Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We love Nicholson! This is our first year, my daughter came from a private Kindergarten . The teachers and staff are great, easy to talk to and very accommodating . There are various fun activities for the family where the teachers are so involved, and its great to meet them in a different setting outside of the classroom as well. This school has the hardest working PTA officers! Nicholson Elementary is a hidden gem of East Cobb. There area around the school is great as well, plenty of green space, even a walking track, not too much traffic and there is a great community surrounding and supporting the school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

IN my experience the therapists in school responded quickly to our requests

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has an Anti-bullying campaign and executes the strategies to achieve this goal very well

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They have great teachers in the school, my child is excelling in school

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework has never been an issue for my child. Her teachers gives her just the right amount to do throughout the week, mostly focus on reading and problem solving and so it is not a burden at all!

I absolutely LOVE Nicholson. My oldest has been there for 2 years now and absolutely wouldn't want to be any where else. Her teachers have been wonderful and she is flourishing educationally, despite some focus/attention issues. It is fantastic that there is so much diversity, and not like the rest of the East Cobb "bubble". I also love the fact that everyone seems knows all the kids, since the school is smaller than most in our area. The staff is wonderful too, they really care about their "Stars" and it shows. I think the low reviews may stem from the fact that most the families at Nicholson (IMO) seem to be single parent or dual income families. So the parental involvement is not as high as other East Cobb schools. But we still LOVE it here.

Overall, I believe Nicholson is a good school. This is our second year here and my child loves school. As a parent there were some things that concerned me and I am always pro teacher but just because I am pro teacher doesn't mean that I will not have an opinion or question certain methods of the teachers that are implemented with my child. Well I am an involved parent and I guess that caused problems when I begin to question the "preferred teacher" of that particular grade. I could definitely tell that she did not care for me by the end of the school year which is okay I am not not there for you to like me but to provide my child with the best learning experience during those hours. Overall, I thought the teacher was a good teacher but she was a loud mouth, talk over you, know it all kind of teacher. Well here we are back to school and after talking to old parents apparently all of their children were grouped with the "preferred teacher" for this particular grade. I am excited about the new school year and working with the new teacher and watching my child make new friends and excelling no matter which teacher we have or what children she is placed with because what the counselor and teachers thought were a get back we will use to our good and excel in spite of =) . Also, let me just note that the "preferred teacher" for this grade class is full which means she can keep the cute, well behaved preferred kids and when or if a new child transfers to the school more than likely she will not be able to have a new kid because her class is full =)

Develops character: Neutral

It depends on if you are the preferred parent and whether you work as a staff in the school.

Nicholson is a fantastic school. I have a 2nd grader and Kindergartener and every time I walk into the school I am greeted so warmly by the staff, I really feel treated practically like family. The teachers genuinely care about the students' success. My kids love it here. We don't want to move because of Nicholson!

I love this school. My son is in his 3rd year at Nicholson and is in the 2nd grade. He has learned a lot, and they offer fabulous after school enrichment programs as well. I have been impressed with all of his teachers as well as the administrative staff; they are always willing to help or answer any questions I have.

Last modified Nicholson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.