Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 03, 2015
Sawyer Road Elementary is a fantastic multi cultural school. The teachers and staff are amazing and they truly care about the wellbeing of my child. I love everything from spanish class, the science lab, the nature trail behind the school, the garden, art class, music and drama, the huge media center, computer labs, ipads, the IB philosophy and curriculum and the IB Learner profiles. My kids are thriving and excelling in school. Sawyer is truly a special place and I'm thankful everyday that my kids get to go to school here.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 03, 2015
I would like to give a big THANKS to Mrs. Rutledge! She is one of seven amazing Kindergarten Teachers at Sawyer Road! My son loved being in her class. She made him laugh and truly made learning fun for him. He always came home with a gib smile on his face. She has a great way of making everyone feel special! I am forever grateful that his first school experience was at Sawyer Road Elementary and that he had Mrs. Rutledge.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 03, 2015
Sawyer Road Elementary develops compassion, caring and empathy in our students because of the attributes of the 10 IB Learner Profiles. Teachers and Staff at SRE teach my kids to be caring and open-minded. These are two of the ten Learner Profiles that students strive to be everyday.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 03, 2015
Foundational to the IB PYP learning experience at Sawyer Road Elementary are the 10 Learner Profiles that students strive to be everyday. The 10 Learner Profiles are: Inquirers, Thinkers, Communicators, Risk-Takers, Knowledgeable, Principled, Caring, Open-Minded, Balanced, and Reflective. These are qualities determined to be most important in creating positive and productive citizens of the world. Being Principled means —I am fair and honest. I can make good decisions about what is right and wrong for me. Being Caring means—I am concerned about other people’s needs and feelings. I believe it is important to help others. Being Open Minded means —I am comfortable with differences. I welcome and respect other people’s points of views and ways of doing things.

Posted July 19, 2015
I absolutely LOVE Sawyer Road. My daughter excelled and learned so much while attending this school (K and 1st). For second grade she will attend a Cobb county school and I am so heart broken about this. Ignore the 6 rating, this school is definitely a 10. This school has exceeded all of my expectations and it will be very difficult for another school to top Sawyer Road Elementary. Do not hesitate to send your child here, it is well worth it.

Posted January 30, 2015
This school is amazing my son it's in first grade and he love it! The teachers are wonderful the staff are amazing I'm so happy for my son because he felt this school like his home!!

Posted November 24, 2014
Sawyer Road is an amazing school. I have a 5th grader that been there since K and she had done exceptional! She has had many opportunities and will be heading to the Magnet program at the Sixth Grade Academy next fall. Also currently have a 3rd, 2nd, and Kindergartener at SRE as well. Each of my kids have different interests and strong points and weaknessesand the curriculum here is flexible and can suit every child. The IB Program is a wonderful style of learning and should be embraced by more schools. I live that my kids are pushed to exceed the bare minimum standards set by the state and i feel confident that they are being helped to reach their full individual potential. I recommend this school to everyone!

Posted August 29, 2014
We love this school! It really isn't a school as much as a family! My second son just started Kindergarten this year and he is excited to get up and go to school everyday! The teachers and staff are amazing and dedicated to all the children who attend. The International Baccalaureate curriculum is second to none and the Marietta City Schools district offers children the chance for the IB diploma when graduating high school. This is highly sought after by colleges! Wouldn't think of sending my children anywhere else! Go take a tour and you will see what it is all about!

Posted July 26, 2014
This school is absolutely amazing! My daughter attends and will be starting 2nd grade. She has been excited to go to school since she started attending in Kindergarten. The teachers are dedicated and wonderful. The school is an International Baccalaureate World School (IB World School) and also identifies and serves gifted students through the MILE program by having in classroom gifted certified teachers. I have been very happy and impressed with the curriculum as well as the diversity of the school and the learning experiences offered here!

Posted April 28, 2014
Sawyer Road Elementary is a great school.The teachers are wonderful and the best principle ever. I have a lot to say so I will just sum it up and say they have the best people working at Sawyer Road Elementary schools and people who cares.

840 Sawyer Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Sawyer Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sawyer Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top