Posted July 14, 2014
AMAZING SCHOOL! Principal, teachers and staff are very attentive. The quality of education is second to none. Children feel safe and are encouraged to participate in all activities. My daughter excelled in this environment. This school is as good, if not better than, any private school.

Posted June 25, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers always pay attention on every little things in class. The school located in a great community.

Posted February 03, 2014
I love this school! The teachers and everyone in the office have been very helpful and friendly. My husband and I always feel like there care about our son. Our teachers the past two years have just amazed us at how well they keep us informed and involved. We are so happy we moved to East Cobb and Shallowford Falls!

Posted January 25, 2014
This is our first year at Shallowford Falls. My two sons are excelling in every aspect of their education. Both teachers are caring and empathetic and clearly love what they do. The school is beautiful and the faculty and staff have all been extremely pleasant and helpful in all my interactions with them. Teachers and staff members who I don't recall meeting all know who the boys are and the school has a close knit community feel. The activities are so abundant that we couldn't begin to attend even half of them and the parents involvement is something I have never witnessed prior to coming here. I can't say enough - wonderful experience thus far. I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

Shallowford Falls Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2013
We do not teachers who spend all their time on blogs.We want them to pay attention to the children in the classroom and notice what is going on and be engaged with these wonderful children who are all individuals.

Posted September 08, 2013
Shallowford is a great school. I am very please with the various after school activities, learning opportunities, professionalism among teachers and administration.

Posted May 16, 2013
Excellent!!! I couldn't be happier with the education that my kids are receiving at Shallowford Falls Elementary!!

Posted June 24, 2012
I was bummed when we started here in K. My son is very gifted which we have known about since he was 3. It was recommended to us by professionals to send him to the Walker School. We did not want to pay those prices and I had heard great things about Shallowford Falls so we decided to try it. I expected to find it lacking but we have had a great experience here. He has had great teachers that have given him the extra attention and work he needs. He is in the Target program which seems to be good so far. Parental involvement is very high. I love that it is a small school. I am impressed that other teachers who have not had my son in class know him by name and there are days when he tells me the principal had conversations with him at recess about what he was working on. The front desk staff is always friendly and parents are always welcome in this school. The only cons would be that Spanish is not part of the regular class time, only as an after school option, and that science is only every other week for the lower grades (but science teacher is paid for by the foundation.) Overall a wonderful school. The small size makes it truly a gem in the East Cobb School system.

Shallowford Falls Elementary School 3

Posted January 18, 2012
Shallowford Falls does not impress me. The teachers seem tired and lack the smiles that should be pervasive in an elementary school. The focus on AR reading is too much, taking authenticity and intrinsic love of reading away from students. Where I think a school should be humming with kid sounds, this one is quiet. Newsletters are inconsistent from the teacher, school and PTA. I have no opportunities to volunteer in the classroom, only at big events such as the book fair. My son has learned, yes. But he is uninspired by this test-score focused learning. My daughter became a well behaved wall flower, timid and forgotten I have seen kid-centered, vibrant, healthy schools. This one has not impressed me on that level. Their test scores are great, but that is about it.

Shallowford Falls Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2011
I love Shallowford Falls Elementary School. It was a great fit for everyone and the teachers there are wonderful and very nice. One thing that I didn't like about it was that the only way to go to the nurse if you have thrown up or need medical attention right then. Kids who went and who have high tempatures but not running a fever would be sent back with no question at all. I love this school but I feel that they could improve on that.

Shallowford Falls Elementary School
3529 Lassiter Rd, Marietta, GA  30062
Last modified Shallowford Falls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shallowford Falls Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top