Mcdonough Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2014
horrible horrible!!!!!!!! my daughter was being called out of her name as well as the teacher on several occasion by a student instead of dealing with the student the staff moved my daughter to another classroom.while in this new classroom which was supposed to be a tag class.her classmate threatened to bring a knife to school and stab her in the eye .a couple of days later assaulted my daughter by poking her in the neck with a pencil. this was very disappointing to me but the biggest wow factor was not one thing was done to the student Henry county school system sweeps things under the rug instead of dealing with the problem

Posted May 23, 2014
Omg! This school is every parents dream of leaving their children and knowing that the staff really love their students. I salute mcdonough elementary for taking care of my three children since 2005- present you guys are amazing!

Posted February 08, 2010
I have two students that attend/attended MES. I love this school! There are so many great things going on here that I like to call MES the McDonough secret. They have so many great clubs and incentives that the students want to be successful! The teachers are excellent, in fact, the 5th graders had the highest scores in the whole county last year (my child was part of the fifth grade). I am so glad that I still have another child at MES so that I am able to see all of the positive things going on here!

Posted March 26, 2008
My daughter has attended McDonough Elementary for almost 3 years. Each year she has had wonderful, caring teachers. This year the new administration has made some wonderful changes. They've implemented a positive reinforcement program that is really exciting for my daughter. We will be rezoned to a new school next year and hope the administration and teachers are as wonderful!

Posted March 16, 2007
McDonough Elementary is a great school. The administration is wonderful, and the teachers are great. My child is a first grader at MES, and he absolutley loves his teacher. She is always willing to offer extra help and support to her students, and communicates with parents frequently. We love MES so much, and are saddened to leave the county. The area is becoming very rough, and the school is experiencing a lot of behavior problems because of it. I beleive that the school is doing to the best of their ability, but the area is becoming overwhelming.

Mcdonough Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2006
The quality of academic programs at this school are poor! The lack of available resources are limited. Classrooms are overcrowded - no educational assistance provided in the schools. No educational programs set up for students. The retention rate is increasing yet the funds are not available for seeking resources! Henry County needs to invest more into their school systems. Parent teacher involvement inititated by administers are effortless. I wish that I had never moved to this county. By far the school system is at best 'poor'. The school has no money to hire teachers or to incorporate programs. Student teacher ratio is 24:1 - Ridiculous! Classrooms over crowded - Extremely Horrible Experience. Please seek other options, for education is a huge investment for your child. Don't allow your child to become a product of poor school systems. I'm deeply dissapointed in Henry County Schools!

Posted April 18, 2006
My son who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome a high functioning form of autism, entered kindergarten this school year. The support that we have received from the school's administration, classroom teachers and resource teachers has been remarkable. The entire staff is warm and understanding of my son's strengths and weaknesses. My son has thrived in this environment and although he still has hurdles to leap, he has made remarkable strides.

Posted May 08, 2004
Last year my son was struggling to pass the 3rd grade in a clayton county elementay school. The family move to Henry county an I enrolled my son in Mcdonough Elementary. His 4th grade teacher is a very warm and patient lady. She has taken up extra time with him and given him extra attention so he could catch up. She is a saint! Not any teacher would take up so much time with one student, with a class of 25 9 and 10 year olds. My son has been on the A,B honor roll for the last 2 report cards. I am so proud of him and I am even more gratful to Ms. Edmonson. Thank you so much!

Mcdonough Elementary School
330 Tomlinson St, Mcdonough, GA  30253
Last modified Mcdonough Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcdonough Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top