Mountain View Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2014
Great school and friendly teachers! My daughter has been there 2 years now and she loves it.I wish they would offer more clubs/sports for free but besides that my daughter and I have been happy.

Posted September 03, 2014
Excellent teachers, very friendly and helpful front office staff, superb and involved principal, very active PTA who ensure everyone is involved and communicated with if they want to be. Can't speak highly enough about the school. I have 2 children there and this is our 5th year in atttendance.

Posted August 02, 2013
My granddaughter is the 3rd generation to attend Mt. View. It has certainly changed from my day (the dinosaurs are no longer a problem at recess) and from my daughters years - they have changed the buildings around. But my granddaughter is very happy and seems to get the support she needs.

Mountain View Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2012
I have had 3 children at this school, and I have mostly been unhappy with it. While my kids have had some really great teachers in the last six years, I have been extremely frustrated with the school's emphasis on fund-raising (booster-thon, ugghh!), the administration's focus on policy over what's best for students, and the general feeling that this school is stuck in the 1950s. I've overhead teachers speaking very unkindly to students on many occasions, my kids have spent countless hours doing useless homework (worksheets, etc.), teachers appear to quit engaging kids by mid-March to practice for the CRCT (that's another story!), and the school lunch is pathetic (why are they selling flaming hot cheetos?!). The front office staff is friendly & the PTA is very involved, but I'm a public school teacher & I know that Mtn. View could do a better job providing a creative, engaging, welcoming environment. IMPORTANT NOTE: this school is divided between three high schools, which affects the sense of community here. The majority of kids live in North Hampton Subdivision (Lassiter)... the Sprayberry & Pope students/parents often feel left out. Other nearby schools are kept together.

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted August 13, 2009
I think Mountain View is a top notch school. The teachers are fantastic and the staff is caring. The building is older but the not lacking in facilities. The principal is tough but fair and I think she does wonderful job. I can't say enough good things about this school.

Posted October 01, 2008
This school is excellent but the building is small for the amount of students. They need to expand. My son loves it.

Posted August 26, 2008
Three of my kids are going to this school. We moved them from a private school.Its a wonderful school and my kids are really happy here.

Mountain View Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2007
Mountain View Elementary is a great school with excellent leadership, fantastic teachers and phenomenal parent support. The school just started a parent foundation to support the school above and beyond funds provided by the PTA and the County.

Mountain View Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2007
This is my daughter's second year at Mountain View and I truly believe in the educational environment that are providing. The teachers are truly top-notch.

Mountain View Elementary School
3448 Sandy Plains Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top