Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted May 12, 2016
The teachers take time and effort to educate our children. I like very much her school. Rocky Mount Elementary in Marietta, GA. Good education, strong learning program in fun environment.

Rocky Mount Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 12, 2016
My granddaughter has 2 wonderful teachers, Ms. Long and Ms. Childress that worry about her education and future. I graceful for that. Thank you all the teachers that take time and effort to educate our future generation.

Posted February 04, 2016
Teachers care about the students. Academics are strong and teachers make learning fun. The school also has a very active PTA, strong volunteerism and many extracurricular activities. I feel very welcome when I am on campus, and very appreciated for volunteering.

Posted November 13, 2015
We have 2 kids at Rocky Mount and have been there for 4 years now. We love the school. The teachers have been awesome and the quality of the academics is great. The school is big enough that there are multiple teachers for each grade, but small enough that you can get to know a lot of people. The school is very accessible for parents and volunteering in the classroom. We couldn't be happier with the school and our experience.

Rocky Mount Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2013
My child has attended Rocky Mount from Kindergarten to Fifth grade and I still feel like a stranger when I walk in the door. The school has a cold atmosphere and most of the front office staff is extremely unfriendly. It is a safe school and for that I am grateful. Most of the teachers there are outstanding although we did struggle with one, which come to find out many others had the same problem. I would say the overall experience there was disappointing and if I had to do it all over again I would have moved to a different district. Academics are important but so are the cherished memories of elementary school and Rocky Mount definitely fell short of those! Why they are so miserable I cannot understand for they are in a fabulous area and have a lovely school.

Posted September 18, 2013
This school pleasantly surprised me with the focus in instilling down-to-earth values and discipline in children.

Posted February 12, 2013
We are in the unique position of having children in different elementary schools. My hearing impaired child goes to Rocky Mount. If I were to make a choice between Rocky Mount and the other top rated school, I would choose Rocky Mount. The staff are fantastic, the social workers are pro-active and engaging (before there are any problems!). I am going Rocky Mount and that close community feel which I know we don't have at the other school.

Rocky Mount Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2012
Gone are the days are "warm and fuzzy"! When the former principal left, unfortunately, that left too. It feels like my child is a student i.d. capable only of being drilled for standardized testing. When will the administration remember that in order to have successful children turn into successful adults, you have to remember social/emotional aspects of the child and not just academia? It doesn't feel like "public" school anymore. More like "government" school. Big difference.

Rocky Mount Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2012
Rocky Mount is a wonderful school with fabulous teachers. I've felt very fortunate to send my children there. I'm very sad to say that my satisfaction has been shaken this school year by the institution of a new "silent lunch" policy. It goes completely against what I've always known the school to be: a place where children are encouraged to be responsible, respectful, well-mannered human beings. This year, instead of looking happy and social in the cafeteria, as they have in years past, the students appear scared and belittled. It has been stunning and quite horrifying. I never thought this would happen in our school. I hope for a quick end to this new policy, so that I can once again feel good about, and speak highly of Rocky Mount.

Posted May 03, 2012
I am shocked to read the criticism of Gail May. My experience as a parent has been very good with the entire administration, including Ms. May. One of my kids had a minor learning problem -- it was quickly addressed in a caring manner by no less than six administration members. My son is now making high grades and doing great. My daughter was hit once by a child. One call to Ms. May took care of that problem instantly. The bully has been moved to another class away from my daughter, and Ms. May was very kind in addressing my concerns. It is good to see zero tolerance for bullying at Rocky Mt. after what we've read about other schools in the news. It's good to see the attention given to the well behaved kids who are working hard, vs. the coddling given to the troublemakers at other schools. We love Rocky Mount!

Rocky Mount Elementary School
2400 Rocky Mountain Rd Ne, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Rocky Mount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.