Murdock Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted April 22, 2014

My son loves going to this school. The teacher enforces good conduct which is required for learning. Teacher is very responsive to our requests and keeps us updated on sons progress. I am very glad to be in this school area. Highly recommend it.

Posted January 9, 2014

This is an excellent school.I could not ask for more when we moved to Atlanta. The personnel is amazing. If you send your kids to that school you should make sure that you have done a great decission.

Posted November 21, 2013

Our third child just started Kindergarten this year, and we are so thrilled to live in the Murdock district! We like the school so much that, when we decided to look for a similar house than the one we had, but with a basement, we ONLY looked in the Murdock area. My son has aspergers, and I cannot say enough good things about their program for special needs. He has made enormous progress over the years, and specialist we know was very impressed with the way his IEP was written. Besides the great education that our children are receiving (which is common in East Cobb), there is a lot of parent involvement in school activities. My children have had different teachers with different styles throughout the years, and so far they have done a good job in putting them in classes with a teacher that would enhance their abilities, while being conscious of their individual potential. The facilities are fantastic, and every time I have been to the school everything looked very clean, even in the back of the house areas.

Posted November 20, 2013

I attended Murdock when I was elementary school and my experience was amazing! Especially when I moved into Murdock in second grade, they organized a special day for me to go there for one day and see if I like it and I have created some of my best memories there, and all the staff have taught me valuable life lessons!

Posted October 21, 2013

I meant to write "now a robot" on the previous post. I apologize for the mistake.

Posted April 7, 2011

We moved from a neighboring county in the middle of the school year 2 years ago, the staff and principal went out of their way to show us around the school (on a busy day before winter holidays no less!), to get paperwork from the other school, to note our daughters medical condition, to make sure she got placed with a teacher that would challenge her in class (this was a problem at her previous school). I just can't say enough good things about this school, we hated moving mid school year but the staff (and parents) made it such a smooth transition that I'm very glad we did. The parents are super involved with the school and do a wonderful job showing the teachers how much they are appreciated. And unlike other schools they do not shove fund raising or kids having to sell things down your throat, not matter how you are able to help the school/kids it is very appreciated, weather it's in a small way or a big way. I just love this school!

Posted November 8, 2010

I have 2 kids in Murdock for the last 4 years and their and mine experience have been nothing but outstanding. Teachers, Principal, Administrative Staff and Volunteers, all of them always willing to help. I have volunteered my time in different occasions and under different circumstances and it has always been a pleasure to do it.

Posted October 6, 2009

Excellent school, with awesome staff, and great opportunities for parental involvement. My son is in third grade and he is truly proud of his school.

Posted December 19, 2008

We could not be any happier with this school! Everyone knows our children by name, and the attention that they receive is better than what I recall getting in private school as I was raised. My son is in the special needs class and Murdock's team of professional therapists has helped him progress a LOT over the last few months! We were looking for a bigger house, and we only searched in the Murdock boundaries until we finally found one that suit our needs.

Posted September 13, 2008

It's only the start of the school year but so far we are thrilled with Murdock and the instruction our kindergartner is receiving. His teacher is energetic, organized, even-handed and positive. He is already learning a lot and coming home happy! The sense of school spirit is strong and infectious--the staff generates a real sense of community. Hope to be writing a similar review at the end of fifth grade!

Posted February 6, 2008

I have two children at Murdock and have been disappointed in the school recently. The quality of teachers has gone down in the past few years, as has involvement in the PTA. This year I have felt as if I have been teaching my child his lessons during homework for 4th grade. It doesn't seem as if the lessons are taught in the classroom. This is the same experience with other parents as well. It may be the mandates that have come down from the county but it doesn't feel as if my 4th grader will be prepared for middle school.

Posted May 24, 2007

Our daughter is finishing Kindergarten at Murdock tomorrow, and we could not be any happier!! Mrs. Burke and Mrs. Calahan were wonderful with the kids, and our little girl has come a long way, since last October, when we moved here from California. We are very pleased and will be back next year.

Posted May 12, 2007

I have been at Murdock for a year & the teachers & quality of programs are excellent. Even the kindergartners are taught Spanish & computer skills. The faculty & staff welcome parent participation & their doors are open to listen to concern as well as praise. Parents are encouraged to be active in their child's education & programs to bring Murdock families together are frequent. Murdock has helped my kids love learning!

Posted January 26, 2006

I have two studnets at Murdock and I am so pleased.I feel you get a private school education at Murdock.The new foundation is wonderful bringing in Spanish and High Tech equipment to the school. The PTA is wonderful.Parents are very involved and teachers care and teach children on their own individual levels.The test scores are very high. The sky is the limit and the children are soaring. Murdock is one of the best schools in the state and is always trying to think of ways to become better and better.

Posted November 20, 2005

I have two children at Murdock for 4 years now. I have really lucked out with fantastic teachers Bourne, Blalock, Peck to name a few. The school has outstanding teachers and parent involvement is welcomed. I would encourage any parent to get involved to really see our well the school is run and what your child is learning. The foundation that was started in 04/05 has allowed many purchases and programs that meet the students' needs. I would recommend this school very highly.

Posted August 10, 2005

Our son is in second grade at Murdock and so far, our experience has been great! The PTA and school Foundation are very active and the new principal is wonderful. Would highly reccomend!

Posted May 20, 2005

Our child attended k-5 at Murdoch. The school is wonderful with great teachers, an outstanding principal and a very active PTA. Extra ciricular actives are abundant. Families are moving to East Cobb County in droves and one of the reasons is the outstanding school system from k-12. If you want an environment for your child like that touted of a private school system, this is the place.

Posted February 28, 2005

Our experience hasn't been as good as most of the other parents I've talked with at Murdock. So far, we've had two disappointing teacher experiences, which has caused us to consider moving our child to another school. Overall, I've heard that Murdock is an excellent school, which is underscored by the high test scores. Unfortunately, our child has been a bit behind in reading and maturity, and her teachers thus far have not been helpful in drawing out her potential.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

139 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

141 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

140 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

151 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 12% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2320 Murdock Rd