Bad
Good

I find it hilarious that a student who can't even bother to capitalize things correctly, obviously is a MAJOR behavior issue, and clearly is academically deficient (they don't make you repeat a grade because of behavior--hello?!), is allowed to rate a school and have that rating weight the same as mine--a parent. My son is getting ready to graduate from Smitha. He is excited about school, enjoys after school activities, and feels engaged in his school culture. Bad reviews for this school seem to largely be commentary on unique situations, not on the school itself. Some kid's little sister's experience? One parent who has a struggling child? These are NOT indicative of Smitha's actual culture. The school is great because the parents, teachers, students, and principals make it great. I love Smitha and I'm glad my son goes there.

I am a smitha student and this is the second time that i will be attending the 6th grade. The school said it was my behavior and last year i got expelled and went to ombudsman and that is an alternitive school. I tried to get my grades up while i was at ombudsman but i just couldnt . They said my behavior was horrible and i couldnt stop getting suspended and it can be over any little thing.So now im back in the 6th grade and my mom told me this is a brand new start and a clean slate. I came back to smitha and nothing has changed it seems like things have got even worse i tried so hard to keep my grades up i even won the most improved 6th grader. And i had a teacher that was always with me and by my side and the other teachers never helped me like he did at first i did not even know how to open my locker the he helped me with that . I think when the other teachers started to see that then they will just find every and anything to get me in trouble or watched .But i am not saying i havent done things that shouldnt have a consequence but most of that stuff was mainly the schools poor desicions. The administrators were not on there job there are only two of them i felt wasnt just trying to hurry up and kick me out and they were actually trying to find out what is going on. The two principles dont need to be working so high up in the office because they dont know what they are doing . And they all came up with this contract thing for me and i never agreed to this stuff, the contract was not what any kid/child would want to go through it involves being ESCORTED EVERYWHERE that includes restroom,water fountain,classes, offices, even if its right across the hall the contract also has a daily behavior chart ,1 month of getting escorted untill u get off , and when your walking down a hallway teachers and falculty look at you like ur an animal and i personally felt like the were getting me ready for prison i just hated it i would never suggest bringing your child to this school unless they get new falculty i have even had a teacher cuss me out and tell me and my friend we are going to end up dead or in prison and that we have a bullet with are name on it and i feel like that should never be said even if u think its true they tell us if you dont have nothing good to say dont say it i have gotting suspended over 24 times in the past 2 years of sixth grade My rating -1

In my opinion this school is wonderful and they care about their students academics. I am always happy to see how well my child is making progress when I received the report after each semester.

My little sister attends this school. I've also attended this school a few years ago. I can honestly say the school has changed, but no quite in a positive way. My little sister stays up to almost four in the morning to finish homework that a teacher assigned. 60 pages of homework is honestly insane! They don't assign 60 pages of homework in college. His words are, " I am preparing them for college. " no one in their right mind would assign a child 60 pages of homework. She has other classes to do homework, and plays basketball as well. Sleep is important for a child. The teacher should be teaching college or something. 8th graders are not fit to do 60 pages of homework every night . And mind you she was told she has to write all the questions out, color coat it, and transfer it onto graph paper.

Smitha is a good middle school. As a parent I have to continue to do my part knowing this school has 1000 students. Ms. Burris is a great liason and communicates with me on all matters. The advance classes prepare students for High school Geometry. On my days off I will make those "surprise visits" to keep things in order. 6-8 grade is the "Puberty" period where students can tend to be mean. Smitha has a ZERO Tollerance policy regarding bullying and other matters. My child will walk or catch the bus. A lot of the Hollydale elementary kids transferred there so if you are in the 30008 or 30064 zip codes, this is a good school for your children.

I think smitha is a great school. i am a student that goes there and i have all A's. Those parents out there talking about Smitha are just WRONG! It is not the teachers that you should even have worries about, it is your own child having trouble.... GET THEM SOME HELP PEOPLE!!!

Excuse my bad typing, but Smitha is somewhat a great school. The principal is very nice and always walks around to check up on the kids and peeps into the classrooms at times. As an 8th grader, the principal and administration has made sure that I've had the best last year in middle school. :) The students at Smitha are great, even though some students distract the kids who would like to learn. This is coming from a student with honor roll. Other than that, we like to collaborate and just have fun to be honest.

My child and the students in our neighborhood are doing well at this school. A sizable population of students from this school go into high school magnet programs.

My daughter is a Smitha student and we never had problems with her grades. To us Smitha has done nothing! She's been failing her math and language arts classes since the beggining. We have tried several times to contact the teachers and the principal and to this date no one has gotten back to us. All the kids that I know from that school have something bad to say about this school. I have not seen teachers concern about their students performance and there are no tutoring for student who need help. I will do everything I can to have my daughters not to attend this school. If your kids need help with doing their best, this is not the school for you. No one seems to care or pay attention and they treat the students like high schoolers and forget that parent involvement in the student academic life is very important!!! Teachers are suppose to keep the pinnacle updated for parents and should rely on pinnacle but that even doesn't help! I'm just not happy with this school!!

Smitha Middle School has lots of things to do. We have connection and the teachers are very nice.When we are in gym we do sorts stuff like badmintin and more.

Last modified Smitha Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.