and his plan for the school is a priority to you, then I encourage you to meet people there. The teachers display the fruits of the Spirit. It reminds me of the Bible verse that says you will know a tree by the fruit it bears. I graduated from Wheeler High in 2000 and I vividly remember meeting other students that had gone to East Side. They stood apart. Not in a bad way, but they had a quiet strength and you could clearly see good fruit in their lives. Since sending our children I can see this fruit in my own kids. They are gentle, kind, self controlled, peaceful, patient, good in heart. Having a school that is Christ centered, competitive, rigorous, and comes along side the parents is INVALUABLE! I could write an entire dissertation on the place and what it has meant to our family. We truly didn't know what we were going to do about education in our home. I prayed about it for a year and God opened the door here. It's exactly where he wanted our family and I believe whole heartedly he is doing great things and I'm happy we are with them

Our journey with Eastside Christian School began in 1995, and the school has had an incredible impact on our family. Our children attended ECS for a total of 12 years and participated in a variety of excellent academic and extracurricular programs during those years. The educational system at Eastside focused on a biblical worldview that supported our teaching at home. The love and concern of the staff in the early childhood years helped to instill an enriching confidence coupled with humility. The rigorous academic and nurturing environment of middle high prepared them for life outside of ECS. Today, our children have graduated from college, taking with them the integrity and character instilled in them at ECS. Now one daughter has chosen to teach 1st grade at Eastside, where the faculty’s encouragement and support creates a positive and caring work community. The ECS commitment to small class sizes allows her to invest individually in each 1st grader so that she can instill in them the same values that she received while attending Eastside. This student-teacher ratio is also invaluable to the academic success of each student. She is making a tangible impact for God’s kingdom as she serves at ECS.

We love ECS! Please know that the very few disgruntled reviews posted do not represent the experiences of all of the other ECS families with whom I have interacted (particularly all of the reviews posted on June 16th which make me wonder if this is just one unhappy individual. The comments are certainly not consistent with what I hear from other parents). I do not work for the school or church and neither does my husband. Our kids have attended Eastside for several years and we are extremely thankful for the school. The teachers are wonderful and, I believe, truly love our kids. I believe the school offers strong academics, caring and supportive teachers, and great training on how to interpret life and academics from a biblical perspective. While no school is perfect, we believe Eastside is the BEST place for our kids. We've had a great experience at Eastside so, if you're considering this school, please tour the school and talk to people who definitely go there so are in a position to provide a solid perspective

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our experience with teachers at Eastside is that they are wonderful, dedicated, caring and they've all been effective with our kids.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it's close to impossible to have just the right amount of homework for each child because each child is different. One of our kids could have handled more homework but another one couldn't have handled any more. It just depends on the ability of the individual child. Overall, though, I believe the homework load is pretty close to "just right."

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

State certified teachers should be be a requirement for employment at all schools. It appears that we have un-certified teachers who are lazy, ineffective and lack classroom management skills. Activities are non-engaging for the students. Administration does a poor job ensuring the teachers are performing up to task. Also, when you do not observe your teachers daily/weekly how can you assume they are effective and the students are receiving proper instruction.

Last modified Eastside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8