Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 01, 2015
The experience we've had at Shallowford Falls is one every elementary-aged child and family should have. This is a wonderful school that truly has a sense of community I have not seen elsewhere, across many years and many states (myself a former educator and part of a military family who have lived all over the US). Every staff member and teacher genuinely welcomed my child from Day 1, an easy transition for her despite starting Kindergarten partway through the school year due to a move from out of state. The amount of growth and learning my daughter achieved was amazing! The teachers all have exciting, memorable ways for kids to learn and retain new skills. There are many opportunities to volunteer and spend extra time with your child during school hours and evenings. If you treat education as important and value your students, you see that reflected in them. I could go on and on, but suffice to say Shallowford Falls has been a huge blessing in my daughter's life.

Posted July 14, 2014
AMAZING SCHOOL! Principal, teachers and staff are very attentive. The quality of education is second to none. Children feel safe and are encouraged to participate in all activities. My daughter excelled in this environment. This school is as good, if not better than, any private school.

Posted June 25, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers always pay attention on every little things in class. The school located in a great community.

Posted February 03, 2014
I love this school! The teachers and everyone in the office have been very helpful and friendly. My husband and I always feel like there care about our son. Our teachers the past two years have just amazed us at how well they keep us informed and involved. We are so happy we moved to East Cobb and Shallowford Falls!

Posted January 25, 2014
This is our first year at Shallowford Falls. My two sons are excelling in every aspect of their education. Both teachers are caring and empathetic and clearly love what they do. The school is beautiful and the faculty and staff have all been extremely pleasant and helpful in all my interactions with them. Teachers and staff members who I don't recall meeting all know who the boys are and the school has a close knit community feel. The activities are so abundant that we couldn't begin to attend even half of them and the parents involvement is something I have never witnessed prior to coming here. I can't say enough - wonderful experience thus far. I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

Shallowford Falls Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2013
We do not teachers who spend all their time on blogs.We want them to pay attention to the children in the classroom and notice what is going on and be engaged with these wonderful children who are all individuals.

Posted September 08, 2013
Shallowford is a great school. I am very please with the various after school activities, learning opportunities, professionalism among teachers and administration.

Posted May 16, 2013
Excellent!!! I couldn't be happier with the education that my kids are receiving at Shallowford Falls Elementary!!

Posted June 24, 2012
I was bummed when we started here in K. My son is very gifted which we have known about since he was 3. It was recommended to us by professionals to send him to the Walker School. We did not want to pay those prices and I had heard great things about Shallowford Falls so we decided to try it. I expected to find it lacking but we have had a great experience here. He has had great teachers that have given him the extra attention and work he needs. He is in the Target program which seems to be good so far. Parental involvement is very high. I love that it is a small school. I am impressed that other teachers who have not had my son in class know him by name and there are days when he tells me the principal had conversations with him at recess about what he was working on. The front desk staff is always friendly and parents are always welcome in this school. The only cons would be that Spanish is not part of the regular class time, only as an after school option, and that science is only every other week for the lower grades (but science teacher is paid for by the foundation.) Overall a wonderful school. The small size makes it truly a gem in the East Cobb School system.

Shallowford Falls Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2012
This school is a very nice suburban school. I am the parent of a child soon to finish K. My feeling so far is that this school, like all other public schools in this area rated 10, does the most that can be done within a state-mandated, federal-rules driven environment. There are minimum standards, there is teaching to the lowest-common denominator too, just like in any public school. Don't think that just because this school is in East Cobb and is rated 10 (like all others around here), it will have a Westminster-type curriculum, environment and standards. It is a good public school. I am pleased that we have experienced no bullying episodes with a child that we think is somewhat prone to being bullied. But then again, this is just K. Otherwise, all good - nothing that needs critique. I give it 5 stars for a public school.

Shallowford Falls Elementary School
3529 Lassiter Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Shallowford Falls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.