K-10|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Greetings! Selecting a school for your child may well prove to be one of the most important decisions you will ever make as a parent. As you evaluate the many educational options in the area, please allow me to share a bit about with makes our school distinct. At Mt. Bethel, we value community. As a school of approximately 400 families, your child will be known. His strengths, his challenges, his many successes and occasional setbacks will play out in the context of a nurturing classroom and loving teachers who have the time and desire to know him well. You ll form friendships with like-minded families who share your desire for a school that will prepare your child to pursue a lifetime of learning built on a foundation of faith. Mt. Bethel is a Christ-centered, college preparatory school which means that we approach the educational process with a Biblical worldview and with the intention of preparing children to gain entry to and be successful in college. Our aim is to equip every student with the skills they need to pursue their passions with excellence and thereby earn a platform from which to project a Godly influence in the world. As helpful as we hope websites like this can be in describing the Mt. Bethel experience, there is simply no substitute for a personal visit. I invite you to come to our campus and see for yourself what a difference our school can make in the life of a child. I know you ll be glad that you did and I hope to meet you soon.
October 27, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I've seen countless of my friends leave this school because the bullying is so terrible and he teachers don't do anything. The best interests of the teachers is to protect their reputation and the school's reputation. I've seen people going to teacher, counselors, and even the principal only to be turned away because they didn't want to deal with it. The deans of students don't help the victim of bullying, but instead interrogate them and make them even more anxious. This school had given me anxiety because I am constantly scared someone will make fun of me. This school teaches kids to rely too heavily on their parents and does not prepare us for high school.

This school is amazing with great opportunities for students. Mr. Callis the Head of School really ensures that everything at the school runs first class. My children have thrived here. I cannot brag enough about what my children are learning. I love that there are two teachers in the class, so the students never miss a beat. Communication is outstanding. Many sports and other activities for the students to be involved in. Science and Technology are excellent and students have won many awards for their participation in many competitions. We do not plan to leave. To Mrs. Davis, Mrs. McMichael, Ms. Mcdonald, Mrs. Smallwood, Mrs. Meara, Mrs. Zabor you are absolutely fabulous teachers and have been a blessing to our children. I love that teachers are current in teaching strategies and are extremely creative. If your child is not ready for rigor you may need to look elsewhere. Go Mt. Bethel!!! Thanks for providing a quality education.

Excellent school with high standards! College preparedness is high on the list now that an upper school has been established.

MBCA is the best kept secret among independent schools in metro Atlanta. Our family visited all of the well-known and prestigious independent schools in metro Atlanta and ultimately selected MBCA. MBCA is truly a Christ-centered school with strong academics, sports, facilities and the most caring and experienced teachers. The teachers at MBCA truly partner with parents. Although located in east Cobb, MBCA serves students from all areas of metro Atlanta and offers bus service to/from Smyrna and Sandy Springs. I cannot say enough positive things about MBCA. Go see for yourself. I guarantee you will be impressed.

My son is in his second year at MBCA and out of all the parenting decisions we've made, this is hands down our best one yet. It's impossible to put into words what it's like to be part of the MBCA family. My shy son is in love with school and has made so many friends from so many wonderful families. We love absolutely everything about MBCA, including the quality of the teachers and curriculum. The facilities are bright and beautiful and both students and faculty seem genuinely happy to be there. We are so excited they've added an upper school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students in Kindergarten are praised and rewarded for treating others with respect and kindness. My child was so proud of himself when he was recognized for this.

I go to this shcool, and it has been the best experience if my life. If someone has dyslexia or ADD they are NEVER asked to leave... no one gets singled out. There are no blogs you have to check, my parents staay out of the blogs and I'm a straight A student. THey expect you to check your email becaue that is their only way of contacting the parents. For nine years I have devoted my kife to this school and my lifehas been the better for it, so don't you dare out this school down like it's some ssort of utopia that promised everything that you wanted. A child can never be protected from the harm of bullying, there is no way to stop it, and if your kid cannot defend themselves from other kids than it ay just be the way your parenting them. Send your child to this school, it has truly changed my life because of the warm, nurturing, close knit, Christian environment, if it doesn't work out for yor specific kid, don't rant about it on a review site...

It is a wonderful feeling knowing that my children are in such a loving Christian environment. The teachers are the best that I have ever seen in any school. I am constantly amazed at the amount of love, energy and enthusiasm that they put into everything that they do. Academically, the reading and writing program is second-to-none. I consistently see writing skills of 5th graders at Mt. Bethel that far surpass that of many high school students.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted October 27, 2014

Best education, best families - best kept secret. My daughter is in 6th grade and little to no girl drama, they truly love each other. Perfect fit!

Last modified Mt. Bethel Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-10