Marietta, GA
Students enrolled: 1,115

Posted October 21, 2014
I have been very impressed with Cheatham Hill. Great school and great location. The community around the school is very good.

Posted March 20, 2014
The administration at Cheatham Hill is fantastic, as are all of the teachers my children have had so far. Any time we've had an issue, it's been addressed quickly and effectively. The school is diverse, so the parent involvement is not as high as I'd like, but the ones that do participate are very invested and effective.

Posted December 15, 2013
I have 2 kids at this school and can tell that the teachers at Cheatham Hill Elementary School are the best. They have tons of different activates that keep our children engaged.

Posted December 12, 2013
This year has been terrible! I am not impressed with the first grade teacher my son has. She singles out certain students and is very condescending and inconsistent I could go and on but I won t. The administration is the same way and it s no wonder the teacher (s) act is if they are above the law . Very discouraging .

Posted December 12, 2013
I agree first grade teachers are horrible. I have made complaints and nothing is ever done. Definitely a miss for me...overrated.

Posted August 29, 2013
I have had three kids at this school and I currently have two that are still there. I love this school! We have had a few issues with teachers but once I either addressed it with the teacher directly or the administration the issues were always taken seriously and addressed properly. The main thing is that my kids absolutely love the school and that means more than anything,.

Cheatham Hill Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2013
As you can tell by the reviews this school is hit or miss. You either get the great teachers or the horrible ones. It has both.

Posted June 20, 2013
Have 3 kids who attended and impressed with the quality of teachers Cheatham Hill attracts. Good, fair administration. Well run school!

Cheatham Hill Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2012
I have 2 kids there presently. Good teachers who are always accesible. Good administration. My kids are in the gifted track(Target). Target teaches Logic, Reasoning,etc. You need to be proficient in these skills to do well on standardized tests. As a gifted parent I know this well. Lots of extracurricular programs. Great summer camp. Great PTA. Cheatham Hill is a great school.The private schools in the area aren't worth the money.

Posted January 26, 2011
Not impressed with their ability to create a challenging and mentally stimulating environment. Not impressed with the gifted program testing procedures. Kindergarten teachers were great. Now my daughter is in first grade and the teacher seems more like she is there to collect a paycheck so she can go to grad school. My student is at the top of her class in all subjects and they are unwilling to challenge her more than the rest of the children. She can hold a full blown challenging conversation with any adult and she reads chapter books while the rest of the kids are still reading Thomas the Train and Dr. Seuss. She is losing interest and I fear that if this trend continues by the time reaches fifth grade she will be completely unmotivated to do well at school. I can only hope that someone will notice these trends and begin to change them. Unfortunately I am now leaning towards private school where there is incentive for the teachers to do better.

Cheatham Hill Elementary School
1350 John Ward Rd SW, Marietta, GA  30064
Last modified Cheatham Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheatham Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top