Bad
Good

I feel very happy with the performance of my son. I love the TAG program.

You cannot imagine my surprise when I checked the rating of Flippen Elementary! I can't believe it's so low. Both of my daughters have attended since K one will be a 2nd grader and the other a 4th grader this year. I have had nothing but pleasant interactions with staff and teachers alike since the start. The school work has gotten more challenging and the children utilize lots of technology, which we all know is vitally important in today's world and is helping them develop useful skills for the future. The cafeteria and school overall all are always neat and clean. They take great efforts through their "bullyproof" campaign to make the environment safe and welcoming for the children. We, personally, have never experienced any problems with such matters. I've always been able to have quick and timely correspondence with any other concerns I may have. It's a great school, with a caring staff.

-As a parent and teacher (10+ yrs), I found Flippen to been a HUGE disappointment. On my first visit to my son s class, I was stopped by the principal (Dr. Obenauf) & told that I must have administrative approval PRIOR. Also,I was told that I would need to be fingerprinted for observations (beyond 20mins.) and for volunteering. I was told this even though the classroom teacher never mentioned it; the bookkeeper told me that she had Never seen that form before , and no one asked for the form or my name upon signing in for the observation. -I had to go to the Henry County JAIL HOUSE to get these prints. I found all of it to be an unnecessary ordeal for me as a parent & stakeholder of the community. I have taught in two (2) GA school systems, was a long term sub in another, and my oldest son has attended 2 H.C.schools and I have NEVER heard of such policies! The principal told me that in the past Flippen has had A LOT of threats and Lockdown situations! This is why she required it.The environment is very unwelcoming to parents. Their letters are even hostile! -I would Not recommend this school to ANYONE! Move further in Henry county.

Love this school, the administration and the teachers are amazing!! I have two boys currently enrolled and one more that will be there in a couple of years. They have wonderful counselors that promote a happy encouraging environment and teachers who work very hard to educate and challenge the children.

I have sent my children to at least three private schools, all of which I can call great school. Coming to Flippen this year is the only time I can feel that my daughters feel challenged. I have children in 2nd and 3rd grade and I am so pleased with the quality of education offered to my kids at Flippen. What surprised me the most is that the kids are very disciplined. The kids in this school are very well behaved as they are encouraged to be. The staffs are highly diligent and supportive. They update me on my children's progress by setting up a conference with me without having to ask. Flippen is a very well organize school above everything. I am very impressed, coming from private schools.

Flippen is an Awesome school!! I have a 3rd grader that has attended all three years and I can't say enough great things about them! My child was developmentally delayed when he started kindergarten. All of his teachers have gone well above their call of duty to get him where he needed to be. This year he is excelling in all areas. Flippen administrators are phenomenal. I feel like Flippen staff are part of my family and I feel so blessed to have them part of our "family". They work hard to make sure ever child is receiving what they need. Thanks Flippen!

My child started school here in 4th grade comming out of private school an she has done great. The teachers here are awsome an dedicated to teaching something alot of teachers other places have forgotten. I love this school an theirs no second guessing here only perfection.

My children began atteneding Flippen in 1st grade after a terrible inner city kindergarden experience. He was very behind but his teachers went above the call of duty to work with him and never made him or me feel as though he was 'slow'. Two years later is excelling in 2nd grade!The teachers and office staff are great! I have found that is one of the most diverse schools in the district which was very important to me. The offer tons of extra help for students and were not quick to label my son. My kindergarder began this year and is doing very well, his teacher is great! School offers tons of incenetives, programs, activities and extra help! I love Flippen and dread having to move to another area.

This school has awesome friendly and helpful staff and teachers. The education is outstanding. They acknowledge and encourage good values. This has been a great start for my son!!!!

Great school overall all. The teachers show concern. I wish the criteria to be in the gifted program would include classroom performance.

Last modified Flippen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.