Bad
Good

Our daughter is now fifth and final grade at Davis. Every year she had great teachers and mentors, not a word I would say against it. Many parents are envolved and help with PTA and other activities. She had achieved much more than we expected, love her teachers and administrative staff. As of first grade she was recognized for "Target" classes , with as immigrant we did not even know what is it about. Teachers are great to coach and mentor, but I think many parents expect teachers to do parenting job as well. You need definitely to be involved in your kid homework, projects Etc...just understand your kid is not the only one and everything will be just fine ... Hope we will have as great experience in Middle and high schools in this neighborhood.

We moved here several years ago to move to better schools. I, too, am very disappointed. We LOVE the teachers and the committed group of parents of the school, but the principal needs to retire. She allows laws pertaining to special educational matters to be blatantly broken and has a very lackadaisical approach to running the school. I don't know if breaking the law is a result of ignorance or self-righteousness. I know of many families that have elected to send their children to private school until she leaves. If you have a special needs child, be prepared to hire a lawyer!

This school does not seems to want Special Needs kids in the school. They do not do enough for the Special Needs kids. Very disappointed in Dr. Mobley's performance. She cares about test scores - not our children

Both my kids go to Davis and my oldest is in the fifth grade. She has been in Davis since Kindergarten. The administration is very good and the teachers are excellent. The PTA and foundation are quite active and supplement the enrichment of the children. I highly recommend Davis!

I'm very impressed with quality of teachers, caring environment and parent participation. Also, it is a smaller elementary school and creating a better community.

We have a student for 4th year now in Davis, Very good teacher /student rashio. Davis PTA and Davis foundation helped in reaching financial goals to support where cuts comes in school system.Excelent faculty/staff and very good correspondence with teachers in real time.It would be even greater if some parents would help their kids at home not just relay on teaching in school. Teachers are great assets and nothing but great words about all of them!!! Go Davis !!!

Do NOT send your child to this school! The administration is cold and has no idea how to lead. The teachers who care are bullied into bad decisions by the ones who are too lazy to do their jobs but have seniority. Even the after school activities are a joke. They only allow a few children in anything rather than making room for those who are interested. We chose our house because of the good ratings, what a mistake that was. We will be applying for school of choice or doing private next year. Our children are too valuable to be left in this school.

So disappointed in Dr. Mobley's performance. She cares about test scores - not our children. The teachers, on the other hand, are fabulous! Thank heavens for them.

My two children attend Davis and I love the staff and the parents that help keep this school as successful as it is!

We've been very impressed with the quality of the teachers in the school and how they challenge children in the work they do. It's great that kids are not only asked to answer a question on a worksheet but to explore the different ways that they can obtain an answer. Awesome school, PTA, Foundation, Target and Special Ed programs!

Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.