No rating

ABC Montessori

Private | PK-12

Living in McDonough

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted April 23, 2010

My daughter has attended the school for a year and I cannot say enough how great it is! The teachers are so caring and loving, the director is absolutely wonderful! The level of education is incredible! Public school cannot even compare to the level and quality of education your child gets at this school. I love ABC Montessori!

Posted April 15, 2010

Excellent program. Quality with a personal touch.This is not the rigid classroom that you might find in state schools. By the time my son was five he was competent in adding long digits, writing stories in cursive an can tell me all about the parts of every plant and animal I think ever existed. The whole child is at heart, it is not about test scores. You have to learn about Montessori and then watch the process unfold.

Posted January 27, 2010

My child joined the ABC Montessori Family in the middle of his first grade. ABC welcomed us with open arms. I am very greatful for ABC Montessori. They have helped my child excel in every area of academics. Not only has the school helped my son but they are always ready to assist me with any issues I experience. I recommend ABC Montessori to any parent. I am very proud to ABC Montessori our second home.

Posted October 14, 2009

I went to observe in the classrooms for both of my children, and WOW! It is amazing what the children are accomplishing, and more importantly, how they are learning. The atmosphere is very calming and the children work with a sense of purpose. The children teach each other, and the teachers and assistants know the cognitive level of the children. Not only were the children developing academic skills, they were working together and caring for each other. I am grateful that my children are not sitting in desks all day, completing worksheets that ask very little of them, and becoming factory drones.

Posted October 10, 2009

I love the school my daughter is definitely benefiting from the Montessori method of teaching!

Posted April 10, 2009

What a wonderful school. My daughter is excited about attending school, she enjoys learning and engaging in activities at her own pace. The classrooms are delightful, with student work around the rooms and an openness which I find inviting. It is nice to pull up to a school and not be greeted by signs stating Passing the CRCT equals AYP . The tuition is comparable to other private schools in the area; however the family atmosphere at ABC cannot be matched by other schools in the area.

Posted March 2, 2009

My son has attended this school for 2 years now and I can tell you he has grown so much academically. The nurturing environment and teachers who are truly dedicated to the development of the whole child are the reasons that my son will continue at ABC Montessori. Every child should have the opportunity to have an education like this.

Posted January 27, 2009

My daughter is blossoming here. She is excited about learning and has become inquisitive and enjoys sharing what she is learning. I love how her attitude about school has changed. She is a 3rd grader.

Posted January 23, 2009

My daughter has been attending ABC for 3 years (since 2 1/2), and we absolutely love it! She has grown in self confidence so much. She is reading well to be only 5 yrs old. It's a top notch school with a top notch facility! Where else could you go at this price of tuition and get this one on one attention? I strongly recommend ABC. Regarding the Director, she is actually there every day teaching in the Upper Elementary classes now so she is right there in case anyone needs her. She is very involved.

Posted December 31, 2008

I have 2 children who attend this school. The teachers are wonderful. The Director/Owner are never there and there is no organization. The parent's and the teacher's do most of the work. I think the school needs more experienced owners but on the other hand my children are happy there.

Posted December 31, 2008

In just two weeks I saw a difference. He was now able to focus and really learn. The new facility is beautiful and they have equipment from all over the world for the children to work with. This is an amazing place for kids.

Posted December 6, 2008

My two children are entering their second full year at ABC Montessori (Toddler and Early Elementary Programs). The teachers are truly dedicated to the growth and development of the individual child. The school has a true partnership with the parents. Unlike my experience with public school, the teachers often provide unsolicited feedback on my childrens progress with details about their development. Initially I was skeptical about Montessori, but you just have to come and see how well it works for yourself.

Posted October 17, 2008

I believe this school needs more organization. The teachers and the parents are wonderful. The owners and the director needs to be there more often, to oversee what goes on. The parents and teachers do most of the work there.

Posted March 14, 2008

I took my child out of this school because of the school's financial troubles as well as the lack of management and teacher experience. Enroll your child in this school at your own risk.

Posted February 22, 2008

Upper grades have major behavior and teaching problems. School is so finacially in trouble, that they accept students who have been expelled from other schools and that have major behavior issues and then do little to address these issues in the class. Teachers appear unhappy with management and have little experience teaching. Student and teacher turnover is high. This school is based on a great philosophy however the implementation of this is very poor. Several of the teachers in the lower grades have children who could be in the upper elementary and middle school program at greatly reduced or free tuition choose to send their kids to public school. The sales pitch is great and it looks great but the daily practice and professionalism is not there. Most of the really good reviews are written by employees. If you send your kids here do so at your own risk.

Posted January 31, 2008

I have two children at ABC Montessori and could not be happier with the school and the staff.

Posted December 13, 2007

I feel this school is appropriate for K-4 and younger. Once a child gets into 1st grade and up they need more than just the montessori way of teaching.

Posted November 27, 2007

I have three kids at this school. This is their second year at ABC. My oldest is seven. She started in Montessori at age 3 at an international Montessori school in Europe. We were concerned about moving to the area and not finding a well-rounded Montessori school with leadership passionate about Montessori as well as exposing chidren to other cultures/worldviews. We are happy with ABC in both regards. Their leadership has fought very hard to educate parents about the Montessori method and elevate the school to what it is today. Sure there have been kinks and will be in the future, but the leadership is deeply committed to improving the school as it moves forward.

Posted October 23, 2007

There is plenty of love in this school but the montessori vision is lacking.

Posted October 19, 2007

I withdrew my child from this school. I felt that the public school system was far more educated and qualified to teach my child once he entered elementary school age.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 11% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Henry County Schools
Clayton County Schools
Butts County Schools
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Our parents are significantly involved and are encouraged to participate and support their children in any and as many ways as they possibly can. some provide classroom materials support or guest lectures, others provide office and administration support and even more work on fundraisers, playground development and special events.