Posted September 08, 2014
I have 2 kids at WLE, kinder & 5th. This is my 5th graders second year and my K's 1st year despite the ratings for WLE I chose to remain at WLE. Here's why: >The Staff of WLE CARES and if you speak to any one of them at random you will know this. SERIOUSLY visit and see for yourself or if you are also a WLE parent stop a educator randomly and talk to them, ask questions that matter to you. The 1st yr for my oldest then(4th grade) was rough and when the educators realized this they contacted me at the end of the 2nd wk of school. We begin to jointly work through a plan that eventually helped my child improve significantly(5th grader now). > Many resources for you to help your child at home(Educating YOUR CHILD is a JOINT responsibility help out get involved) >Test scores for the 14-15 school yr improved, stayed the same and also declined see website for the results, use this as a factor in judging. >WLE is updating the equipment, resources and interior so far its awesome. >Drop off/Pick Up is rough without the crossing guard and police posted to catch the speeders. >Could use an assistant in the parent resource center. >Small PTO participation A village raises a child!

Posted May 15, 2014
my child will not be returning to this school period. he is in kindergarten and this year has been horrible. the first teacher he had was nice but not stern and had no control over her classroom and failed to inform me of areas that my child needed extra help with. i continually went to the school sat in the classroom and spoke with the principle numerous times and when i suggested that my son be moved to a new class the principle insisted that he was in the best class for him and i completely disagreed. once he moved to the new teachers class his behavior improved slightly and academically they were very uninterested in keeping me updated on how he was doing i did not find out until 4 weeks before school is over that he was struggling in areas and that he was going off in a small group to get extra help. my son has improved significally with reading sight words because of me what i have bought to work with him at home. the classrooms are way over crowded and my child has not benefited from anything from this school since he has been there everything he knows at this point i have taught him. WESLEY LAKES GET A F IN MY BOOK AND I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE SEND THERE CHILD THERE

Posted January 08, 2014
My daughter has been at Wesley Lakes for 3 years now and My husband and I are very pleased with her progress, and the staff. Mrs. T. Harris, Mrs. Paris, and Mrs Hertwig are 3 of the B E S T teachers that Henry County has to offer. They keep/ kept the lines of communication open between parents and they keep/ kept me up to date on my daughter's progress. My daughter is typically shy and mild mannered. However, since being at WLE she is building her confidence and breaking through her shell and I am very proud of her! The ladies in the office (Mrs. Montague and Mrs. Britt) are very professional and such pleasures to encounter each visit. My husband and I are considering a move/ home purchase, and one of our primary goals in to find what we want in THIS school's district. Thank you Wesley Lakes for caring for my little love bug!

Wesley Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted November 25, 2013
This is an okay school if you're looking for an average school. This is not a school for you if you're looking for opportunities for your children to advance in higher learning. It may be helpful to enroll your child in learning programs as far as after school goes. The parents aren't too involved either so that could be part of the issue.

Posted November 24, 2013
My son attended Wesley Lakes for Kindergarten and first grade '10-'13. Our experience with Wesley Lakes was good. I especially appreciated how his kindergarten teachers recognized his capabilities and kept him challenged. Mrs. Cortez, his assistant teacher in kindergarten was the best. There are a lot of good teachers there and I never had a problem with staff. They had the drama club after school free of charge and did their best to accommodate the many children who signed up. They always encouraged parent involvement with I mom & All Pro Dads. Someone mentioned that the school is not diverse, it is primarily African American because that is the race that lives in the area but he had a sprinkle of other races in his classroom. All the kids in his classroom were very sweet on the occasions that I would have contact with them. A lot of them would remember me when I came to the school and come and give me a hug. This was my experience. I think if you have good communication with the teacher and try to be involved, you would have a good experience.

Posted March 15, 2012
Wesley Lakes Elementary cares about their students. The teachers here would love to see more parent involvement! We have seen an increase in our parent involvement and it has made all the difference in the world. I strive daily to provide quality instruction and invite you to see the changes in our school. So often a few negative opinions can unjustly give our school a bad reputation. Come and experience the changes here at WLE. We are changing for the better. Come and see the new WLE!!!!!!!

Posted October 24, 2011
At first after reading all the reviews on WLE I wasnt happy at all that my child was going here. However, with the new teaching methods, smaller classrooms and communication I have received, I see that this school cares to turn things around for the best. My child just started to go here this past year but from what I have seen these parents care, the school faculty cares and this school seems to be trying to improve and really change things around for the best. With all of the different support groups for moms, dads and SEIP programs. Good for you WLE, Keep up the good work!

Posted October 24, 2010
Horrible School all around. No parent involvement. Lack of money and funding. Teachers do not even take the Box Tops when I sent them in. The school is not diverse in race. Old school building. Just not a good school in general.

Posted December 21, 2009
Wesley Lakes Elementary is a Title I distinguished school that despite their lack of parental support is one of the top scoring schools in the county. The teachers do their best to support student achievement and will go the extra mile to meet the needs of every student. I do agree that the discipline and school rules can be enforced much better and they could be more organized, but you cannot find a better group of teachers who really care. Instead of complaining, get involved.

Posted December 19, 2009

Wesley Lakes Elementary School
685 McDonough Pkwy, Mcdonough, GA  30253
Last modified Wesley Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wesley Lakes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top