Marietta, GA

Posted October 19, 2014
Powers ferry elementary is a great school! The teachers are great and supporting staff. My child is very happy there. I recommend it.

Posted October 01, 2014
This school is fabulous! For a small public school it is great! They are attentive to the children's needs and are keeping them prepared for challenges to come, There is so much involvement with the kids! They are constantly learning and having fun in and out of the classroom. I am so impressed with the organization of afterschool activities

Posted August 29, 2014
Powers Ferry is a small school with many challenges that educators work hard to overcome. The staff is relentless in pushing children to meet high standards, and cares deeply about the success and happiness of each and every child. The teachers take on new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude. They need to be recognized for the tremendously hard work they do everyday. Don't let the test scores and aging building deceive you into thinking this is a sub-par school---the best teaching and learning strategies take place in the classrooms!

Posted January 21, 2014
Powers Ferry is great! I moved from out of town and had some people say some cosmetic things about Powers Ferry, so I checked some other schools out first. The welcome and love my child and I received there was uncomparible. The faculty and staff are amazing. There is always something going on and the PARENTS ARE ACTUALLY INVOVLED!. We have been there six months and the only complaint I had was there were no consequences for my child. Dont get me wrong, my child is the furthest thing away from a behavior problem, but she has to have consequences for not doing her work. The teacher is easy to talk too and has assured me that she will stay on top of it, but she just loves her so much! Any teacher that can hug ALL of their students and truly love and care for them deserves a pat on the back!

Posted January 07, 2013
Sawyer Road Elementary is a fantastic school. The teacher and staff truly care about the progress of every child - including those who are behind and those who are advanced. The IB Primary Years Program is sought after in many school districts and private schools charge a great deal of money for this type of curriculum. The students at Sawyer are getting the curriculum as their public education! My son has flourished at this school the past three years and I would urge everyone in this school district to go take a tour because you will be blown away.

Posted May 04, 2012
I am happy with the progress my child has made at Powers Ferry Elementary school. My standards toward education is higher than what I see at the school since I am an ex-private school teacher. However the teachers and staff and their dedication to seeing a child succeed has really left a positive impression on me as a parent and I am happy that my child enjoys going to school each day. The school does an excellent job in having events and encouraging parental involvement. I am looking forward to the upcoming school year with my child in attendance.

Posted November 18, 2010
They have good teachers that really care about the students. The staff seems passionate about helping the children move forward.

Powers Ferry Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2010

Powers Ferry Elementary School 3

Posted February 16, 2010

Powers Ferry Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2010
teachers are bad with kids and call every 5 seconds because they can't handle the kids in the classroom. It's not the major stuff, its always little stuff like someone said a word in a hall and they call home.

Powers Ferry Elementary School
403 Powers Ferry Rd SE, Marietta, GA  30067
Last modified Powers Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Powers Ferry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top