Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

I believe East Side has a strong focus on developing programs that explain to children on their level what it means to be honest and fair and instills these virtues in their children with the outcome of having a high level of integrity.

My daughter and granddaughter have both attended this school so I have quite a lot of experience and years of being involved with this school. Not only is the education top notch, but there is such a loving spirit at this school. I love that there is diversity and a shared respect of celebrating different cultures at this school. The parents are very involved and work with the administration closely with a common goal of creating a loving, safe environment where children can flourish is a learning environment.

The parents who ARE involved are very involved; you will always have parents that are involved minimally (for whatever reason). Parents also volunteer their time to be of use as a front desk person or assistance in the classroom. Very involved PTA and Foundation that the school is even more successful due to the involvement of these 2 "services". They are awesome! I am so thankful that the school has a Foundation. We love it at East Side Elementary! PS - Glad I have not had to do any selling of gift wrap or chocolate bars!!!!! I much rather just write the check and donate my time!!! The 2 teachers we have had - we have loved and our student has loved! All I can say is - parent involvement is key!!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

This is only our 2nd yr; to date, the 2 teachers have been very effective.

Amount of homework: no rating

My child is only in 1st grade - to date, the homework has been fair but there is still lots of school and years left!

East side is an okay school. 5 points for the regular curriculum. Zero for their so called "Target" program for the gifted. We moved from Seattle where their "Target" class room was a separate section of students though out the week. The work and assignments in Target program need far less work and skills than the regular program at east side. After a few weeks I have asked my kid to ignore target assignments on a case by case basis.

Absolutely great! Teachers administration, students and kids all stellar. Had a fabulous experience with my son who is about to graduate

This school should get 5 stars for the quality of the teachers and facilities. It gets 3 stars and should probably get fewer because of principal Mavity. She is a sorry excuse for a principal. She makes judgments on the kids based on her dislike of the children's parents not fitting her ideal. She does not like being bothered with kids problems. And she makes up excuses to punish children for the least of transgressions. On top of this, she is inconsistent in how she applies her form of justice. Ask any number of parents at random and you will find that she is disliked and considered a poor excuse for a principal. Sadly it seems that the school and students are stuck with her and will suffer while she "reigns".

My son was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome and severe ADHD after 15 months of Cobb County schooling in other schools. He was moved to East Side because they are best equipped for special needs children with Behavior Challenges. Now he LOVES school, loves his teachers, loves After School because the teachers are amazing. They have turned our lives around with teaching him how to be successful, getting A+ everyday, and learning how to be responsible with consequences. I cannot say enough about East Side, the kids there are all smart and learning at the top of their ability, and test scores seem the least important thing at this school. The parents seem to all show up to school events and are very welcoming to new parents. Rarely do they ask for special donations like other schools. Do not hesitate to move into this school district, to me it is heads above all the others nearby due to the caring teachers and staff. It also received a recent renovation and it feels like an intimate college campus. Having a special needs child is very difficult but this school shows parents each child is unique.

Before coming to East Side, we our son was struggling big time educationally and socially. We moved from the Atlanta Public School system and purposely moved to this area after some research about this school. I must say it was hands down the BEST decision we ever made! The admins and teachers worked closely with my son to find ways to help him succeed. We were able to pinpoint what was going in and now he's thriving and has LOTS of friends. The parents are also great with volunteering and giving back to the school. Do I feel that they are given a bit of an over-rating at times? Yes and no. Yes because people are given the impression that this is the best ele, school in Cobb. I don't believe that. No because this school is EXCELLENT at what it does and has met our expectations 10 times over.

Last modified East Side Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.