Bad
Good

Im very pleased to have my children attend this school. The teachers are very involved and concerned in the students learning. The teachers are the best teachers in the County. I love this school!!

HCMS has CHANGED a LOT over the years. It is simply NOT the school it used to be. I posted six years ago rating this school as exceptional. The caliber of leadership (administration) is not the same. And most (not all, but most) of the really good teachers have left.

I am very honor that my son attend Henry Middle School we are making great effort to make our school a school where ever body would love to be a part of I thank the leadership is very awesome in this school I am proud parent and love working with the school

My daughter attended 6th grade and it was the worse ever! The children are completely out of control. Test scores are low. The teachers do not care and the school is absolutely filthy. Dirty paper covering the windows instead of blinds, the classrooms are filled with years of piled up trash and unused junk. Profanity is spoken more fluently than proper English. My daughter spends more time trying to survive than learning. She's punished around and cursed out almost daily and has found the library to be some what of a safe haven. Administration will address issues but there is only so much they can do. The board of education don't seem to care much. When you try to talk to them they give you the impression that they wish you would just move out of the county instead of asking them for other alternatives for education. Its almost like they don't want to extend the offer for something better not even for the benefit of the child.

I have two children who currently attend this school. They have great teachers who communicate with me on a regular basis. My children are doing well academically and love attending here.

I am VERY concerned for my son's safety while attending this school!!! By the Principle's own admission, my son has been attacked by another student for NO reason at all. The student who attacked him had just come from Patrick Henry Alternative School and was sent back for his actions against my son who didn't even know him. Two weeks later, another Bullying incident occurred that got physical. I have been trying to contact the school to find out what policies are in place to ensure my son's safety while at school as well as on the bus. No return call yet. - From a Very Concerned Parent

Pulling my daughter after TWO horrid years here. No preemptive calls from teachers, no preventatives in place for students... and no questions from teachers as to why... Well the reason why? BECAUSE they could CARE LESS. It's a paycheck, and SIMPLY that. I have had to jump through hoops for answers, to get return phone calls, or even follow up regarding NUMEROUS incidents. There are always fights, threats from teachers, as if they too were 12-13, and just plain ridiculousness. THANK GOD we are able to use the 251 program and get her the heck out of dodge. DO NOT enroll if at all POSSIBLE!!!!

I pulled out my son from this school after a horrible one school year. I wasted one year of his life. No dedication for learning, didn't see any effort to educate the kids, lack of discipline and care.

Terrible school! Old ,dirty, my son would find hair in his lunches, a severe lack of educational materials (kids have no books!!) disorganized mess. My son attended here for a total of 4 months and the cops were called to his bus every week for fights. My son now goes to Living Word Christian Academy. Best decision/ school ever! Great rates, small classes. In the 4 months my son was at Henry Middle his grades descended to almost failing!! 3 months at Living Word he is back to making all A's!!

All four of my children have had the pleasure of attending HCMS. I have never had any academic concerns with any of their teachers or behavior issues for that matter. HCMS has some of the best teachers educating our kids however; it takes input from us as parents to be more involved with their education and lives. We can't just make the teachers accountable when we as parents aren't taking responsibility for our children's actions. We have to stop being part of the problem by enabling our children to continue to do wrong and work more at being a tool to the solution and support our teachers! Over the years I have seen and experienced a change for the better as it relates to the administration and overall climate of the school. Friday, I will be celebrating a joyous occasion as another child graduates from HCHS with honors!!

Last modified Henry County Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.