Daniell Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted December 7, 2013

Our Principal is the Best!!! We are so proud of you Mr. Nelson and so happy to have you as our Principal!! Thanks for everything you do for our kids, our school, our parents!!!!

Posted July 28, 2013

I am going to be a new student at JJ Daniell MS and I can't wait to learn about the school and join some of there activities in 6th grade.

Posted May 8, 2013

My family is pleased with JJ Daniell MS. I have an 8th grader and a 6th grader at the school currently. They both have had exceptional experience at the School. They have had an opportunity to take Advanced Classes and have excelled. The administration is tops and Mr. Nelson, school Principal, is dynamic and outstanding. We have had a wonderful three years with my 8th grader and I am sure my 6th grader will follow in that path. Go to the school speak to the parents, kids, PTSA and the administration you will me amazed.

Posted May 7, 2013

Daniell has provided a wonderful learning environment for my 7th-grade daughter. We came from a private school environment that was solid academically, but could not address social development for any of its students. The teaching staff at Daniell have been exactly what we were looking for, and kudos to the principal for setting the tone for his school. His hands on involvement shows leadership by example. As for the reviewers who have experienced bullying, we had that at our very expensive private school, too. When we started to experience that here at Daniell, we immediately met with the administration to document the problems. All has been resolved to our satisfaction, so maybe the previous reviewers made a positive impact on the policies.

Posted October 29, 2012

I love the school the principal, staff and PTSA Rocks. I am a very proud parent and am actively involved with the school. This is home to my children and they are doing extremely well.

Posted October 10, 2012

Mr.Nelson is a great PRINCIPLE and i been a student in daniell seens 6th grade so i been there for 3 years and there's nothing wrong with the school , they have AMAZING teacher that will help you with anything IF your child will ask them , and if your child did good in elementary but some reason make mad grades in middle school its problem because your child not ask FOR HELP .So DON'T blame the school or tell people to not send your child there because that not right.To be honest there been i instant because of drugs but now the jj daniell staff work so hard to clean up the school and there's no more in the school and its CLEAN and SAFE for your child to go JJ Daniell rating should be a 8 or 9 .

Posted July 7, 2012

My son just finished his 6th grade year at Daniell. After hearing so much about the school's difficult history, I began attending School Council meetings (open to the public) before he even started there! I was very involved with the PTSA and established open communication with his teachers. He had a GREAT year at Daniell! His teachers were, for the most part, responsive and encouraging. It is middle school -- a hard age to be and a hard age to teach, no matter what school. All middle schoolers are exposed to bad language and bad choices; kids with good character know what choices to make for themselves. The issues we had we would have had at any other public middle school; we found the administration to be accessible and largely responsive. Our family truly appreciates the efforts made by the good teachers and staff at Daniell and we look forward to five more years together.

Posted June 22, 2012

My experience at this school has been horrible. My son was a straight A student for his entire elementary years. After 2 months of attending Daniell, there was a significant change in his grades. My son's entire year at Daniell, he was subjected to bullying. Violent bullying and psychological. The teachers and admin were not able to do anything. My son was not in a safe learning environment at all. Because of the bullying that is "allowed" at this school, I now have to go out of my way to drive my son to school 20 minutes away. The answer the admin gave me at the end of the year ..."sorry this is happening to you". They allow the bullies to win. I absolutely am disappointed in this school and district in the handling of the bully situations. They are "no place for hate" school. What a joke that is!!

Posted January 27, 2012

My experience with Daniell Middle School has been horrible for the last 2 years that I've had my kids enrolled there. The school is always having to be checked for drugs, by the canine unit for one. And my oldest daughter started picking up mouthy habits from the other kids there, after seeing how they talk to and disrespect the adults there. And my middle daughter has been victim to violent bullying, and harrasment for 2 years, at school, on the bus, and walking home from the bus. It is so bad that I have to constantly involve the police, because the Adminstration there, lack either compassion or knowhow, to resolve the sittuation. If you can avoid it, I would advise not sending your child to this school.

Posted March 30, 2010

great schhool i love it theres no were else i would like to go not like the other schools

Posted May 12, 2009

As a parent of an 8th grader at Daniell have been so blessed to have sent my child here. The teachers and staff are very caring and encouraging torwards their students. I have been thrilled of the success of my child during the last 3 years. I feel confident that my child will be able to go on to high school and face the challenges ahead because Daniell has prepared us. Any parent can be proud to send their student here. The principal is amazing. I can not say enough about everyone there. We will miss being there next year.

Posted April 5, 2009

I think J.J. Daniel is a wonderful school I go there and everyone is so nice and cheerful they make you feel welcome! And I am also in the band program and I think the band directors think the 6th grade band is the best because they gave us this very challenging music and we learned it in about 2 to 3 days, and they challened and we succeded

Posted August 12, 2008

The band program at J. J. Daniel ROCKS! This was just one of the great learning expriences my daughter had during her three years at the school.

Posted July 4, 2008

The school has improved tremendouly. I wish they would more extra activies for the children.

Posted May 19, 2008

The school is great! The principle expecially is amazing! The teachers as well. The only downside is that there not very challenging.

Posted January 11, 2005

this is a wonderful school. I have had 2 children move on and 2 still enrolled. The teachers work very hard to bring variety in their education. They have an awesome music program with chorus, orchestra and band. They have an exceptional drama program as well. Several activities for your child to enjoy. All of my children were honor roll students and the learning was rich and full. Any problems or concerns I had with student learning was handled immediately by teachers and counselor. The group of teachers really care about your child.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 92% in 2013.

329 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

326 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 96% in 2013.

316 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

333 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

333 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 93% in 2013.

297 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

295 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 95% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 85% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

330 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

330 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 97% in 2013.

329 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

335 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

335 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 82% in 2012.

336 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 3%

Arts & music

Music
  • Choir / Chorus

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Choir / Chorus

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2900 Scott Rd