Smitha Middle School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
My little sister attends this school. I've also attended this school a few years ago. I can honestly say the school has changed, but no quite in a positive way. My little sister stays up to almost four in the morning to finish homework that a teacher assigned. 60 pages of homework is honestly insane! They don't assign 60 pages of homework in college. His words are, " I am preparing them for college. " no one in their right mind would assign a child 60 pages of homework. She has other classes to do homework, and plays basketball as well. Sleep is important for a child. The teacher should be teaching college or something. 8th graders are not fit to do 60 pages of homework every night . And mind you she was told she has to write all the questions out, color coat it, and transfer it onto graph paper.

Posted October 01, 2014
Smitha is a good middle school. As a parent I have to continue to do my part knowing this school has 1000 students. Ms. Burris is a great liason and communicates with me on all matters. The advance classes prepare students for High school Geometry. On my days off I will make those "surprise visits" to keep things in order. 6-8 grade is the "Puberty" period where students can tend to be mean. Smitha has a ZERO Tollerance policy regarding bullying and other matters. My child will walk or catch the bus. A lot of the Hollydale elementary kids transferred there so if you are in the 30008 or 30064 zip codes, this is a good school for your children.

Smitha Middle School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
Excuse my bad typing, but Smitha is somewhat a great school. The principal is very nice and always walks around to check up on the kids and peeps into the classrooms at times. As an 8th grader, the principal and administration has made sure that I've had the best last year in middle school. :) The students at Smitha are great, even though some students distract the kids who would like to learn. This is coming from a student with honor roll. Other than that, we like to collaborate and just have fun to be honest.

Posted June 04, 2012
My child and the students in our neighborhood are doing well at this school. A sizable population of students from this school go into high school magnet programs.

Smitha Middle School 1

Posted May 08, 2012
My daughter is a Smitha student and we never had problems with her grades. To us Smitha has done nothing! She's been failing her math and language arts classes since the beggining. We have tried several times to contact the teachers and the principal and to this date no one has gotten back to us. All the kids that I know from that school have something bad to say about this school. I have not seen teachers concern about their students performance and there are no tutoring for student who need help. I will do everything I can to have my daughters not to attend this school. If your kids need help with doing their best, this is not the school for you. No one seems to care or pay attention and they treat the students like high schoolers and forget that parent involvement in the student academic life is very important!!! Teachers are suppose to keep the pinnacle updated for parents and should rely on pinnacle but that even doesn't help! I'm just not happy with this school!!

Smitha Middle School 3

Posted February 25, 2010

Posted February 22, 2010

Posted January 12, 2010

Posted November 22, 2009
Smitha Middle School has lots of things to do. We have connection and the teachers are very nice.When we are in gym we do sorts stuff like badmintin and more.

Posted October 29, 2009

Smitha Middle School
2025 Powder Springs Rd SW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Smitha Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smitha Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top