Marietta, GA

Bells Ferry Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
The school is ok I feel they want students to be perfect at all times I feel they push kids harder academically, which is good!!! Some of the teachers Need to understand certain kids environment are not all the same! Overall good school!

Bells Ferry Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
The teachers are great. However the principal elected to put my son on the bus because he was a dollar short on his ASP account. He attends ASP every day after school. No one ever spoke to me, and let me know they were sending him home on the bus. So in freezing cold weather they send my 3rd grader home with no one there (I was at work). They do have my work number, but failed to call and inform me. Thanks for caring about his safety and wellbeing.

Posted September 05, 2013
I can't say enough about how much I love this school and its faculty. The principle is very hands on and she seems to genuinely love her students. She is there to greet the kids in the morning and there to say goodbye at the end of the day. We did have a problem with one teacher, but the principle has an open door policy and was more than happy to discuss our situation. We identified the issue early, and in this case our child was moved to another class and we saw a great improvement. Sometimes teachers and students just don't mesh, and this was one of those times. The principle was actually apologetic that she "got it wrong" when selecting his teacher. His teacher this year is amazing. She is full of energy and understands that each child will learn in his or her own way. She finds ways to teach the children how to succeed in a way that is comfortable for them. My son didn't enjoy reading, and didn't seem to be getting it. This teacher spent her time looking for what would really pique his interest and tackled it from there. My son has seen a noticeable improvement in reading already this year. I will always remember the faculty at Bells Ferry! I love you guys!

Posted May 23, 2013
Bells Ferry Elementary was excellent in handling my son's special needs & late enrollment in Jan '13 after another school gave away my son's enrollment despite promising to "hold his spot" while my son had & recovered from 3 surgeries. Teacher & administration were amazingly proactive in pointing out special services we could use to help transition our son into school environment. Teacher was always quick to respond to concerns & inquiries via phone, emails, meetings, & texts. My concerns about my hyper child's inability to expend sufficient energy due to doctor's restrictions on activities resulted in a quick parent-teacher conference & some solutions that soon resulted in my child being happier with school & better behaved in classes. My kindergartner child ended the year with an award for personal success (for learning close to 200 sight words & improvements to writing). My child's grade k class had approximately 20 children with 1 teacher and 2 professional teaching assistants in attendance.

Posted February 26, 2013
I have 2 children that attend Bells Ferry and we love it! The teachers we've had have been amazing and I love the principle, Mrs. Starnes. You can tell she cares about her students and families! There was an incident when my oldest child was in Kindergarten, where another kindergartener was physically picking on my child on the bus. We submitted a concern to her teacher and the principle and it was handled immediately and thoroughly. I was very pleased. There has not been any more situations since then. And over all, I think the diversity at this school is wonderful. I can tell that the students in my childrens' classes strive for good grades. Also, there are no more trailers (my oldest child was in one for two years, and it was fine) and the new addition to the school is wonderful. Very pleased and I think anyone would be too!!!

Bells Ferry Elementary School 2

Posted June 19, 2010
I grew up in Marietta & moved back after years in Gordon County. I was so disappointed with this school. My daughter went from being an all "A" honor student to being told that she wasn't going to pass the CRCT (she exceeded in all catergories last year.) She had to be changed to another class mid-year & did much better after that. My son who was in Kindergarten had an incident with the teacher that caused the state to get involved. The kids at the school are very "street wise" & my kids learned much more from them than they did academically. I will say that the principal was very concerned & involved & handled things in a very professional manner but overall I'm very disappointed with this school. Looking to move back out of Cobb County.

Posted May 12, 2010
This school does a great job of creating a sense of community that the children carry with them when they leave. Academics are of utmost importance and a child will be challenged to their potential. They have the most wonderful music teacher. With the upcoming structural improvements being made, the school will shine on more than just the inside.

Bells Ferry Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2010
Not satisfied with the diversity.

Bells Ferry Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
the best elementry school i have ever found for my both kids.

Posted March 26, 2010
My daughter has been in this school for two years and this school has by far been one of the best i've enrolled her into. We relocated from another state and it was hard finding a school that could meet my expectation by providing great educaton, a variety of extracurricular activities (especially for after school program via reach for the stars program), safety, and the huge amount of voluntary parent particapation. This is a wonderful school and I'm glad I enrolled my child here.

Bells Ferry Elementary School
2600 Bells Ferry Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Bells Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bells Ferry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top