Marietta, GA

Posted August 18, 2014
Great school--teachers, principal and all staff except one. My son was so excited to get into Target last year and now is miserable due to the teacher. I figured that they would pick excited, thoughtful and creative teachers for these positions, but she's negative and frankly just bitter. Could have made a better choice for sure. Otherwise, absolutely love Due West.

Posted December 11, 2013
We love Due West and have been there many, many years. The teachers are great and the activities fun for the kids and families. My only concern is that since the district now allows teachers' kids to attend any Cobb County school even if it isn't a feeder school where they work, our school is becoming increasingly overcrowded. Our principal needs to consider the kids actually districted for Due West and stop stuffing our school. Say no! There are over 75 Cobb County employee students in our school that can only hold so many. I am all for Due West teachers sending their kids to Due West...it only makes sense. All the others need to move into the district or choose the school or feeder school where they work.

Posted September 25, 2013
Excellent School! Wonderful Teachers and Staff! Exceptional PTA Volunteers! My child loves DWE - Thank you!

Due West Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
I love this school. The teachers are awesome. The kids support each other, and administration is truly concerned about each child's progress. I have one negative thing to say... Watch out for the PTA. They waste money on frivolous projects (see walking track) and took away the funding from the traditional field to get their project done.

Posted August 20, 2013
While the community surrounding Due West is growing the teachers and staff at Due West keep that tight knit community feeling within its walls. The teachers care about every one of the students at Due West and this is evident by walking the halls with my child, teachers that don't have a direct "role" in my child's day know them and acknowledge them. As a Due West Alumni I have and will bend over backwards to keep my children in THIS district. My daughter came to Due West in 2nd grade after completing 1st in another county. The teacher there never informed me she was behind or lacking in reading. Not only did her teacher pick up on it immediately but the whole team went into action to work WITH my daughter and brought her to grade level. I feel like every effort was made by every staff member involved and delivered with love as if it were their own child.

Due West Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2013
This school was TERRIBLE!!!!!! We moved into the district for 4th and 5th grade. Her 5th grade class did two book reports and one "major" project. None of these items were ever graded and when the teacher was consulted she said "she didn't have time to grade them!" What kind of a pathetic excuse is that!!! The students are not required to keep up with their reading and are not actually assessed until the end of the school year. I would never recommend this school! If you want a good elementary school, go to Still Elementary!!! It is about five minutes from Due West...

Posted June 09, 2013
Due West Elementary is a AWESOME school!! They really take GREAT care of the kids!!! My son is a student there and he LOVES it!!!

Due West Elementary School 2

Posted January 19, 2011
As a Black America parent I am not happy with the level of attention giving to my daughter success. My daughter enter Due West reading 2 levels ahead of her class only to be told after a full school year that she was not comprehending Her test scores that I received did not reflect a issue. The teacher did not give any indication that my daughter was having any issues until the end of the school year. To late to address.

Due West Elementary School 0

Posted May 17, 2010
Teachers are genuinely concerned with the success of the students

Posted May 16, 2010
Because the teachers care deeply for the students and their sucess

Due West Elementary School
3900 Due West Rd NW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Due West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Due West Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top