Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Sope Creek is a great community of teachers, students, parents and administrators that are all about the children. Both of my kids have had excellent experiences at Sope Creek and we are so grateful that it is our neighborhood school.

We have two children at Sope Creek and their experience has been overwhelmingly positive. They have had wonderful teachers and the administration could not be more attentive and responsive. This has been an excellent school for many years and it continues in that tradition. We agree with the parent below who questioned the validity of the negative reviews. Read them closely and ask yourself if they are convincing - the grammar and spelling alone warrant some skepticism. But more than that, ask yourself what motivates people to air their grievances on the Internet and whether their complaints seem representative of the experience of most parents and children at this school. I can tell you with certainty they are not.

We had such a horrible experience with this school. Teachers and management neither care for the kids not for the parents. My 1st grader lost his way so many times in the morning with no escort. There are other better cobb county schools around if you have option

This school is not at the level of expectation that I had when I enrolled my kid. Seems to be the only option in my locality though.

If you are a parent obsessively scouring the internet for information about public schools, I am writing this for you. Good parents agonize over every tidbit of data, ranking, test score, demographic, and unfortunately, review they can find. Intuitively, we all know online reviews are of dubious value. It doesn t take much experience to know (1) some people cannot be satisfied, and (2) the most vocal reviewers tend to be disgruntled. So, I come to my thoughts about Sope Creek, which I hazard are shared by the great majority of parents. Look at the data, come visit the school, talk to people, see for yourself. Sope Creek is an excellent school. The faculty and administration are intelligent, responsive, caring, and dedicated. The curriculum is challenging and enriching. Our children attend school with well behaved, engaged kids. The list of parent volunteers in our daughter s class was pages long. We have no doubt our children will be well prepared for the rigors of Dickerson Middle and Walton High School. My wife and I are well educated professionals. We could have paid for private school, but with public schools like these in East Cobb, for us it was a no-brainer.

My kid was at his 1st grade this year and we had the best school year ever with Mrs.Aronson. She was very kind and emphatic and very traditional. The principal Mrs.Whalen, was very dedicated and stayed back on the day of inclement weather till the last student was picked up by his parents till 10PM. The school also offers enrichment programs as part of ASP and TARGET!!

We only care only about test scores, not so much the students. We have a teaching approach that we believe is outstanding but when compared to other schools it really isnt, and the kids are actually no smarter and no more prepared then any other kids. More like "smoke and mirrors".

Sope Creek is an exceptional school. Students are challenged in the classrooms and provided with many extra curricular opportunities. Every teacher we have encountered has been top notch. We are very happy with Sope Creek!

I agree with the special needs comments, they don't welcome or want them there/ and you don't want your child there either. Send them to another one of the wonderful, caring and loving schools in Cobb County. This just isn't one of them. The principal is awful also..

Absolutely Terrifying! Avoid this school at all costs. Education begins in ones' home. My son attended Sope creek this past year, On the first day at bus loading coming home, he walked out on to the play ground and was with the after school kids.. No one knew where he was . He was suppose to be on the bus coming home. .My wife rushed to the school .., I was prepared to call the police.. My wife found him upon arriving , he was in the After School program outside. They didnt know who he was..either. Second incident: My son and another boy had to write behavior notes before being let out to play for the little play time that they do get. The teacher let him out.. at that same time the Sub Asst teacher had brought the other kids inside.. He was left outside by himself and had to knock on the school back door to get back in. Folks we moved here from my job in Asia, not knowing anything about Georgia or Atlanta.. We looked at Great Schools for advice on selecting a good school. Sope is rated 10 However I would score them 10 on Gross Neglect, Cruel and usual punishment, over working the kids and a general feeling of depression when you walk in the school. Education begins in the home

Last modified Sope Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.