Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our son just finished his kindergarten year at Birney and we could not be more pleased. The teaching staff is fantastic and very involved. Very happy with the decision to use our local public school! It is true there needs to be more parental involvement at the PTA level but they are actively working on it. Looking forward to a great summer leading into a great first grade year.

Our boy loved getting up in the morning and going to school. He loved his teacher and still does. He was excited about learning and his appetite was whetted for further investigation and learning.

My daughter attend Birney a few years ago. The quality of primary education was top notch which enabled her to progress and later was accepted into South Cobb's magnet program. Great leadership and teacher staff. Great communities surrounding the area.

I love Birney. And the staff are amazing. My kids love Birney too. They are like a second family to us.

The teachers are really what make this school great. Overall it is an average school - with very below average parental/teacher involvement in the PTA. The test scores are improving, but the demographic is Title I. They really need to get the parents more involved, but you can only do so much.

I can see tangible results of good teaching and leadership towards my daughter(s) and her teachers. Both daughters are above their perspective reading/math levels. My wife is active in the PTA. As a father, I read to the students on 'Father's Day' activities. This is a good school -becoming predominately Hispanic/African American.

this school make me a better learning in school and it buitls me a best worker

Supprise to hear the comment posted April 13. That parent obviously did not join the PTA. Birney offers everything she was complaining about. Birney Elementary is a great school. With great teachers.

My transferred to this school this year and I did not what I learned about it from the start and to this day do not like it. I have never met his teacher. They do not have socials for the kids whether it be Halloween,welcome back to school, or end of school year like his previous school where not only did I know but my son and many of the students knew the principal very well. He was very hands on and really seemed to sincerely care about the kids not only learning but having proper behavior even in fun settings. Birney has weird rules, they do not nourish parent/teacher relationships, they leave kids standing outside in the cold even after the doors are supposedly open. I've seen them let in a teacher and make the kids wait outside and I've seen kids inside because their parents work there running around while other children waited outside in the cold. They DO NOT CARE much but mostly if someone breaks the rules, is late, or does not have the 50 pieces of required paperwork for various things. I am seriously considering seeing about transferring my son out of this school and would not recommend it as it is currently run.

My step daughter came to this country unable to speak English. We put her into second grade. Birney has a special language teacher who worked with her every day. I was quite impressed how hard the school worked to integrate my daughter into the "normal" classroom. The school works hard to get everyone involved in school activities and your child's education. I'm not sure that the homework is very challenging, however. She's in 3rd grade now and maybe I'm being overly critical as to how much homework 3rd graders should be doing. I'm overall happy with the school.

Last modified Birney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.