Marietta, GA

Posted May 17, 2015
A wonderful school with a cohesive group of teachers dedicated to each student! My daughter has enjoyed kindergarten.

Posted May 08, 2015
Have really enjoyed this school and the teachers and staff who give their all everyday! Our Gym teacher just got Cobb County Gym Teacher of the Year! If you feed into Simpson Middle and Lassiter High, you have hit the jackpot! Great schools too!

Posted May 08, 2015
Wonderful, caring staff. Students will be prepared for middle school. I was an involved parent at this school for 9 years. PTA is very strong. Great neighborhoods nearby.

Posted May 08, 2015
My daughter went to this school. I was a bit skeptical since I grew up in suburban New York and went to one of the highest rated schools in the entire country when I was a kid and I had heard that the quality of education in GA is not as good. Well, to my surprise, I actually think this school was better than the one I went to. My daughter finished well prepared for Middle School and I was amazed at how well they learned and how many truly great teachers and administration there were at that school.

Posted May 08, 2015
We sent three children to this school with two of them graduating into middle as of 2015; we all loved it. We live in the nearby Northampton subdivision, so it is tremendously close for walking to school, the bus or driving. There is a strong focus on academics and it feeds into a nationally top rated Middle School (Simpson) and the #6 high school in the state according to US News & World Report (Lassiter). Lots of good after school clubs, and they have a strong PTA. In two years from now, a new school will be built 1/4 mile down the road, so new technology will be more available than today.

Posted May 07, 2015
Great experience with this school. Awesome staff. Love the speech teachers at this school too. New building slated to break ground at end of year.

Mountain View Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2014
Great school and friendly teachers! My daughter has been there 2 years now and she loves it.I wish they would offer more clubs/sports for free but besides that my daughter and I have been happy.

Posted September 03, 2014
Excellent teachers, very friendly and helpful front office staff, superb and involved principal, very active PTA who ensure everyone is involved and communicated with if they want to be. Can't speak highly enough about the school. I have 2 children there and this is our 5th year in atttendance.

Posted August 02, 2013
My granddaughter is the 3rd generation to attend Mt. View. It has certainly changed from my day (the dinosaurs are no longer a problem at recess) and from my daughters years - they have changed the buildings around. But my granddaughter is very happy and seems to get the support she needs.

Mountain View Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2012
I have had 3 children at this school, and I have mostly been unhappy with it. While my kids have had some really great teachers in the last six years, I have been extremely frustrated with the school's emphasis on fund-raising (booster-thon, ugghh!), the administration's focus on policy over what's best for students, and the general feeling that this school is stuck in the 1950s. I've overhead teachers speaking very unkindly to students on many occasions, my kids have spent countless hours doing useless homework (worksheets, etc.), teachers appear to quit engaging kids by mid-March to practice for the CRCT (that's another story!), and the school lunch is pathetic (why are they selling flaming hot cheetos?!). The front office staff is friendly & the PTA is very involved, but I'm a public school teacher & I know that Mtn. View could do a better job providing a creative, engaging, welcoming environment. IMPORTANT NOTE: this school is divided between three high schools, which affects the sense of community here. The majority of kids live in North Hampton Subdivision (Lassiter)... the Sprayberry & Pope students/parents often feel left out. Other nearby schools are kept together.

Mountain View Elementary School
3448 Sandy Plains Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top