Oakland Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
We attended 2014. Starting the year off we had nothing but issues. MY CHILDREN'S TEACHERS WERE WONDERFUL. BUT The front office isn't very welcoming and the person they put in charge of the fundraising and other events is rude and disrespectful to parents. She went even as far as to tell me that they believe that parents are a distraction. The principle is not very good at parent interaction. VERY UNORGANIZED IN ALMOST EVERYTHING EXAMPLE AWARD DAYS AND FIELD DAYS. I would recommend people to try to do the school choice and do not go to this school.

Oakland Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2013
My chidd has been a student here for two years she is in second grade. The educators are great the only reason I took away one star is due to the disiplinary problems that my chid has encounter from other childre, but that is not the schools fault rather that of the parents. Oakland is great they are truly concerned for the kids!

Posted October 31, 2012
The teachers we have had at this school have gone above and beyond with our two boys. We have one child that is gifted and needs advanced materials and he is provided everything he needs and more. Our second son is dyslexic and the school has worked so hard to follow the laws and provide him what he needs. He is now excelling thankfully because the teachers at this school have gone above and beyond to try to help him and provide him with what he needs to succeed.

Posted April 11, 2012
My son is in 4th Grade and this was his first year here. He ABSOLUTLY LOVES THIS SCHOOL! He has been challenged in every way and has brought up his grades and LOVES it. He never wants to miss a day of school because he is afraid of the learning he might miss. His teacher really shows that she cares about her class and there learning. Im glad we will be at this school next year!

Oakland Elementary School 0

Posted January 20, 2010
Great Principal and Teachers who care about your childs education.

Posted July 31, 2008
I love this school! We moved here from Miami and all of the teacher's are very supportive. The principal has an open door policy and she is awesome! Your Dr. K.

Posted July 24, 2008
My younger sister (she's entering High School at Luella this year) attended K - 5 at Oakland, my oldest daughter will be in the 5th grade and my son will be starting Kindergaten this year and we have all had nothing but good experiences at Oakland! The administration, office staff, teachers, support staff...everyone is so wonderful! I can tell by the postive, caring attitudes that are always presented that my children are in the best possible place!

Oakland Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2008
My first child entered Oakland Elementary in 2008, I was very impressed with the open communication style of her kindergarten teacher. Every effort he made to keep parents informed with all the upcoming changes. I Love the School, I loved the Kindergarten Teacher and the staff is most helpful for parents of newly enrolled students.

Oakland Elementary School 0

Posted June 02, 2008
My child has had some of the best teacher's at Oakland. She was appropriately challenged and loves learning. Oakland teachers are among some of the best!

Posted April 24, 2008
I am impressed with the administration and teachers at Oakland. I have two children in the school.

Oakland Elementary School
551 Highway 81 W, Mcdonough, GA  30253
(770) 954-1901
Last modified Oakland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top