Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted January 28, 2016
I cannot speak about all the teachers because I did not experience all of them but the one I did experience ruined it for them all. My child came home confused and emotionally hurt. Saying that she would hold her hand up soo long to ask a question that she finally lowered her hand because her arm began to hurt.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 28, 2016
Students spend 8 hours a day at school and come home with hours of homework. THEY NEED A BREAK TO BE KIDS.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 28, 2016
I experienced a teacher isolating students for different reasons, and this is not fair for any of the students.

South Columbia Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2016
As a parent and as a prospective elementary teacher, I felt utterly disgusted by this school. Every time I entered the school with my kindergartner I felt unwanted and unwelcome by administrators teachers and faculty. I had no communication with the teacher; had to call a conference at week 9 to have the first conversation with the teacher other than on the day of open house. I was told that I was not allowed in my child's classroom to observe, to participate or to volunteer my time. It is absurd to tell a parent that wants to be involved that they are not welcome to. I would not recommend this school to anyone, and I will never put my kids back into this school.

Posted October 01, 2012
The teachers and staff are beyond excellent. I have had two daughters go to south col and now my son. I love the wa the teachers are so involved and teach the kids. The teachers are great and so is the school.Thank you to all at south columbia elm for th outstanding work you all do to teach our kids!

Posted September 25, 2007
SCE is an excellent school. The teachers and staff are extremely professional and it's obvious they care about the children. This is our first public school experience and it has been awesome. The Curriculum could be more challenging but overall I am very pleased with this school.

Posted May 09, 2006
For all of the bad things said about this school, I must disagree. My husband and I are very happy with everything at SCE. The teachers have kept us informed of everything we needed to know on our children (2 attend there). Always answered questions. The office staff knows who our daughters are as soon as we walk in. Always with a smile. Our oldest is in ensemble, and she loves it. Keep up the great work SCE

South Columbia Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2005
I am on the fence about this school. We have friends with children in other schools (Richmond and Columbia Counties) and can see good and bad points with S. Columbia. I am really disappointed with the Accelarated Reader program. My son is no genius, but not allowing a second grader to read second grade books is crazy (he is scoring 100's on the books he has read). The Principal has been with the school for quite a few years and is great. The teachers are attentive and will answer any question, but sometimes let you know that they are busy. This year's teacher has given us an e-mail address, so that handles that problem. I was not supprised by the CRCT scores as the school didn't really seam to care that the tests were coming last year. Have had problems with bullies also and disruptive children. Lunchroom also needs improvememt.

Posted July 18, 2005
I am very impressed by South Columbia Elem. They are nothing short of awsome. I was very worried when my child started Pre-K. She had some learning disabilites that I wasn't quite sure the teacher could handle. Her first year of school was excellent. I could not have asked for a better teacher. She was right there every step of the way. Her kindergarden year was awsome. She was a different child. The staff at this school are incredible. When you walk into South Columbia, you feel like your right at home. The teachers that my daughter has had so far have given me every bit of information that I ask for. I agree with some parents that we do have a lot of fundraisers but this isn't Stevens Creek. My hats off to all the teachers, staff, and PTO. South Columbia Elementary is making our world a better place.

South Columbia Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2005
I must agree with the previous review, TOO MANY FUNDRAISERS! I also have a problem with their accelerated reader program. My child reads at an 8th gr level but is only allowed to read library books at a 4th gr level. He too is an A/B student with excellent grades. I have repeatedly asked that he be tested for the gifted program but my requests fall on deaf ears. We know a teacher at a middle school that feels he would truly excel in a gifted class. I guess we will have to wait-again. The Zero Tolerance on fighting needs to be better enforced. They tend to go too easy on the agressors and too hard on the kids that fight back when it is the child's last option. How many times must a student or parent complain about bullying before something is done?

325 Mccormick Rd, Martinez, GA  30907
Last modified South Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Columbia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top