Posted July 24, 2014
In response to the June10 comment, I can assure you that the statements made were fabricated. I have taught at PBA for 20 years and know of no such conduct by faculty or staff. The teachers love children and love what they do. Students who transfer into PBA typically are two years behind the national average. The atmosphere is conducive to learning, and parents tell us that their children thrive because of it. New programs are constantly being added. For the coming year, an intramural Junior Knights program for Grades 1-6 has been added, and a community football program is underway this week. The school holds 28 state championships in high school sports. As for curriculum, it is constantly evaluated, updated, and improved, and teachers are required to maintain certification. Each year we hear from college professors, both Christian and secular, who are impressed by our students' knowledge and abilities. Our greatest joy is that we are now also teaching children of our alumni. What a privilege and vote of confidence!

Peoples Baptist Academy 1

Posted June 10, 2014
I attended this school a while back and my experience was horrendous. I was left handed and, because of some bogus scripture, my left hand was tied to my desk and the fingers were taped together so that I could not use it, I was forced to learn to write with my right hand. They paddle students for what they deem to be "misbehaving" actions such as: writing with your left hand, having nose bleeds in class or displaying any sense of independence. I would never send my future child to this school for fear of my child being brainwashed. Terrible school, terrible faculty and terribly inadequate school curriculum, I was always wondering why my friends who attended public school were smarter than me.

Posted December 05, 2012
Peoples Baptist Academy is well respected in the Atlanta area and is known for its high academics. The teachers are among the best I have ever seen. Many of them have more than 30 years of teaching experience. My children attended PBA and my grandchildren are now attending, and our family loves it. They have a lot to offer and their facilities are beautiful, but the best thing about them is what you find when you walk through their doors.

Peoples Baptist Academy 2

Posted October 23, 2012
To the august 18th poster, re-check your facts. All the teachers at this school are NOT college graduates. In fact, some have never even been to college. Some of the teachers are caring individuals. Some are power hungry, self serving and their salvation could be questionable. If they really are accredited, it would be safe to say they paid for it.

Posted September 10, 2012
Our family loves Peoples Baptist Academy. It offers a well rounded experience that includes strong academics, sports, and fine arts. The teachers and faculty are very qualified, some even holding masters degrees. The class size is small offering individual attention to all students. The school environment is caring and encouraging to all students and families. The administration encourages parental involvement. My children have thrived in this environment and I would not have them anywhere else.

Posted August 18, 2012
We love Peoples Baptist Academy. My kids have no desire to go anywhere else. Many of the high school classes are advance learning where the graduates are able to test out of some of the college English and Math classes. We are very pleased with the qualifications of the teachers. As part of being fully accredited, the teachers are college graduates and are well trained to educate the students. This school will provide a Christian atmosphere to help develop you child both academically and spiritually.

Posted August 09, 2011
To the previous reviewer who submitted a negative comment, the academic program at Peoples is far superior than many public school programs. The school definitely scores well above public school averages in SAT testing. One graduate who did particularly well received a huge scholarship to Auburn University. The majority of teachers hold a bachelor's degree in their area of teaching and several have master's degrees. One of the administrative staff is also working on a doctorate. I would say qualifications are doing well. Besides, "real education" begins in the home.

Peoples Baptist Academy 2

Posted August 03, 2011
Teacher Qualifications are questionable, standardized testing (SAT schores) are low. These children are not getting a real education. But it is a safe environment.

Posted June 07, 2011
Great place! It is refreshing to be in a school with a principal who knows what he is doing and is leading the school in a great direction. The teachers love the students and there is a great quality academic program. The school is strong on structure and organization, and it's nice to see that the teachers are in charge and not the students. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a traditional education in a structured environment!

Peoples Baptist Academy 1

Posted March 27, 2011
I would say overall my experience with this school was disappointing. I would not recommend this school to any family looking for a caring and compassionate school for young children.

Peoples Baptist Academy
850 Mill Road, McDonough, GA  30253
Last modified Peoples Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Peoples Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top