6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Disagree

No accomadations what so ever. The teachers will not engage and encourage students who struggle and are frustrated. They do not know how to help, especially in the math and science areas.

Develops character: Neutral

The biblical studies teachers are excellent. That program is excellent.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The students don't get credit for the AP exams, so don't waste your money. The teaching level isn't there. The only students who pass the AP exams are the Chinese and South Korean students.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Math Teachers don't check for accuracy, so the student has no idea if they are prepared for exams.

Average at best. It's a good place for a mid academic student who doesn't want to get lost in the shuffle of a large public school. The math/science is no where close to being on par with other programs in the West Cobb community. (This is not the place to go if you want your student to be academically prepared for the rigors of UGA or GT. The math and science teachers are weak.) The Bible program is excellent. The athletics are average, no winning teams who go into playoffs. But, your kid will probably make the team. 30% of the high school is made up of Chinese and South Korean students.

As my family began looking for a new school last year, several people told us about the impact DCS had made in the lives of their children. After visiting the school, we felt that DCS was a school that would not only prepare our students academically but it would also prepare them spiritually and socially. DCS has been all that we expected it to be and more. The school is small enough to have a family atmosphere large enough to offer a lot of extra-curricular activities and academic offerings. I am very pleased with the number of dual-enrollment credits my children will have when they graduate from DCS. I thankful for the Godly influence the faculty and staff are having on my children. I know when they graduate, they will be prepared academically and spiritually for the challenges they will face in college and in life.

We had been at another school since pre-k and in the 7th grade year we learned of major problems within the school and realized it would probably be closing by the next year. We found ourselves at such a hard place trying to find a new school for our son. Dominion held a open house for our students right before Christmas break. That alone spoke volumes, that those teachers and staff would take a night during the busy holidays to reach out to our students. We quickly found out that DCS was a warm, welcoming environment with an entire staff who cares about each individual. We came in hurting and confused and found a place of healing within the halls of DCS. We felt so strongly about our son being at Dominion we enrolled him for the next semester and he finished his 7th grade year at DCS. When we picked him up the first day he said "I feel like I have always been here". Our transition was seamless because of the teachers and students. This is now our 4th year at DCS and our son has grown in so many ways; emotionally, spiritually and academically. A few things that we find unique at Dominion are the opportunity to take dual enrollment college classes without leaving the DCS campus and AP classes are offered as well. Our son decided to take up a new sport last year. He not only found a new favorite sport, but he lettered in the sport. The ability to try new things and excel at them is something special at Dominion. The constant support and encouragement of the teachers is amazing. My son looks to these teachers and staff as role models. His coaches have spent countless hours of their own time to help him become better. Teachers have stood with our family in the hardest of times during death and sickness. They are more than just teachers, although they are incredible teachers. They pray with our students, believe in them, spend their own time mentoring and helping our students outside of class. Another unique attribute of DCS is the family environment. Parents, Grandparents, siblings and cousins gather at events and we all become family. We look forward to cheering on each other's students and working together on school projects and events. It's like a big family. We are so very thankful to have found Dominion. Our family is proud to be a part of such an incredible school.

My husband and I are so happy that we, as a family made a decision to send our daughter to Dominion Christian! She has truly flourished and has made some really good friends who support her. The teachers are great and are more than willing to do what they can to support each and every student.

It saddens me to read any negative words about Dominion. We have loved every moment at the school, and I feel the teachers and staff are nothing short of amazing. They truly love the students, and I feel like my child is with her "Dominion family" when she is at school. I never worry about her well-being -- how many parents of high schoolers can say that? It is worth every dime -- Dominion offers a great education in a safe, loving, Christian environment. I would recommend this warm and caring school to any family.

Attention: Prospective Parents This school is an absolute joke! If you are looking for a rigorous academic program, and an administration that exemplifies Christian leadership, then look elsewhere. Dominion Christian claims to be a college preparatory school not even remotely in the same zip code. There are some excellent teachers at Dominion, but the headmaster is spineless and lacks integrity. His entire administration is about headcount and money, not about insuring the success of your child Save your money . $11,500 maybe cheaper than North Cobb Christian another poor example of a Christian School, but I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you keep looking.

Last modified Dominion Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12