Marietta, GA

Posted November 12, 2013
My child has attended Rocky Mount from Kindergarten to Fifth grade and I still feel like a stranger when I walk in the door. The school has a cold atmosphere and most of the front office staff is extremely unfriendly. It is a safe school and for that I am grateful. Most of the teachers there are outstanding although we did struggle with one, which come to find out many others had the same problem. I would say the overall experience there was disappointing and if I had to do it all over again I would have moved to a different district. Academics are important but so are the cherished memories of elementary school and Rocky Mount definitely fell short of those! Why they are so miserable I cannot understand for they are in a fabulous area and have a lovely school.

Posted September 18, 2013
This school pleasantly surprised me with the focus in instilling down-to-earth values and discipline in children.

Posted February 12, 2013
We are in the unique position of having children in different elementary schools. My hearing impaired child goes to Rocky Mount. If I were to make a choice between Rocky Mount and the other top rated school, I would choose Rocky Mount. The staff are fantastic, the social workers are pro-active and engaging (before there are any problems!). I am going Rocky Mount and that close community feel which I know we don't have at the other school.

Rocky Mount Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2012
Gone are the days are "warm and fuzzy"! When the former principal left, unfortunately, that left too. It feels like my child is a student i.d. capable only of being drilled for standardized testing. When will the administration remember that in order to have successful children turn into successful adults, you have to remember social/emotional aspects of the child and not just academia? It doesn't feel like "public" school anymore. More like "government" school. Big difference.

Rocky Mount Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2012
Rocky Mount is a wonderful school with fabulous teachers. I've felt very fortunate to send my children there. I'm very sad to say that my satisfaction has been shaken this school year by the institution of a new "silent lunch" policy. It goes completely against what I've always known the school to be: a place where children are encouraged to be responsible, respectful, well-mannered human beings. This year, instead of looking happy and social in the cafeteria, as they have in years past, the students appear scared and belittled. It has been stunning and quite horrifying. I never thought this would happen in our school. I hope for a quick end to this new policy, so that I can once again feel good about, and speak highly of Rocky Mount.

Posted May 03, 2012
I am shocked to read the criticism of Gail May. My experience as a parent has been very good with the entire administration, including Ms. May. One of my kids had a minor learning problem -- it was quickly addressed in a caring manner by no less than six administration members. My son is now making high grades and doing great. My daughter was hit once by a child. One call to Ms. May took care of that problem instantly. The bully has been moved to another class away from my daughter, and Ms. May was very kind in addressing my concerns. It is good to see zero tolerance for bullying at Rocky Mt. after what we've read about other schools in the news. It's good to see the attention given to the well behaved kids who are working hard, vs. the coddling given to the troublemakers at other schools. We love Rocky Mount!

Posted December 16, 2011
We have two children attending Rocky Mount and we couldn't be more pleased! Our children are challenged academically and valued as members of the school community. Our kids have had innovative, inspiring, and motivated teachers who seem to love their jobs. We chose to move into the Rocky Mount district because we liked the small school size and we haven't been disappointed.

Posted December 07, 2011
I am not valued as a parent. This school wants to do what they want to do and wish the parents would keep their mouths closed. I am hoping Gail May the pincipal will retire soon or get transferred soon! Some of the teachers are good and my son has learned a lot BUT again on their terms with little communication.

Posted April 17, 2011
This is a fine school for all the kids that land on the bell curve. You will do fine and be pushed through the system. However, this school does not adapt well to children with specific needs. They are all categorized under one umbrella and never again looked at as capable of anything. However, there is a huge push to make sure they pass the CRCT's. This test seems to be the one thing this school focuses around and when that is over, so is the school year. Not much more learning goes on after the test, but my kids due tend to get a lot of movie watching time in.

Rocky Mount Elementary School 2

Posted January 18, 2011
Terrible communications to and with parents! The website is outdated and rarely updated, the PTA page has been 'under construction' since October 2010, and the Adminstrator's blog hasn't been updated at all since October. If you e-mail or call the administration, you will not get a response for days -if at all. The teachers are fantastic but with the poor adminstration and management of the school, I have to wonder how many good teachers will look to be reassigned to other schools. Compared to other schools in the area, Rocky Mount is about 20 years behind the times with regard to use of the web and communications with parents.

Rocky Mount Elementary School
2400 Rocky Mountain Rd NE, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Rocky Mount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Mount Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top