Blackwell Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2014
Our experience with this school was so bad that we left and enrolled in a neighboring school the following year. Kindergarten teacher & ASP staff was horrible; deemed my child bad and a trouble maker from the very first day. From 1st- 5th grade year not a one negative experience at the other school. I believe they breed trouble so the principle never has to leave their office.

Blackwell Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2014
I am very disappointed in this school. My son is in 1st grade and is diagnosed ADHD. The teacher has made no effort to adjust her style to meet his needs. In fact, she has damaged his view of teachers so much that he only thinks they are out to get him. Most recently, he was shouted down by her for something he didn't do. He was too scared to try and explain himself. It's a totally toxic environment, but we don't have any options outside homeschool or private.

Posted April 15, 2014
My child has been at Blackwell since kindergarten and has loved it. All the teachers address her by her name, not by the color of her shirt. If anyone says the school is anything else they must be crazy. The faculty and staff are always kind to new kids and the student are also kind. The counselors also encourage things like anti-bulling and good health. This school is wonderful and anyone who is thinking about sending their child there, I say you should!

Blackwell Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2013
We have a 2nd grader who has been at Blackwell the last three years and we love it. We love the staff, everyone recognizes my child and my husband and I. Not sure I love ASP , I feel it is not well supervised but they have great ASP enrichment programs for a fee and some for nominal cost so I just try to keep her busy with those. Overall, we are very happy there. Not a bad word to say about the three teachers she has had. We have loved them all!

Blackwell Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2013
This school was great Kindergarten (2008) through 1st Grade. It has been downhill ever since until this point (2013). I have withdrawn my child and started him at Georgia Cyber Academy. This school needs better teachers who actually LIKE their jobs and children.

Blackwell Elementary School 0

Posted November 11, 2009
They really care about the students. It has a family atmosphere.

Posted August 19, 2009
We have been very pleased by the responsiveness of the school to our children's needs. They matched the teachers' skills to our children's learning styles perfectly this year.

Blackwell Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2009
Blackwell has been an excellent school for my special needs child.. He was very disruptive at first and they were very supportive.. They gave him Psychological exam and found his learning disorder and ADHD. Since then he has not had office visits we found proper medication.. Thank you Blackwell.

Posted May 09, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
My daughter attended Blackwell K-2. I was comparing it to the old school my daughter went to. Principal Dr. Kozol had a meeting with me and my husband. We told her our concerns, what we were expecting and she was really understanding and made sure that my daughter was with the teacher with our expectation. When it was time for her to start second grade Dr.Kozol again made sure our daughter was put with another amazing teacher 'Mrs. Rosenberg' Each teacher is amazing in their own ways, but each teacher has their own teaching technique. You just have to see if the teacher your child is put with matches your child's needs. This school has made sure my daughter is getting the challenge she needs!

Blackwell Elementary School
3470 Canton Rd, Marietta, GA  30066
Last modified Blackwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blackwell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top