Bad
Good

I have watched my daughter blossom from someone on the verge of slipping into depression at a "home" school with, theoretically, fantastic numbers to a happy girl getting the grades her EOTCs were saying she should be getting, without breaking a sweat. Her teachers were very supportive, to the point where she was one of the ones who made it on the news trying to keep the school open, to no avail. However, she graduated from the Digital Academy because she didn't want to leave Oakwood, even though that meant I had to drive across county every day. She adores Oakwood, and she's not alone. It's got a great "feel" to it from all involved.

I was a student at Oakwood.. I loved it. People there are more relaxed, & laid back. The teachers there, also, are amazing! & Soo supportive. Mr. Devault was the one teacher who kept me going and made sure I graduated.. He helped me in so many ways, even so I graduated somewhat early! I was on the verge of dropping out & getting my G.E.D. Thank god I didn't! I've met some of the most amazing people there that I probably wouldn't have met if I didn't start class there.

After three other high schools and on the verge of dropping out, Oakwood was my perfect fit. The unique structure and responsibility was just what I needed. I graduated in 2001, completed college and this year I will begin graduate school at Tulane University studying Social Work and Public Health. I cannot say enough about Oakwood high school. The fantastic people there deserve so much credit. Oakwood truly is an amazing, sometimes life-saving place to be.

I graduated from Oakwood in 1995. I am now the mother of an eight year old and a graduate of Kennesaw State University. My degree is in education and I have spent the last two years of college periodically substitute teaching at Oakwood. I love this school! Teachers are relaxed, students feel safe, and goals are met. Had I not gone to Oakwood when I did I probably would not have graduated. Now I have a college education.

Last modified Oakwood Digital Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12