PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I am a parent here and saw the two comments below. Obviously the students have some grudge against the school. My child left 8th grade at WCCA and went on to public high school. Not only were they completely ready, they were placed in several advanced courses as a result. There were several other students who were placed as well. We were completely impressed with the care and commitment of the teachers and staff and were quite pleased with the education our child received there. Sad that this site is allowed to have reviews such as below that could tarnish a great school.

ATTENTION!This school is the worst and should be shut down. it teaches kids the wrong things. I went there for 6 years and learned the wrong things, so when I went to 6th grade I failed some things beacause I was taught wrong; I know it was not just me because many of my friends who went here had the exact same problem I had. they would not let us say words like "omg" even though that's not a bad word. also the teachers do not wash their hands after they come out the bathroom and have the nerve to touch other children with their germ infected hands. and the boys would pick on girls and when they told the teacher they would say it's just a joke which is a lie. one thing that also got me was that the teachers would serve the students food with out washing thier hands and without gloves. the only time they acted sanitary is when the health inspector came. they did not have a certified Spanish teacher, so we did not actually learn a second language. we learned "Spanglish" the girls would not be allowed to take purses to the bathroom. and the "Art teacher" would yell at us for not painting it perfectly like she wanted us to and would call our art ugly. and the teachers' children got favoritism and the lead in the play every year and the most awards at the award ceremony. one year a teacher forgot all my awards in the classroom. they forced us to do things we did not want to do. and the teachers children were really mean to everyone and acted like they were better than everyone because their parents were the teacher there, but that's not anything I would be proud of, for my parent to work at a freaking trailer park. so in conclusion, if your child said they are ready to leave,let them leave because that school can feel like a jail ,cell and cause depression. so if I were you don't even look at this school because it is a mistake even thinking about Bringing your child here. goodbye and thank you for reading!

Where do I even start? I am a former student. Please, listen to me. As a person who went there, I can tell you what it's really like. First, some of the teachers weren't certified at the time. There was not a proper learning environment. Also, when I left for middle school I failed because I was not taught the proper material, you may think it's just me, but I can assure you a lot of other students had the same problem. Teachers favored their students which wasn't fair and made it hard for others to learn. Also, the teachers were SO unsanitary. Many teachers didn't wash their hands. And the school lunches, don't even get me started. When the health inspector came they acted all clean and happy, but any other day they don't use gloves, I've found hair in my food, and they would be all up in my food without taking any sanitary matters. Also, many boys got away with things. Girls weren't treated as fair. I, for example, was harassed constantly by a boy, and when I approached the teacher about it, she laughed and told me "He probably likes you". So I took care of him myself, yet I was the one who got in trouble! I became miserable at that school. Must I mention, the girls were not aloud to carry purses to the bathroom which may not be a big deal, but some girls had to deal with periods and it was rather embarrassing to tell your teacher you're on your period and it's necessary. Also, the art teacher, would not accept artistic freedom. Once I painted something and made a small mistake and she yelled at me telling me my painting was ruined and ugly, which as a young child was very hurtful. It was horrible, when I left I finally realized how a school should not be run this way. Please, parents, please consider this before you send your children. The education is mediocre, the school is mixed grades which is conflicting and frustrating making it hard to learn, and certain students were favored making it upsetting to other children. The teachers can't control the class, and I, overall, had a horrible experience. I don't know if the school has changed, but just listen to your child, if they don't like it, please let them leave, don't force them to stay like my parents did. Thank you for reading.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It more if you have some kind of relationship with the teacher you get treated this way

We've been to a few other schools, some of which were much more expensive. I love that they devote real time to the arts; instrument lessons (violin for older grades!) twice a week, Spanish, art, home living, and PE. I see that some parents have complained about the multi-age classrooms, but students are taught in very small groups by grade for math and reading, and only in the multi-age classes for science, social studies, and the electives. I think it's an outstanding system, and very inexpensive for a private school opportunity.

WCCA has been my children's home for the last 5 years. I love the small class sizes and the way the teachers go out of their way to help my child. Her teacher evens stays after school to tutor her. The facilities are temporary but my child has soared and even reads above grade level. I completely disagree with the response below. My child has succeeded every year above what I expected and her test scores show that . Obviously you can't make everyone happy. Very blessed to be at WCCA and wish the school many years of success and God guides this school.

WCCA is an amazing school with teachers who care, administration that remain connected to the kids and teachers, and academics that are unparalleled. I have 3 children there and would never consider another school. The teachers really want all of the students to do well and spend extra time with the kids to make it happen. Your child will get the attention and opportunities here that public school and even some other private schools cannot provide. For all those complaining of modular classrooms, these buildings are not the trailers that public schools force children into but real large rooms with all electronic opportunities afforded by any other school. The bathrooms are not far away at all but are truly located within the same distance of any classroom in any other school. The lunchroom is renovated and nice. If you are looking for affordable Christian education and smaller class sizes the. You need to look no further. This is the place for you.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! This school is nothing but a daycare/homeschool to put your children in and gain nothing in return. They uses portables for classes and old run down building for the lunchroom. The children have to walk across to the church to use the restroom which is awful!! The administration is compose of a family who runs the school with a principal for a front. The classes are combine like k/1,2/3,4/5,6/7 all of which is a bad combination for learning . Meanwhile, the people that teach also have they children in the classroom along with the other students. When they have awards day they children get the majority of the awards. Also, when a teacher have disciplinary problem with students in the class. The rest of the children has to suffer because the teacher can't teach the curriculum. Furthermore, this place that calls itself a school has no accreditation that's affiliated with the Christian schools. In the end, this is a place where you get mediocre teaching for $395.00 a month and $360.00 for material fee which is non- refundable. They website is all about advertisement to sell this pathetic school.

We have used WCCA as a homeschool hybrid program and loved it! My daughter loved the opportunity to be with other kids, and I felt comfortable letting her spend the day with this group. They are very flexible with what you are looking for as a supplement to your homeschool program. Your child can enroll in academic or enrichment days. The enrichment days include things you would never find in public school and classes you would end up paying a lot more for privately, such as violin, super-technology, and sewing, to name a few. If I had to state a weakness, it would be that the outside of the school building does not do justice to the academia going on inside.

I love this school. I love the family like environment and the one on one help for the children. They added STEM which I love. I am thankful for WCCA.

Last modified West Cobb Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6