Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted April 11, 2016
Hands down, an amazing Principal in Missy Shackelford. The staff are so devoted to the students and always challenging the children but at the same time, fostering a love for learning. Love, love, love this school!

Posted November 02, 2015
The teachers and staff make this school far better than the ratings may appear. I have two children currently in Blackwell and would recommend it to anyone as one of the best around.

Posted July 27, 2015
Blackwell Elementary is a wonderful school very caring and excellent teachers. Each teacher we have had is concerned about my child's happiness, well-being as well as their progress/learning. The ASP Program is absolutely awesome with many activities for the children to choose from. The ASP staff is very attentive to my children's needs. The school does a fantastic job of teaching students acceptable behaviors from Day 1 of Kindergarten and I for one, am glad they have helped teach my children and reinforce how to become responsible school citizens.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 27, 2015

Blackwell Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2014
Our experience with this school was so bad that we left and enrolled in a neighboring school the following year. Kindergarten teacher & ASP staff was horrible; deemed my child bad and a trouble maker from the very first day. From 1st- 5th grade year not a one negative experience at the other school. I believe they breed trouble so the principle never has to leave their office.

Blackwell Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2014
I am very disappointed in this school. My son is in 1st grade and is diagnosed ADHD. The teacher has made no effort to adjust her style to meet his needs. In fact, she has damaged his view of teachers so much that he only thinks they are out to get him. Most recently, he was shouted down by her for something he didn't do. He was too scared to try and explain himself. It's a totally toxic environment, but we don't have any options outside homeschool or private.

Posted April 15, 2014
My child has been at Blackwell since kindergarten and has loved it. All the teachers address her by her name, not by the color of her shirt. If anyone says the school is anything else they must be crazy. The faculty and staff are always kind to new kids and the student are also kind. The counselors also encourage things like anti-bulling and good health. This school is wonderful and anyone who is thinking about sending their child there, I say you should!

Blackwell Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
We have a 2nd grader who has been at Blackwell the last three years and we love it. We love the staff, everyone recognizes my child and my husband and I. Not sure I love ASP , I feel it is not well supervised but they have great ASP enrichment programs for a fee and some for nominal cost so I just try to keep her busy with those. Overall, we are very happy there. Not a bad word to say about the three teachers she has had. We have loved them all!

Blackwell Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2013
This school was great Kindergarten (2008) through 1st Grade. It has been downhill ever since until this point (2013). I have withdrawn my child and started him at Georgia Cyber Academy. This school needs better teachers who actually LIKE their jobs and children.

Posted November 11, 2009
They really care about the students. It has a family atmosphere.

3470 Canton Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Blackwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.