Marietta, GA

Murdock Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2015
Very disappointed in the faculty. Beware of the smiles and friendliness, their all fake. My children have been at Murdock for 1.5 years and I can honestly say that up until now I had not gotten a direct contact with the staff. Now that I have I don't like what I am noticing. The school has a great education program, but thats the only thing good. My daughter is autistic and I would NOT recommend sending your children to this school. They give you a very hard time with autistic children. They don't teach them or treat them great either. The people in the front office are great but also the principle is a liar. She practically makes up stories just to take the attention off of the school and I do feel they are a lil racist although they can't seem so blatantly. My kids do get treated differently and bullied at the school but I tried my best just to reach out for a better situation . I am looking elsewhere for my children come the next school year.

Posted December 09, 2014
Exceptional teachers and exceptional school. My son went to Mrs. Eubanks and Mrs.Moulds class in kindergarten and Mrs. Kastner's class in first grade......they are role model teachers to begin elementary years.The Principal is actively involved with day to day activities and the front office are very helpful......we have to move out of the country but not even a single day passes without thinking of Murdock in the morning......excellent school to begin your kids education.
3 people found this helpful

Murdock Elementary School 2

Posted October 07, 2014
I feel that if your child fits into Murdock mold they will do fine. They focus on test scores and if that is important to you than Murdock is the place for you. If you are looking for your child to have a diverse education look elsewhere.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 06, 2014
This is my son's first year at Murdock. We are excited so far. He's teacher is very approachable and easy to contact for updates and progress.

Posted July 24, 2014
Our daughter is in 1st grade at Murdock and so far, our experience has been great!

Posted April 22, 2014
My son loves going to this school. The teacher enforces good conduct which is required for learning. Teacher is very responsive to our requests and keeps us updated on sons progress. I am very glad to be in this school area. Highly recommend it.

Posted January 09, 2014
This is an excellent school.I could not ask for more when we moved to Atlanta. The personnel is amazing. If you send your kids to that school you should make sure that you have done a great decission.

Posted November 21, 2013
Our third child just started Kindergarten this year, and we are so thrilled to live in the Murdock district! We like the school so much that, when we decided to look for a similar house than the one we had, but with a basement, we ONLY looked in the Murdock area. My son has aspergers, and I cannot say enough good things about their program for special needs. He has made enormous progress over the years, and specialist we know was very impressed with the way his IEP was written. Besides the great education that our children are receiving (which is common in East Cobb), there is a lot of parent involvement in school activities. My children have had different teachers with different styles throughout the years, and so far they have done a good job in putting them in classes with a teacher that would enhance their abilities, while being conscious of their individual potential. The facilities are fantastic, and every time I have been to the school everything looked very clean, even in the back of the house areas.

Posted November 20, 2013
I attended Murdock when I was elementary school and my experience was amazing! Especially when I moved into Murdock in second grade, they organized a special day for me to go there for one day and see if I like it and I have created some of my best memories there, and all the staff have taught me valuable life lessons!

Murdock Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2013
I meant to write "now a robot" on the previous post. I apologize for the mistake.

Murdock Elementary School
2320 Murdock Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Murdock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Murdock Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top