Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Hightower Trail Middle School 1

Posted August 13, 2015
Don't get me wrong: You won't find fault with their academics. They are far above average in that area, though they really do pile on the busywork, too. I'm sure it's a fine experience if you're monied, or don't happen to look just a little different. However, we aren't monied, and my son didn't blend in. Because of this, he was bullied for his entire stay. He was ostracized, called names, teased, and sometimes mocked in a sexual manner for years. Because he wasn't ever physically hit, most teachers and administrators didn't take it seriously. Sometimes, they even blamed him. There were a rare few that took it seriously, and looked out for him. My biggest regret is that I didn't move out of this school district sooner. I'm pleased to report that he is happy, healthy, and thriving at his new school. His confidence has returned and he's made many new friends. Also, he's now excelling academically. I guess that's easier to do when you're not made to spend all your energy getting through, huh? We also never one single time got a letter about any school program's scholarship options. When I asked, folks in the office (who I agree, are mostly not very nice) looked at me like they didn't understand the words I was saying. They do hit you up for money constantly and we began to feel really singled out because we couldn't keep up. Hightower Trail is a PUBLIC school. Everyone should feel welcome and children that are poor, or different, shouldn't be excluded. Shame on you.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 13, 2015
A few were real gems and were fabulous. A few were horrible. Most barely noticed him...or helped him.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 13, 2015
My son frequently spent hours every night on homework. Going to another school where he still has time to have a life and cultivate other interests has been a breath of fresh air. He doesn't hate school anymore!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
At best: The school doesn't teach children to treat everyone with fairness and respect. At worst: It tacitly consents to bullying.

Hightower Trail Middle School 3

Posted January 08, 2015
My son just started here for 6th grade. We just moved here from upstate NY. I will say that my son seems to enjoy attending the school, but I haven't been all that impressed with what I've seen. The staff has often been rude and unhelpful, and the school is constantly hitting everyone up for money. The school building itself could also use some work. Also, my son has special needs/an IEP (high functioning autism) but for our first IEP meeting, they didn't provide me timely notice of the meeting nor copies of the reports in a timely manner. I only received the assessment reports DURING the meeting and found out about the meeting two days before. THEY ARE REQUIRED TO GIVE YOU ADVANCED NOTICE - my understanding is at least around a week's notice of the meeting. Ultimately the meeitng went OK but I felt like they were trying to force me to agree to things in the reports, but they never even gave me the reports to review ahead of time - and there were many reports (for speech therapy, psychological assessments, and occupational therapy). Overall I am not very impressed, but the teachers seem nice and caring and my son does seem to really enjoy attending school.

Posted July 31, 2014
Great school!!! Safe, clean and the teachers really care. I can't say enough good things about this school and its staff. My child loved going to school here. Not only did she excel in this environment, it also prepared her to excel in her high school magnet program. Hightower Trail is as good, if not better, than any private school in the area!

Hightower Trail Middle School 1

Posted May 01, 2012
Staff is snotty and talks down to parents. Even the paraprofessionals think they know more than my husband and I, and we both have Masters degrees.

Hightower Trail Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2009
I attended HTMS, and I have mixed feelings about my experience there. I will say that academic achievement was stressed, and there was a good general learning atmosphere. I was very well prepared for high school. The teachers taught well and were very helpful. However, there was very little diversity there (many cliques of Abercrombie-wearing rich kids), and I ended up going to a much more diverse magnet high school for a change of atmosphere.

Posted March 11, 2009
One of the best schools in the Atlanta area...their commitment to academic excellence shows in everything they do. The teachers are all very enthusiastic about creating a sound learning environment and the staff has always been friendly and very helpful. I am very proud my daughter had an opportunity to attend Hightower last year and see the difference in your academic performance this year.

Posted August 09, 2006
Fabulous school with incredible community support, great PTSA, energetic teachers and staff, and high expectations for learning! I cannot say enough positive things about Hightower Trail Middle. It is truly a dream school where you know that your child will learn and be nurtured no matter whose class they end up in. Test scores are always among the highest in the state and it is 'cool' to be a high achiever here.

3905 Post Oak Tritt Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Hightower Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8