Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I cannot speak about all the teachers because I did not experience all of them but the one I did experience ruined it for them all. My child came home confused and emotionally hurt. Saying that she would hold her hand up soo long to ask a question that she finally lowered her hand because her arm began to hurt.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Students spend 8 hours a day at school and come home with hours of homework. THEY NEED A BREAK TO BE KIDS.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I experienced a teacher isolating students for different reasons, and this is not fair for any of the students.

As a parent and as a prospective elementary teacher, I felt utterly disgusted by this school. Every time I entered the school with my kindergartner I felt unwanted and unwelcome by administrators teachers and faculty. I had no communication with the teacher; had to call a conference at week 9 to have the first conversation with the teacher other than on the day of open house. I was told that I was not allowed in my child's classroom to observe, to participate or to volunteer my time. It is absurd to tell a parent that wants to be involved that they are not welcome to. I would not recommend this school to anyone, and I will never put my kids back into this school.

The teachers and staff are beyond excellent. I have had two daughters go to south col and now my son. I love the wa the teachers are so involved and teach the kids. The teachers are great and so is the school.Thank you to all at south columbia elm for th outstanding work you all do to teach our kids!

SCE is an excellent school. The teachers and staff are extremely professional and it's obvious they care about the children. This is our first public school experience and it has been awesome. The Curriculum could be more challenging but overall I am very pleased with this school.

Last modified South Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.