Posted April 30, 2014
Im very pleased to have my children attend this school. The teachers are very involved and concerned in the students learning. The teachers are the best teachers in the County. I love this school!!

Henry County Middle School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
HCMS has CHANGED a LOT over the years. It is simply NOT the school it used to be. I posted six years ago rating this school as exceptional. The caliber of leadership (administration) is not the same. And most (not all, but most) of the really good teachers have left.

Posted April 27, 2014
I am very honor that my son attend Henry Middle School we are making great effort to make our school a school where ever body would love to be a part of I thank the leadership is very awesome in this school I am proud parent and love working with the school

Posted March 07, 2013
I have two children who currently attend this school. They have great teachers who communicate with me on a regular basis. My children are doing well academically and love attending here.

Posted March 04, 2013
I am VERY concerned for my son's safety while attending this school!!! By the Principle's own admission, my son has been attacked by another student for NO reason at all. The student who attacked him had just come from Patrick Henry Alternative School and was sent back for his actions against my son who didn't even know him. Two weeks later, another Bullying incident occurred that got physical. I have been trying to contact the school to find out what policies are in place to ensure my son's safety while at school as well as on the bus. No return call yet. - From a Very Concerned Parent

Posted May 15, 2012
Pulling my daughter after TWO horrid years here. No preemptive calls from teachers, no preventatives in place for students... and no questions from teachers as to why... Well the reason why? BECAUSE they could CARE LESS. It's a paycheck, and SIMPLY that. I have had to jump through hoops for answers, to get return phone calls, or even follow up regarding NUMEROUS incidents. There are always fights, threats from teachers, as if they too were 12-13, and just plain ridiculousness. THANK GOD we are able to use the 251 program and get her the heck out of dodge. DO NOT enroll if at all POSSIBLE!!!!

Posted March 26, 2012
I pulled out my son from this school after a horrible one school year. I wasted one year of his life. No dedication for learning, didn't see any effort to educate the kids, lack of discipline and care.

Posted March 14, 2012
Terrible school! Old ,dirty, my son would find hair in his lunches, a severe lack of educational materials (kids have no books!!) disorganized mess. My son attended here for a total of 4 months and the cops were called to his bus every week for fights. My son now goes to Living Word Christian Academy. Best decision/ school ever! Great rates, small classes. In the 4 months my son was at Henry Middle his grades descended to almost failing!! 3 months at Living Word he is back to making all A's!!

Henry County Middle School 4

Posted May 25, 2011
All four of my children have had the pleasure of attending HCMS. I have never had any academic concerns with any of their teachers or behavior issues for that matter. HCMS has some of the best teachers educating our kids however; it takes input from us as parents to be more involved with their education and lives. We can't just make the teachers accountable when we as parents aren't taking responsibility for our children's actions. We have to stop being part of the problem by enabling our children to continue to do wrong and work more at being a tool to the solution and support our teachers! Over the years I have seen and experienced a change for the better as it relates to the administration and overall climate of the school. Friday, I will be celebrating a joyous occasion as another child graduates from HCHS with honors!!

Posted November 24, 2010
My daughter has to go here right now - that is the ONLY reason she is going here. She herself said the teachers are just baby sitters. She doesn't feel like she is learning anything. Kids are always fighting, talking during class, causing problems so others can't be taught by the teachers. There is not a lot of communication between school and home. I will be so happy when the school yr is over and my child can go elsewhere!!

Henry County Middle School
166 Holly Smith Dr, Mcdonough, GA  30253
Last modified Henry County Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry County Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top