Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

SRE is a good school. My daughter is now in 1st grade and started there last year in kindergarten. She is doing well under the IB curriculum which is a well rounded and balanced learning tool for educational & social studies. The staff is very involved with their students and we love her teacher Ms. Ward. It has a diverse body of students and staff which we like. I believe this school should be at least an 8 in ratings or getting there. There is always room for improvement and with Mrs. Graves as the principle, this school will hopefully continue to thrive.

The IB program is wonderful and my children have thrived in this school. SRE is currently the only IB PYP in the Marietta School District. They offer so much more than just academics - Art, Music/Drama, Spanish, hands on Science Lab and fun STEM Activities in the classrooms. SRE has been a great fit for my family and a wonderful diverse community. We lucked out that we’re districted for Sawyer!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The Sawyer Road Teachers are amazing. I've been a SRE Parent for 5 years and I've been so happy with my children's teachers. They're fun, caring, attentive and engaging. It's comforting to know that your babies are in good hands.

Amount of homework: Agree

I currently have a first grader at Sawyer Road. The homework is a good amount. My child receives the homework packet on Monday and everything is due on Friday. His work is challenging and really makes him think. As long as he does a little each night he successfully hands everything in on Friday. If we don't get to do homework one night (because of sports or cub scouts) then he has to make it up the following night which can be overwhelming for him sometimes. He does a lot of independent, creative writing, reading and math.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes! Sawyer Road Elementary develops honesty, integrity and fairness in its students. One of the IB Learner Profiles is being Principled. My student is taught to do the right thing even when no one is looking. Some ways of being principled is following the rules of the school, listening, being on time and prepared for class, being responsible, being honest, and acting with kindness. To take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.

Sawyer Road Elementary is a fantastic multi cultural school. The teachers and staff are amazing and they truly care about the wellbeing of my child. I love everything from spanish class, the science lab, the nature trail behind the school, the garden, art class, music and drama, the huge media center, computer labs, ipads, the IB philosophy and curriculum and the IB Learner profiles. My kids are thriving and excelling in school. Sawyer is truly a special place and I'm thankful everyday that my kids get to go to school here.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Foundational to the IB PYP learning experience at Sawyer Road Elementary are the 10 Learner Profiles that students strive to be everyday. The 10 Learner Profiles are: Inquirers, Thinkers, Communicators, Risk-Takers, Knowledgeable, Principled, Caring, Open-Minded, Balanced, and Reflective. These are qualities determined to be most important in creating positive and productive citizens of the world. Being Principled means —I am fair and honest. I can make good decisions about what is right and wrong for me. Being Caring means—I am concerned about other people’s needs and feelings. I believe it is important to help others. Being Open Minded means —I am comfortable with differences. I welcome and respect other people’s points of views and ways of doing things.

I absolutely LOVE Sawyer Road. My daughter excelled and learned so much while attending this school (K and 1st). For second grade she will attend a Cobb county school and I am so heart broken about this. Ignore the 6 rating, this school is definitely a 10. This school has exceeded all of my expectations and it will be very difficult for another school to top Sawyer Road Elementary. Do not hesitate to send your child here, it is well worth it.

This school is amazing my son it's in first grade and he love it! The teachers are wonderful the staff are amazing I'm so happy for my son because he felt this school like his home!!

Sawyer Road is an amazing school. I have a 5th grader that been there since K and she had done exceptional! She has had many opportunities and will be heading to the Magnet program at the Sixth Grade Academy next fall. Also currently have a 3rd, 2nd, and Kindergartener at SRE as well. Each of my kids have different interests and strong points and weaknessesand the curriculum here is flexible and can suit every child. The IB Program is a wonderful style of learning and should be embraced by more schools. I live that my kids are pushed to exceed the bare minimum standards set by the state and i feel confident that they are being helped to reach their full individual potential. I recommend this school to everyone!

Last modified Sawyer Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.