Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I absolutely LOVE Nicholson. My oldest has been there for 2 years now and absolutely wouldn't want to be any where else. Her teachers have been wonderful and she is flourishing educationally, despite some focus/attention issues. It is fantastic that there is so much diversity, and not like the rest of the East Cobb "bubble". I also love the fact that everyone seems knows all the kids, since the school is smaller than most in our area. The staff is wonderful too, they really care about their "Stars" and it shows. I think the low reviews may stem from the fact that most the families at Nicholson (IMO) seem to be single parent or dual income families. So the parental involvement is not as high as other East Cobb schools. But we still LOVE it here.

Overall, I believe Nicholson is a good school. This is our second year here and my child loves school. As a parent there were some things that concerned me and I am always pro teacher but just because I am pro teacher doesn't mean that I will not have an opinion or question certain methods of the teachers that are implemented with my child. Well I am an involved parent and I guess that caused problems when I begin to question the "preferred teacher" of that particular grade. I could definitely tell that she did not care for me by the end of the school year which is okay I am not not there for you to like me but to provide my child with the best learning experience during those hours. Overall, I thought the teacher was a good teacher but she was a loud mouth, talk over you, know it all kind of teacher. Well here we are back to school and after talking to old parents apparently all of their children were grouped with the "preferred teacher" for this particular grade. I am excited about the new school year and working with the new teacher and watching my child make new friends and excelling no matter which teacher we have or what children she is placed with because what the counselor and teachers thought were a get back we will use to our good and excel in spite of =) . Also, let me just note that the "preferred teacher" for this grade class is full which means she can keep the cute, well behaved preferred kids and when or if a new child transfers to the school more than likely she will not be able to have a new kid because her class is full =)

Develops character: Neutral

It depends on if you are the preferred parent and whether you work as a staff in the school.

Nicholson is a fantastic school. I have a 2nd grader and Kindergartener and every time I walk into the school I am greeted so warmly by the staff, I really feel treated practically like family. The teachers genuinely care about the students' success. My kids love it here. We don't want to move because of Nicholson!

I love this school. My son is in his 3rd year at Nicholson and is in the 2nd grade. He has learned a lot, and they offer fabulous after school enrichment programs as well. I have been impressed with all of his teachers as well as the administrative staff; they are always willing to help or answer any questions I have.

We could have chosen any neighborhood and school when we moved here a couple years ago. Nicholson is a big part of why we love our community. It's not over crowded, my kids have some diversity in their peer group and it's not overly competitive to help out in and around the school. My kids are doing fantastic and can't wait to get to school in the mornings. We're hoping to be here through Sprayberry High.

Excellent PTA. Another wonderschool. I have 2 children here, it's been our school for about 3 years, and I only see good things at Nicholson- Darin Gacuzana

Last modified Nicholson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.