Marietta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,179
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted July 29, 2014
I went to Dodgen and it was a great experience. I have been seeing a lot of comments about kids being bullied or the teachers having favorites and I havent had any of those experiences and I am not what you would call a popular kid. The education is great plus we have a lot of fun days where you get to dress up and we have Olympics; which is a continuous field day. I enjoyed my three years at Dodgen.

Posted June 23, 2014
Every time I describe what this school did to my disabled daughter the review gets removed. It is that bad it is actually against the rules of this website to tell you about it.

Posted June 22, 2014
To many problems to detail in this review and too little time to do it. The last two reviews I left were removed so you'll understand why I'm not going to out much effort into this one. Suffice it to say, the problems are so severe that we are homeschooling our child now because of this abomination of a school. They play favorites, the teachers are classroom managers, not educators, the biggest bullies in the school are the administrators and faculty. Complaints to the school board are dismissed as "unfounded" and are accompanied by thinly veiled threats of litigation hoping that the families will be too ignorant or otherwise unwilling to pursue legal action. Keep your eyes on the news and newspapers in the last 1/2 of 2014 for stories about the things I can't write here if I want this review to stay on "Great Schools".

Posted April 14, 2014
My school is awesome. The teachers are the best in the world. I like the teachers. There are not many bullies.

Posted December 17, 2013
Dodgen prides itself in its anti-bullying policies. However, I was horrendously bullied all three years there, and it got worse with each year. I am now in the tenth grade at a high school that I chose to attend not only for the program offered, but because it was so far away and I felt unwelcome in my own home. Students from Dodgen found where I lived and even after school let out at the end of eighth grade they would come to my house and wait for me to come out so that they could harass me. Any time I made an attempt to tell a teacher, I was laughed at. The teachers and staff favor the "popular" kids who were harassing me and refuses to help me because of it. I now suffer from depression and social anxiety, largely triggered by my experience at Dodgen. Thanks for your "no bully policy", Dodgen.

Posted June 10, 2013
We moved specifically to go to Dodgen. After touring all the local schools and talking to lots of parents, Dodgen had the best reputation for high level of education and a nice place to be. It has totally lived up to our expectations. Our son had a great year and says he loves it! The band program is amazing and his teachers were all helpful and responsive. He has had great grades and test scores.

Posted September 28, 2009

Dodgen Middle School 3

Posted February 12, 2008

Dodgen Middle School 2

Posted February 10, 2008
im tired of hearing about how this is such a great school its ok but it focuses too much on dicipline and u can get in trouble for almost anything some of the teachers dont teach and just expect that you know how to do everything i want to go back to my old school

Posted January 17, 2008

Dodgen Middle School
1725 Bill Murdock Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Dodgen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dodgen Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top