Davis Elementary School 3

Posted August 04, 2014
We moved here several years ago to move to better schools. I, too, am very disappointed. We LOVE the teachers and the committed group of parents of the school, but the principal needs to retire. She allows laws pertaining to special educational matters to be blatantly broken and has a very lackadaisical approach to running the school. I don't know if breaking the law is a result of ignorance or self-righteousness. I know of many families that have elected to send their children to private school until she leaves. If you have a special needs child, be prepared to hire a lawyer!

Davis Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
This school does not seems to want Special Needs kids in the school. They do not do enough for the Special Needs kids. Very disappointed in Dr. Mobley's performance. She cares about test scores - not our children

Posted March 26, 2014
Both my kids go to Davis and my oldest is in the fifth grade. She has been in Davis since Kindergarten. The administration is very good and the teachers are excellent. The PTA and foundation are quite active and supplement the enrichment of the children. I highly recommend Davis!

Posted August 21, 2013
We have a student for 4th year now in Davis, Very good teacher /student rashio. Davis PTA and Davis foundation helped in reaching financial goals to support where cuts comes in school system.Excelent faculty/staff and very good correspondence with teachers in real time.It would be even greater if some parents would help their kids at home not just relay on teaching in school. Teachers are great assets and nothing but great words about all of them!!! Go Davis !!!

Davis Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2013
Do NOT send your child to this school! The administration is cold and has no idea how to lead. The teachers who care are bullied into bad decisions by the ones who are too lazy to do their jobs but have seniority. Even the after school activities are a joke. They only allow a few children in anything rather than making room for those who are interested. We chose our house because of the good ratings, what a mistake that was. We will be applying for school of choice or doing private next year. Our children are too valuable to be left in this school.

Davis Elementary School 3

Posted October 28, 2012
So disappointed in Dr. Mobley's performance. She cares about test scores - not our children. The teachers, on the other hand, are fabulous! Thank heavens for them.

Posted January 27, 2011
My two children attend Davis and I love the staff and the parents that help keep this school as successful as it is!

Posted December 09, 2010
We've been very impressed with the quality of the teachers in the school and how they challenge children in the work they do. It's great that kids are not only asked to answer a question on a worksheet but to explore the different ways that they can obtain an answer. Awesome school, PTA, Foundation, Target and Special Ed programs!

Posted September 26, 2009
My dd just started K and she's loving it. Her teacher is very nice and able to get her involved in class. PTA is great, the non-traditional fund raising is a big relief for the parents. Not much extracurricular activities is a minor setback but all and all it's a great school

Davis Elementary School 0

Posted July 15, 2009
I have two kids at this School and I love the Staff. My kids love the School as well.

Davis Elementary School
2433 Jamerson Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top