Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted September 15, 2015
We specifically chose this school for our daughter. We intentionally moved out of the Mabry/Lassiter zone (after 12 years and sending 1 daughter through those ranks) and into the Daniell/Sprayberry zone. MANY people have questioned our decision to move into what is considered by most a "lesser" school. And they're right! Less clique-ish, less elitist, less judgmental, less materialistic, less exclusionary. MORE accepting of cultural differences, more acknowledgement and appreciation of individuality, more inclusive, more culturally diverse, more real world, more designed to operate like a high school environment, more opportunity to explore alternatives to college track, more hands on STEM opportunities - have you ever watched a 3-D printer do it's magic? - more opportunities for self-described nerds to feel at home. Principal Nelson and every single teacher or counselor we've encountered have ALL been extraordinarily helpful in helping us assimilate our IEP kid into our newly chosen "tribe". We couldn't be more proud of this school, this administration and this tribe of teachers. So happy we made the choice to give our daughter the opportunity to be accepted just as she is - geek and all!

Posted December 07, 2013
Our Principal is the Best!!! We are so proud of you Mr. Nelson and so happy to have you as our Principal!! Thanks for everything you do for our kids, our school, our parents!!!!

Posted July 28, 2013
I am going to be a new student at JJ Daniell MS and I can't wait to learn about the school and join some of there activities in 6th grade.

Posted May 08, 2013
My family is pleased with JJ Daniell MS. I have an 8th grader and a 6th grader at the school currently. They both have had exceptional experience at the School. They have had an opportunity to take Advanced Classes and have excelled. The administration is tops and Mr. Nelson, school Principal, is dynamic and outstanding. We have had a wonderful three years with my 8th grader and I am sure my 6th grader will follow in that path. Go to the school speak to the parents, kids, PTSA and the administration you will me amazed.

Posted May 07, 2013
Daniell has provided a wonderful learning environment for my 7th-grade daughter. We came from a private school environment that was solid academically, but could not address social development for any of its students. The teaching staff at Daniell have been exactly what we were looking for, and kudos to the principal for setting the tone for his school. His hands on involvement shows leadership by example. As for the reviewers who have experienced bullying, we had that at our very expensive private school, too. When we started to experience that here at Daniell, we immediately met with the administration to document the problems. All has been resolved to our satisfaction, so maybe the previous reviewers made a positive impact on the policies.

Posted March 21, 2013
I am a 6th grader at this amazing school. My teachers are all extremely tough but nice in the same way. I am in the AC program and have been keeping my 3rd consecutive years of strait As. Daniell has helped me grow academically and socially.

Posted October 29, 2012
I love the school the principal, staff and PTSA Rocks. I am a very proud parent and am actively involved with the school. This is home to my children and they are doing extremely well.

Posted October 10, 2012
Mr.Nelson is a great PRINCIPLE and i been a student in daniell seens 6th grade so i been there for 3 years and there's nothing wrong with the school , they have AMAZING teacher that will help you with anything IF your child will ask them , and if your child did good in elementary but some reason make mad grades in middle school its problem because your child not ask FOR HELP .So DON'T blame the school or tell people to not send your child there because that not right.To be honest there been i instant because of drugs but now the jj daniell staff work so hard to clean up the school and there's no more in the school and its CLEAN and SAFE for your child to go JJ Daniell rating should be a 8 or 9 .

Posted July 07, 2012
My son just finished his 6th grade year at Daniell. After hearing so much about the school's difficult history, I began attending School Council meetings (open to the public) before he even started there! I was very involved with the PTSA and established open communication with his teachers. He had a GREAT year at Daniell! His teachers were, for the most part, responsive and encouraging. It is middle school -- a hard age to be and a hard age to teach, no matter what school. All middle schoolers are exposed to bad language and bad choices; kids with good character know what choices to make for themselves. The issues we had we would have had at any other public middle school; we found the administration to be accessible and largely responsive. Our family truly appreciates the efforts made by the good teachers and staff at Daniell and we look forward to five more years together.

Daniell Middle School 1

Posted June 22, 2012
My experience at this school has been horrible. My son was a straight A student for his entire elementary years. After 2 months of attending Daniell, there was a significant change in his grades. My son's entire year at Daniell, he was subjected to bullying. Violent bullying and psychological. The teachers and admin were not able to do anything. My son was not in a safe learning environment at all. Because of the bullying that is "allowed" at this school, I now have to go out of my way to drive my son to school 20 minutes away. The answer the admin gave me at the end of the year ..."sorry this is happening to you". They allow the bullies to win. I absolutely am disappointed in this school and district in the handling of the bully situations. They are "no place for hate" school. What a joke that is!!

Daniell Middle School
2900 Scott Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Daniell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.