Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Tools to help those feeling bullied and those feeling the need to bully.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Owned by an AMI trained Montessori Teacher who has been teaching for many years with an excellent understanding of both teachers and parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The children were taught grace and courtesy, and respect through daily interactions and opportunities to practice on a regular basis.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The Montessori program allows the children daily opportunities to do work in school, leaving their afternoons to enjoy childhood.

We feel fortunate that our children were able to attend RMA through Middle School. Our children were given an exceptional hands on, real world education that gave them practical life skills that they will have for life. From the Primary classrooms through the Elementary and into the Adolescent Program, the children flourished, getting to know themselves and their strengths.

We are thrilled to have 2 children at Riverstone Montessori Academy (RMA). Our children have attended another Montessori school which was not accredited and the difference is obvious. At RMA not only were our children allowed to learn in their own very different styles, but they were also nurtured, supported and given the chance for independence. When in the company of their "traditional school" peers, our children noticed for themselves the differences between the way they are allowed to learn. They pointed out he following differences: A) Stress free and ability to manage their own time, B) Ability to have discussions with the teachers rather than being lectured to and C) Collaborative nature of using the group to bounce ideas, brainstorm and problem solve. As parents, we were pleased with the high level of training the teachers have acquired from AMI. Additionally, the teachers, assistants, and most other staff are friendly and helpful, they all make our family feel welcomed and secure. We couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Riverstone.

Amount of homework: Agree

Riverstone believes that the class time is when the work should happen. If a child receives homework, it is usually due to the child's own time management or a project that the child chooses to take home. Rarely, if ever, is homework assigned.

I have 3 children at Riverstone and I am extremely unpleased with the level of education I am paying for. Primary is fine, they have 2 lead teachers and an assistant teacher for about 30 kids. Great. The issue is with the lower elementary class. They have 38 kids, 1 lead teacher and 1 assistant teacher. The assistant teacher also uses the classroom as a daycare because her toddler daughter comes to work with her daily. It is impossible for her to focus on the needs of our kids when she has to give her undivided attention to her own infant child who roams freely amongst the active 6-9 year olds. I guess there were a lot of complaints about it and the school decided to hire another assistant teacher but only part time as if it rectify the issue if students were not getting the educational support that us hardworking parents are paying for. Bottom line, this school is not concerned with the education of the kids as they pretend during the recruitment period, only making money. That is evident in the student teacher ratio with the lower elementary class.

I love riverston my child has been going there for nine years now. Love the concepts they teach the kids.

I am thankful every day for Riverstone Montessori. I have three children at RMA (ages 7, 6, and 4) and have been thrilled with the school. I am daily impressed with what they have learned there. My seven year old tells me new science facts all the time, and my six year old can name every state in the USA and most countries in other continents. I don't know why other reviews have said this school isn't very Montessori, because that is not what I have found. I sought it out specifically for its AMI certification and it is more true to the Montessori method than most of the other schools I've looked at. My oldest child spent her kindergarten year in public school and I was very unhappy with the experience, which is what prompted me to look at RMA. My kids have loved every moment of their two years there and I am extremely happy with the results.

Last modified Riverstone Montessori Academy is a Private school