Marietta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,187
After care: No

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
How is this school respecting their students if they teach body shaming and gender discrimination???

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
I just moved here last December. When school time comes around, I see ample moms coming into the Justice store frantic about finding long shorts for their daughters. After about 12 moms coming in, I finally asked one what gives. She said that the girls aren't allowed to wear basketball shorts (or any variation). However, THE BOYS CAN!! That made me so enraged! Their sexist "policy" makes want to go straight to the Board of Education. What's next? Females aren't allowed to wear clothes that actually fit them because the school's afraid that their breasts will stand out too much, and their hips will show??? Dodgen isn't even a Christian/Private school. This idiocy is also why some girls obtain a lower self esteem around Middle School. They should be confident in what they have and NOT have it SHUNNED! If the school doesn't want a mob of irate mothers storming through their school, then the policies should include an evenly matched dress code. Better yet, if you're going to do all of that, then why not just put the students in uniforms? That way, the school won't worry about anything being "exposed". I plan to live near a district where this level of asininity does not exist. I would NOT send neither my son nor daughter to a school that teaches sexism and discrimination, and lowers self confidence.

Dodgen Middle School 2

Posted February 14, 2015
Teachers, counselors, front office admin, custodians are very generous, encouraging, and caring! My son enjoys school so much everyday, he even say he does not like weekend or holidays because he can't go to school. I saw some negative comments left though my son have never experienced such a thing at school. One thing I can tell is that school is the place to study for sure. Teachers are making tremendous efforts to push the kids up for their academic success - if the parents does not want to help their straggling kids at home, I do not think East Cobb is not for them. If the parents does not want their kids to study hard, they'll never satisfied with any schools, because school is the place to study!

Posted January 25, 2015
Bad. There are no words to describe how bad this school is. Their great test scores are the result of pushing out children who are less than great. Is your kid perfect? Go here. Is your kid less than perfect? They won't be here long.

Posted July 29, 2014
I went to Dodgen and it was a great experience. I have been seeing a lot of comments about kids being bullied or the teachers having favorites and I havent had any of those experiences and I am not what you would call a popular kid. The education is great plus we have a lot of fun days where you get to dress up and we have Olympics; which is a continuous field day. I enjoyed my three years at Dodgen.

Posted June 23, 2014
Every time I describe what this school did to my disabled daughter the review gets removed. It is that bad it is actually against the rules of this website to tell you about it.

Posted June 22, 2014
To many problems to detail in this review and too little time to do it. The last two reviews I left were removed so you'll understand why I'm not going to out much effort into this one. Suffice it to say, the problems are so severe that we are homeschooling our child now because of this abomination of a school. They play favorites, the teachers are classroom managers, not educators, the biggest bullies in the school are the administrators and faculty. Complaints to the school board are dismissed as "unfounded" and are accompanied by thinly veiled threats of litigation hoping that the families will be too ignorant or otherwise unwilling to pursue legal action. Keep your eyes on the news and newspapers in the last 1/2 of 2014 for stories about the things I can't write here if I want this review to stay on "Great Schools".

Posted April 14, 2014
My school is awesome. The teachers are the best in the world. I like the teachers. There are not many bullies.

Posted December 17, 2013
Dodgen prides itself in its anti-bullying policies. However, I was horrendously bullied all three years there, and it got worse with each year. I am now in the tenth grade at a high school that I chose to attend not only for the program offered, but because it was so far away and I felt unwelcome in my own home. Students from Dodgen found where I lived and even after school let out at the end of eighth grade they would come to my house and wait for me to come out so that they could harass me. Any time I made an attempt to tell a teacher, I was laughed at. The teachers and staff favor the "popular" kids who were harassing me and refuses to help me because of it. I now suffer from depression and social anxiety, largely triggered by my experience at Dodgen. Thanks for your "no bully policy", Dodgen.

1725 Bill Murdock Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Dodgen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dodgen Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top