Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Develops character: Neutral

The teachers attempt to do this but is often the administration has other ideas, especially when it comes to positive changes for the benefit of the students.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Instead of fighting for the rights of their students, and for the students to be treated as kids they back their teachers even if they're the one in the wrong.

My daughter started Kindergarten here at Milford this year, Her teachers are excellent. Ms Herring is Fantastic! Teacher and parent communication is great, I love that she has an agenda diary where the teachers and I can communicate with each other through notes. I know exactly what is going on in her class every day. I love that she does get a small amount of homework every now and then. she has learned a lot here this year. The staff I have met in person are very welcoming and genuinely nice, the front office staff and from the morning drop off to the after school pickup. Initially I was doing everything in my power so that she wouldn't have to go to Milford due to the ratings but I'm glad I gave it a chance. I have had no problems with the school or the teachers. My daughter enjoys going to this school everyday. she loves her teachers and has a great time learning. Its sad that the ratings aren't so good but it seems like the bad reviews are pretty dated and some positive comments weren't rated at all. My advice is to just give it a go and if you don't like it, find another school. At the end of the day its about how happy your child is and how much they enjoy attending and learning at the school.

priority list again after being on it last year -there needs to be a change in leadership

This year, the school was placed on Alert status. The Principal is a poor leader. She recently forced out her male Assistant Principal who was a good leader. She kept her previous Assistant, a female, on a Professional Development Plan (PDP) until she retired. The new Assistant is a toady. The front office is not friendly. The staff is generally good, but morale is poor under the current Administration and getting worse as the Principal increasingly resorts to intimidation and micromanagement to control the staff.

I am an involved mother/parent @ Milford ES since 2003. I am a PTA officer and Milford is a great school with excellent students. The school just need better leadership that is open minded and knows how to deal with the different demographics of the school and community. We will have a new principal in the coming year and it is our hope that she will be very experienced in this and other areas when it comes to making Milford a happy, fun, loving, and positive home away from home for all of us. Especially, the children/students!

Milford is a great school the teacher are great . my son has only one year left and we feel like the school was the best . thanks to Mr. smith , Mrs .shafer, Mrs. hood,Mrs. martin. my soon has a great time in your class and he learn so much.

My son started (K) in cherokee county, mid year I moved to cobb county & like others I was worried about if this new school would be anything like the other. Now I have 2 at milford & I love the school as much as they do! The staff is great & the schools cirriculum is great too. When we buy a house at the end of 2008, my children & me will miss milford :C

I am looking for a good school for my son, he goes to bellmount hills and i have to say that it is not the best of school.To have a factity staff that don't which end is up makes me uneasy.So I hope I make the right choices..

My son attended this school and loved it he still wishes he was back there, Mrs.Burns was the greates teacher he has ever had, if you reading this mrs.burns thank you for you support,as for the october 3 2007 comment are you sure your in the right school? you spelled milford wrong twice with milton....

Last modified Milford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.