Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Have you heard of a teacher bullying students? Demeaning them in front of the class? There is one such teacher. Ask seniors and they will tell you in one voice who that is.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I would not rate all teachers as not effective for 2 rotten ones in a big batch of teachers. Most teachers are effective. Top on my list of effective teachers, Mrs. Todoric, Dr. Cody, entire math department, Mr. Ritenour, AP world history and AP Psych teachers were great.

Teachers show favoritism for attendance? Lol!! Grow up!! A teacher marks 1 out of the 4 students that show up late to class and admits to doing that only for 1 student supposedly, because that poor kid slept in for the first time. Seriously? Who gets to make the call? A proctor? Well thats all it was! It was raining and the proctor making an assumption that kids have a stroll and come to class several minutes late. They don't have to ...this is a Gtech distance math class. They don't have to take that class. It is very competitive to get in at the first place and secondly, this is not a requirement. So only motivated students will take this class. Internship teacher...the less we say the better. So impractical and her only explanation to everything is this is not your typical class...and oh yes her strong likes and dislikes will show on your grades. Once she forms an opinion of you, the lord will have a hard time convincing otherwise. The administration is good and the counsellors are par excellence. Chem teacher, Dr. Cody is great, so is the Math department. Physics, Mr. Ritenour is not only academically awesome but can connect very well with all the students. Ms. Todoric is an awesome english teacher that makes the students work hard but gets results! So that's my 2 cents!

We were all worried at the end of next year about getting a new principal, but Dr. Giles has turned out to be great. The new buildings are awesome and it seems as though there are less discipline issues this year. Proud to be a Wildcat. Highly recommend going here!

My daughter attends Wheeler and she made the transition after coming from private school. It is a very diverse school and I really like that about the school. Most of the students get along really well and the teachers are amazing. Wheeler is very proud of their students and they also have a magnet school program for math and sciences. We have only had great experiences at Wheeler.

Don't go to this school. I thought that it looked great after reading the reviews on this sight I was sorely mistaken. The buildings are gross, it reeks of sewage in the hallways everyday. The teachers are abismal, they do not care about their jobs and give unfair favoritism to certain students. However, the worst thing is the counselors, they are never there, they are always either on break or not seeing people. I was only able to see my counselor two times this school year, once for the school messing up my schedule and once for a teacher trying to fail me without reason (before you try and say that my last statement was false I had all A's in every single one of my other classes and a 3.9 GPA, I don't fail classes.) Both times I had to wait for over an hour to see her, and the worst part was that I could hear her laughing and joking with the other counselors while I waited. The only positives of the school are that some of the people are nice, when they're not brawling in the cafeteria, and the principal is stellar. However the principal is leaving this summer, therefore I can not wait to see this school's downward spiral.

I love this school. The way the students bond at events is great. We are like a big happy diverse family. Everyone I know has plans on graduating. Failing grades and bad behavior is frowned upon. If you are having problems understanding the material, there is always tutoring and you can email your teachers about any concern you have. This school should most definitely be ranked higher than a 6 out of 10.

I go here (Class of 2015) I recommend this school. I love it plenty of activities for students and many opportunities for students to keep grades up or get grades up most teachers are respectful, helpful and energetic. .. they always. Are changing things to best help the students ... the principal treats every student like his own child greets us every time he sees us hug and shakes our hand. And ever forget our name like every great parent. .. I love this school

This school is on the rise to be the BEST all around school in Cobb County. The challenge of a diverse financial population has been the challenge that administrators and faculty have taken on squarely and they are winning. Raising the bar in every area has begun to pay off with a local perception that Wheeler is a great school, with terrific students. The brand new building has helped create the atmosphere for excellence. This is a place for well rounded, real life, opportunities and challenges. High school is what you make it where ever you are. Wheeler has given my children every academic opportunity as well as quality sports and student life programs.

Wheeler is an excellent school with great staff and leadership who truly care. The new buildings add much needed facility upgrades. The magnet program is excellent and the level of parent involvement is significant. Such a wonderful school!

Last modified Wheeler High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.