Marietta, GA
Students enrolled: 2,344

Wheeler High School 2

Posted May 12, 2015
Don't go to this school. I thought that it looked great after reading the reviews on this sight I was sorely mistaken. The buildings are gross, it reeks of sewage in the hallways everyday. The teachers are abismal, they do not care about their jobs and give unfair favoritism to certain students. However, the worst thing is the counselors, they are never there, they are always either on break or not seeing people. I was only able to see my counselor two times this school year, once for the school messing up my schedule and once for a teacher trying to fail me without reason (before you try and say that my last statement was false I had all A's in every single one of my other classes and a 3.9 GPA, I don't fail classes.) Both times I had to wait for over an hour to see her, and the worst part was that I could hear her laughing and joking with the other counselors while I waited. The only positives of the school are that some of the people are nice, when they're not brawling in the cafeteria, and the principal is stellar. However the principal is leaving this summer, therefore I can not wait to see this school's downward spiral.

Posted February 28, 2015
I love this school. The way the students bond at events is great. We are like a big happy diverse family. Everyone I know has plans on graduating. Failing grades and bad behavior is frowned upon. If you are having problems understanding the material, there is always tutoring and you can email your teachers about any concern you have. This school should most definitely be ranked higher than a 6 out of 10.

Posted September 27, 2014
I go here (Class of 2015) I recommend this school. I love it plenty of activities for students and many opportunities for students to keep grades up or get grades up most teachers are respectful, helpful and energetic. .. they always. Are changing things to best help the students ... the principal treats every student like his own child greets us every time he sees us hug and shakes our hand. And ever forget our name like every great parent. .. I love this school

Posted April 05, 2014
This school is on the rise to be the BEST all around school in Cobb County. The challenge of a diverse financial population has been the challenge that administrators and faculty have taken on squarely and they are winning. Raising the bar in every area has begun to pay off with a local perception that Wheeler is a great school, with terrific students. The brand new building has helped create the atmosphere for excellence. This is a place for well rounded, real life, opportunities and challenges. High school is what you make it where ever you are. Wheeler has given my children every academic opportunity as well as quality sports and student life programs.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 02, 2014
Wheeler is an excellent school with great staff and leadership who truly care. The new buildings add much needed facility upgrades. The magnet program is excellent and the level of parent involvement is significant. Such a wonderful school!

Wheeler High School 4

Posted August 09, 2013
I am so happy to read the latest evaluation of Wheeler. We have just relocated here from a large school on the West coast. We are very happy with the rich diverse population of Wheeler and the offerings that Wheeler has. However, my husband and I have been disappointed at the scheduling mechanism that the school utilizes. Our sons last school used a system that was similar to a university scheduling system. It did not eliminate issues, but it certainly made the ability to drop and change classes a much easier process. I have given Wheeler 4-5 stars, but this issue should be evaluated and other schools should be used as an outside resource/example.
2 people found this helpful

Wheeler High School 3

Posted August 08, 2013
Beautiful school, top teachers. However, unsure if it is a County or specific school issue, but the scheduling of classes and the delineation of the actual schedule is questionable. The leadership from top down is missing out on how they could take what has historically been a struggling school and make it GREAT by starting the year off with balanced schedules that provide appropriate academic challenges balanced with each students passion. I would encourage the Board of Education to make an inquiry. Wheelers opportunity to attract the best and the brightest back to a beautiful school that has depth in student diversity and talent is now. This is an opportunity for Sweeney. The BOE should look at how the uneven class distribution is impacting the students. They need to provide appropriate software than can accommodate for block scheduling or evaluate the potential lack of leadership in curriculum adherence.. Chiprany is an amazing leader, but he may be missing the boat on scheduling. Wheeler's time is now. However, first impressions are crucial if you want to be a top notch school in Cobb. It must be top priority to place Students in classes that provide an academic balance.

Posted June 27, 2013
As my son entered his last year in middle school I told him he should consider the opportunities offered at the magnet schools in Cobb County. He said he wasn't interested and wanted to go to his zoned school with his friends. I told him that was fine because he probably wouldn't be accepted anyways. He showed me by getting accepted at Wheeler Magnet and has never taken his foot off the pedal since. He will be starting his junior year and his classes are the equivalent of what I took in my sophomore year of college (I have a BSME). The teachers are incredible and being surrounded by other high achieving, focused students does wonders for a young teen's attitude and effort. I never thought I'd hear my son regularly ask me if he could stay after school to work with his classmates on a project or for a study group. He also is a varsity athelete and the sports teams work with the magnet students because they know for them academics are their priority. He loves the school and is proud to be a magnet student there.

Posted June 24, 2013
The Wheeler magnet program is first rate. The school is consistently ranked as one of the finest public schools in Georgia and is recognized nationally as well.

Posted June 23, 2013
Moving to a different state when your son is 16 is difficult. Fortunately, my son attended Wheeler High School. I applaud the teachers for helping to make his transition easier.
2 people found this helpful

Wheeler High School
375 Holt Rd NE, Marietta, GA  30068
Last modified Wheeler High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheeler High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top