Posted August 18, 2014
Dowell Elementary is a wonderful school with caring teachers and efficient Administrators. My son graduated from Dowell in 2011 and he is now a Freshman a one of the Magnet High School. My daughter now attends the 2nd grade and she is reading on the 4th grade level and she participates in the gifted program -Target.

Posted June 23, 2014
We have two children at Dowell. One going into 3rd grade and the other going into 1st grade. They have both had wonderful, caring teachers. All the teachers at Dowell seem very committed to the kids. After reading some of the other reviews I want to comment that yes, there is a lot of homework, but this is no different than at other schools. As parents, we know that we have to be involved... Whether it is helping our children with their homework or volunteering at school. This way, I am aware of what my children are doing and learning at school. Dowell is a very diverse school for the demographics of the children, but this has not been a problem with the learning environment in the classroom. I highly recommend Dowell Elementary.

Dowell Elementary School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
I have a 4 grader attending Dowell Elementary. My child teacher last year, 2012 - 2013, was terrible.

Dowell Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2013
I agree this school gives homework so the parents can teach the kids for them. The kids have no clue how to do it and they give you nothing to go on. Worst school ever!My child is going to forth grade and has had 1 yes 1 good teacher. Very low quality teachers! They are very rude, unhelpful, and childlike!

Dowell Elementary School 2

Posted November 29, 2012
Very little thought is given when assigned homework. It's printed out from the internet, copied, and send home, apparently without reviewing it. I've found several mistakes. In addition, very little communication is given as to what is being covered in the classroom.

Posted August 16, 2012
I have 3 kids. One has now moved to middle school and the other 2 are still going to Dowell. This school has been great for all three of them. The principal is very good. She is always able to speak directly to me if needed. The PTA is very involved and devoted. I also have had wonderful teachers. One of my kids has ADHD and they are very supportive. He has done great. I have had a total of 6 years with this school. I would say things were good before the new principal but, are wonderful now. I feel as a paret she brought more order and the kids still get the fun feel however.

Posted May 17, 2011
My son has attended this school pre-k and all 5 years and I find this school to be outstanding the teachers and staff speech teachers ect... are off the chart! Counselors who care and treat the children with respect. We will miss this school and to me it is the best school in the area...So Thanks so much for all you do... AT a parent

Dowell Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
My son's kindergarten year was wonderful, both for him and myself. I was very concerned about how he would handle his first year, but I needn't have worried. His teachers were great, their care for my son was genuine and he grew tremendously both socially and emotionally in this nurturing environment. For those who say they never saw the principal, it is very hard to believe. at least three time a week she greeted students as they entered the building, she was always available if I had a concern. The teachers I met on a daily basis were always welcoming, approachable and professional. I am very proud of Dowell Elementary and hope the hard work the teachers and staff have put forth will reflect in their students. Well done and keep up the good work.

Posted May 02, 2010
I give this school a five-star rating. Our son is currently in Kindergarten at Dowell Elementary. There are two teachers for 17 students! They are both excellent! Our son's reading level went from not being able to read to a third grade level in just the first few months of school. His teachers brought in help from the higher grades so our son continued to be challenged in reading. I love their open door policy. We are always welcome into the classroom and my husband has been involved in the 3D All Pro Dad's program. He was spent several full days up at the school helping out in the classroom. I love the teaching methods - hands on and they work in teams. They even have computer lab time! They cover an extensive amount of work in Kindergarten: reading, math, social sciences, health, etc.. They get a five-star rating from me.

Dowell Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
I think Dowell is one of the best schools that I have encountered. What other school teachers devote their saturdays to help the children with reading and math. Yes their is a language barrier, but I commend the teachers for going the extra mile to help the students bring up their grades. My son only speaks English and he gets just as much attention and care as all the students. Thank you staff fo spending so much time for making sure he has a great experience.

Dowell Elementary School
2121 W Sandtown Rd SW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Dowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dowell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top