Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I have one Bells Ferry Alumni (K-5th), and another about to finish. The teachers and staff at this school are exceptional. I have spent many hours there as a volunteer, over our years, and have always felt welcome and appreciated. Whenever I've had questions or concerns, the administration has been quick to address them, and even follow up to be sure the issue was resolved. My kids are lucky to go to a neighborhood school like Bells Ferry.

I have a 1st grader and a 4th grader at Bells Ferry. They transferred from another east cobb school this year and I love the fact that they too put an emphasis on the 7 habits. This isn't across the board with Cobb County schools but I think its a great tool for instilling these values at a young age. Both my kids, especially my 4th grader, have blossomed since coming to Bells Ferry. It was his first year and he jumped right in and joined Chorus (Mr Spiess and his chorus program are great and full of opportunities for the kids to go out and sing in the community) and the Lego League (which is such an awesome activity/club to provide. Mrs Bass is great!). I love that their teachers both expect excellence but also allow kids to be kids. They also provide great events thru the PTA. They had a movie night on the field for the kids and family not too long after school started and I just thought it was just a great out of the box idea to raise money for the school while providing a good time for everyone. The kids loved it. Kudos to Bells Ferry. I have absolutely no complaints about this school

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think by incorporating the 7 habits they are reinforcing these values on a daily basis.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I volunteer at the school a few times a month. I can see first hand what goes on during the day. Take a vacation day or call in sick and spend the day at the school with your child. you'll be glad you did.

Amount of homework: Disagree

At first I thought it was too much, but now I wish he had more!

Develops character: Strongly agree

It's all in the handbook and in the behavior feedback parents get EVERyDAY. It's up to the parents to reward / discipline based on that feedback from teachers!

Great School! Warm and Caring Staff. I chose this school based on it's 9/10 rating. I was not disappointed. I will do almost anything to stay in this school district. Good blend of diverse kids, and an experienced staff . Only complaints I have is the carpool traffic, but that's pretty typical and a DOT problem...and the times of some of the event make it hard for parents to attend (also typical)

I am very happy with this school. My son comes home with lots of homework which by the way, that is a good thing. Spending time doing homework is way better than spending time with electronics. My son is in third grade. He tells me that his teacher is like a woman in the army. " you have to straightened out and fly right" or his behavior color will change from green to yellow, orange or red. I personally think that teachers at Bells Ferry are doing a "hell of a job" raising, providing proper education and disciplining my child. Why? Because I volunteer at school...I see and I know how hard they work to ensure their students are reaching their highest potential. I am very much INVOLVE with my child's education. I take at least two days a week and spend lunch time with him in the cafeteria. The only thing I am not happy about is that this year my son will only spend 3 months at Bells Ferry. He is transferring to another school outside Georgia. By the way, last year my son had an issue on the school bus on the way home. I went straight to the Principal that afternoon with a red face and ready to explode. The principal obtained information she needed from my son and I and "fixed" the problem right away. The event occurred on a Friday afternoon and the principal fixed it mid morning on Monday. I would highly recommend Bells Ferry Elementary School to anyone. I thank Bells Ferry for everything that they've done to my son.

The school is ok I feel they want students to be perfect at all times I feel they push kids harder academically, which is good!!! Some of the teachers Need to understand certain kids environment are not all the same! Overall good school!

The teachers are great. However the principal elected to put my son on the bus because he was a dollar short on his ASP account. He attends ASP every day after school. No one ever spoke to me, and let me know they were sending him home on the bus. So in freezing cold weather they send my 3rd grader home with no one there (I was at work). They do have my work number, but failed to call and inform me. Thanks for caring about his safety and wellbeing.

Last modified Bells Ferry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.