Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted May 24, 2016
Murdock Elementary is a great school! Both of my kids had a wonderful experience Kindergarten - 5th grade. The principal is great and the teachers work hard to ensure student success. My kids worked hard but had a blast.

Posted May 06, 2016
My children have attended this school for 3 years now, and I could not be happier with the experience that we've had. We have not had an unpleasant experience with any of the teachers or administration and I am so thankful that we chose Murdock. I could go on and on about everything that they've done for my boys but I cant without crying! I could not have imagined a better Elementary school, especially for a kid with special needs....FYI- Ms. Hamlett (the principal) is absolutely amazing!

Murdock Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2016
My daughter went there for 1 year, terrible experience. Told the Principal about on ongoing teacher problem that she kept promising she'd handle. Never did. An honor student and loving school when she entered the school, a year later an honor student and hating school. Thankfully we found a great private school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 31, 2016
Kaufman was/is great. blah blah blah 15 words...ridiculous rules here Great Schools. blah blah blah

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted March 31, 2016
Science teacher is awesome. Kaufman...Advanced teachers great. Other than that I found them snobbish. They were too interested in themselves than truly teaching children.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted March 31, 2016
Grit...grit shouldn't apply to a student. Consistency, self worth, capability, honor, integrity, faith...but not grit. School is for learning...not testing for the big machine.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted March 31, 2016
If you follow the leader, the leader didn't follow through with her promise to speak to the teacher we were having a problem with.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
I appreciate the extra effort Ms Pitts and Ms Weber take with my son Luke Smolnik. I know he can be a challenge. I really try my best to regulate his diet...sometimes he sneaks stuff and that may be why his behavior is off. I appreciate you working so hard with my little dude! He means well and I know he will get better! Thanks for all you do!

Develops respect: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
That is a tough one...especially in young children, that should also be coming from the parent

Posted November 18, 2015
I just love this school, everyone is very nice and patient. I am looking forward to the next 4 years. I like the way the school is set up and I love ASP. I just couldn't be happier. The principal is wonderful. I know my child is in good hand!

2320 Murdock Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Murdock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.