Marietta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,039

Hightower Trail Middle School 3

Posted January 08, 2015
My son just started here for 6th grade. We just moved here from upstate NY. I will say that my son seems to enjoy attending the school, but I haven't been all that impressed with what I've seen. The staff has often been rude and unhelpful, and the school is constantly hitting everyone up for money. The school building itself could also use some work. Also, my son has special needs/an IEP (high functioning autism) but for our first IEP meeting, they didn't provide me timely notice of the meeting nor copies of the reports in a timely manner. I only received the assessment reports DURING the meeting and found out about the meeting two days before. THEY ARE REQUIRED TO GIVE YOU ADVANCED NOTICE - my understanding is at least around a week's notice of the meeting. Ultimately the meeitng went OK but I felt like they were trying to force me to agree to things in the reports, but they never even gave me the reports to review ahead of time - and there were many reports (for speech therapy, psychological assessments, and occupational therapy). Overall I am not very impressed, but the teachers seem nice and caring and my son does seem to really enjoy attending school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 31, 2014
Great school!!! Safe, clean and the teachers really care. I can't say enough good things about this school and its staff. My child loved going to school here. Not only did she excel in this environment, it also prepared her to excel in her high school magnet program. Hightower Trail is as good, if not better, than any private school in the area!

Hightower Trail Middle School 1

Posted May 01, 2012
Staff is snotty and talks down to parents. Even the paraprofessionals think they know more than my husband and I, and we both have Masters degrees.

Posted September 23, 2009

Hightower Trail Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2009
I attended HTMS, and I have mixed feelings about my experience there. I will say that academic achievement was stressed, and there was a good general learning atmosphere. I was very well prepared for high school. The teachers taught well and were very helpful. However, there was very little diversity there (many cliques of Abercrombie-wearing rich kids), and I ended up going to a much more diverse magnet high school for a change of atmosphere.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 04, 2009

Posted March 11, 2009
One of the best schools in the Atlanta area...their commitment to academic excellence shows in everything they do. The teachers are all very enthusiastic about creating a sound learning environment and the staff has always been friendly and very helpful. I am very proud my daughter had an opportunity to attend Hightower last year and see the difference in your academic performance this year.

Posted February 04, 2008

Posted October 18, 2007

Posted August 09, 2006
Fabulous school with incredible community support, great PTSA, energetic teachers and staff, and high expectations for learning! I cannot say enough positive things about Hightower Trail Middle. It is truly a dream school where you know that your child will learn and be nurtured no matter whose class they end up in. Test scores are always among the highest in the state and it is 'cool' to be a high achiever here.

Hightower Trail Middle School
3905 Post Oak Tritt Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Hightower Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8
Hightower Trail Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top