Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Bells Ferry Elementary School 5

Posted March 07, 2016
I have a 1st grader and a 4th grader at Bells Ferry. They transferred from another east cobb school this year and I love the fact that they too put an emphasis on the 7 habits. This isn't across the board with Cobb County schools but I think its a great tool for instilling these values at a young age. Both my kids, especially my 4th grader, have blossomed since coming to Bells Ferry. It was his first year and he jumped right in and joined Chorus (Mr Spiess and his chorus program are great and full of opportunities for the kids to go out and sing in the community) and the Lego League (which is such an awesome activity/club to provide. Mrs Bass is great!). I love that their teachers both expect excellence but also allow kids to be kids. They also provide great events thru the PTA. They had a movie night on the field for the kids and family not too long after school started and I just thought it was just a great out of the box idea to raise money for the school while providing a good time for everyone. The kids loved it. Kudos to Bells Ferry. I have absolutely no complaints about this school

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 07, 2016
I think by incorporating the 7 habits they are reinforcing these values on a daily basis.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 11, 2016
Mrs. Brenner and Mrs. Geiger are the best Kindergarten team in Cobb county. Maybe even the the whole state!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 11, 2016
I volunteer at the school a few times a month. I can see first hand what goes on during the day. Take a vacation day or call in sick and spend the day at the school with your child. you'll be glad you did.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted January 11, 2016
At first I thought it was too much, but now I wish he had more!

Develops grit: Agree

Posted January 11, 2016
Grit? that's a little weird. Reward the good behavior and you reap what you sow. The biggest challenge for my son is trying new things.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
Respect me and I will respect you! Respect me and I will respect you! Respect me and I will respect you!

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted January 11, 2016
Empathy is a hard thing to teach. If you don't have it by Kindergarten, it's a long road ahead to convince someone who feels neglected, that they are valued and by showing that love. That is how you teach others.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
It's all in the handbook and in the behavior feedback parents get EVERyDAY. It's up to the parents to reward / discipline based on that feedback from teachers!

Bells Ferry Elementary School 5

Posted January 11, 2016
Great School! Warm and Caring Staff. I chose this school based on it's 9/10 rating. I was not disappointed. I will do almost anything to stay in this school district. Good blend of diverse kids, and an experienced staff . Only complaints I have is the carpool traffic, but that's pretty typical and a DOT problem...and the times of some of the event make it hard for parents to attend (also typical)

2600 Bells Ferry Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Bells Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.