Bells Ferry Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 604 students

Sweep tile

Posted December 27, 2013

This school is a great school for kids.I've got 2 kids there who are doing well in their academics.We enrolled them at Bells Ferry cos we moved.I don't regret changing their schools.Their teachers are excellent too!

Posted November 13, 2013

The teachers are great. However the principal elected to put my son on the bus because he was a dollar short on his ASP account. He attends ASP every day after school. No one ever spoke to me, and let me know they were sending him home on the bus. So in freezing cold weather they send my 3rd grader home with no one there (I was at work). They do have my work number, but failed to call and inform me. Thanks for caring about his safety and wellbeing.

Posted October 24, 2013

This school is awesome my son has transferrred from one county to another and he really enjoys it.

Posted September 5, 2013

I can't say enough about how much I love this school and its faculty. The principle is very hands on and she seems to genuinely love her students. She is there to greet the kids in the morning and there to say goodbye at the end of the day. We did have a problem with one teacher, but the principle has an open door policy and was more than happy to discuss our situation. We identified the issue early, and in this case our child was moved to another class and we saw a great improvement. Sometimes teachers and students just don't mesh, and this was one of those times. The principle was actually apologetic that she "got it wrong" when selecting his teacher. His teacher this year is amazing. She is full of energy and understands that each child will learn in his or her own way. She finds ways to teach the children how to succeed in a way that is comfortable for them. My son didn't enjoy reading, and didn't seem to be getting it. This teacher spent her time looking for what would really pique his interest and tackled it from there. My son has seen a noticeable improvement in reading already this year. I will always remember the faculty at Bells Ferry! I love you guys!

Posted May 23, 2013

Bells Ferry Elementary was excellent in handling my son's special needs & late enrollment in Jan '13 after another school gave away my son's enrollment despite promising to "hold his spot" while my son had & recovered from 3 surgeries. Teacher & administration were amazingly proactive in pointing out special services we could use to help transition our son into school environment. Teacher was always quick to respond to concerns & inquiries via phone, emails, meetings, & texts. My concerns about my hyper child's inability to expend sufficient energy due to doctor's restrictions on activities resulted in a quick parent-teacher conference & some solutions that soon resulted in my child being happier with school & better behaved in classes. My kindergartner child ended the year with an award for personal success (for learning close to 200 sight words & improvements to writing). My child's grade k class had approximately 20 children with 1 teacher and 2 professional teaching assistants in attendance.

Posted February 26, 2013

I have 2 children that attend Bells Ferry and we love it! The teachers we've had have been amazing and I love the principle, Mrs. Starnes. You can tell she cares about her students and families! There was an incident when my oldest child was in Kindergarten, where another kindergartener was physically picking on my child on the bus. We submitted a concern to her teacher and the principle and it was handled immediately and thoroughly. I was very pleased. There has not been any more situations since then. And over all, I think the diversity at this school is wonderful. I can tell that the students in my childrens' classes strive for good grades. Also, there are no more trailers (my oldest child was in one for two years, and it was fine) and the new addition to the school is wonderful. Very pleased and I think anyone would be too!!!

Posted June 19, 2010

I grew up in Marietta & moved back after years in Gordon County. I was so disappointed with this school. My daughter went from being an all "A" honor student to being told that she wasn't going to pass the CRCT (she exceeded in all catergories last year.) She had to be changed to another class mid-year & did much better after that. My son who was in Kindergarten had an incident with the teacher that caused the state to get involved. The kids at the school are very "street wise" & my kids learned much more from them than they did academically. I will say that the principal was very concerned & involved & handled things in a very professional manner but overall I'm very disappointed with this school. Looking to move back out of Cobb County.

Posted June 11, 2010

Bells Ferry is a excellent Elementary School. Mrs. Starnes, principal, is one of the most personable people I have ever met and the kids love her. She stands in the front each morning and says hello to everyone as they come to school using thier name, if she see you out after school hours,she takes her time to stop and speak and is never is a rush. She's Fabulous. Teachers are the best ever. It is clear they love working at Bells Ferry and love teaching children. I have two children there and have always been over impressed by the teaching ability of their teachers. They are very caring and willilng to go beyond the norm. Bells Ferry has great student events to get families involved. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted May 12, 2010

This school does a great job of creating a sense of community that the children carry with them when they leave. Academics are of utmost importance and a child will be challenged to their potential. They have the most wonderful music teacher. With the upcoming structural improvements being made, the school will shine on more than just the inside.

Posted April 21, 2010

Not satisfied with the diversity.

Posted April 20, 2010

the best elementry school i have ever found for my both kids.

Posted March 26, 2010

My daughter has been in this school for two years and this school has by far been one of the best i've enrolled her into. We relocated from another state and it was hard finding a school that could meet my expectation by providing great educaton, a variety of extracurricular activities (especially for after school program via reach for the stars program), safety, and the huge amount of voluntary parent particapation. This is a wonderful school and I'm glad I enrolled my child here.

Posted February 26, 2010

We love Bells Ferry! Our children are in Kindergarten and second grade and have only ever been treated with love and respect by the teachers and staff. Respectful children and involved parents are the majority in my experience so don't let the very few bad reviews make your school decision for you.

Posted January 16, 2009

My oldest daughter has been attending Bells Ferry Elementary School for three years now and I could not be more pleased with a public school. Her teachers have been wonderful, giving her personal attention and me regular updates on her progress. I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving into this area.

Posted August 15, 2008

My son will be attending 1st grade this year. Although I had my reservations about the school- I have come to realize that it is a wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated, there is great diversity in the school, and the parents are committed to the school and the children at Bells Ferry.

Posted August 13, 2008

I love Bells Ferry! They have a warm and open environment and the principal is even accessible to parents. My daughter is in a 'cottage' this year and I fully support this effort to keep classrooms to a reasonable teacher to child ratio. Vote Yes to SPLOST to enhance Cobb County (this includes schools).

Posted June 26, 2008

Bells Ferry is a great school. My son is going into the 1st grade and, due to the staff, students, and curriculum, his transition has been great. The staff is very experienced and most parents are very involved in their children s education.

Posted April 9, 2008

I have two children who attend first and second grades at this schol and I as well as the rest of my friends and neighbors are very pleased with it. The teachers are very careing and take each childs education and wellbeing very seriously. Combine that with all the latest teaching equipment and accesories and you end up with a wonderful environment for your child to learn and gain the necessary skills needed in todays academic world. Lets face it, schools gotten a lot harder then when we grew up!

Posted February 11, 2008

My daughter attends this school and I find the staff members very cooperative and they act quickly to resolve problems.

Posted February 3, 2008

This school has horrible teachers and princebals and... Trailers? Whats up with that? My daughter said every morning in the winter the trailers are freezing cold! if you move to this area do not move in the area of bells ferry!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

101 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

103 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

101 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

109 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian 14% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2600 Bells Ferry Rd