McDonough, GA

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
If the school could hold onto its good teachers, it could be effective. Then if they were supported by the administration they could become very effective. However, teachers come in and then quickly leave because the administration lures them in and eventually they realize it wasn't everything they said it was.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
How can it develop honesty in students, when the administration has repeatedly distributed false stories and empty promises not only to teachers but to parents as well.

Posted May 08, 2015
Loved the teachers but hated the administration after being given one expectation after another only to later find out they were false expectations. In other words the administration repeatedly stretched the truth to the snapping point in order to spin a story that sounded good and exciting but didn't match reality. Turns out not even the teachers were being given the truth from the administration. I also noticed that the administrator and her husband seemed to have very different ideas about how to run the school, and although he had no offical position with the school, her husband often overruled his wife doing things his way at school such as spanking an upper elementary student.

Posted March 22, 2015
Amazing held my gifted child reach her full potential and will graduate earlie with college credits!

Posted March 17, 2015
This is a great school. My daughter has been in Montessori sinces she was 2 years old. She started with Meadowland and transfered to ABC Montessori in the fourth grade and she will start her 10th year next year there. I can't say enough good things about the school and the staff and teachers there. My daughter was born with small optic nerves and they have just been wonderful with her.....She is a A and B stufent there.....I highly recommend this school...They have a great love for children...

Posted March 05, 2015
We give this school one star. The leadership is awful. The communication is terrible. The organization is abysmal. The parental volunteers are almost zero. The high school program, which was a huge draw for us, is an absolute mess. The one star is for their early childhood classes which, more or less, deliver as promised (assuming you get the right teacher not all of their teachers have been properly trained to educate in a Montessori classroom). If you have no other choice, can afford the price tag, and you can take their vapid smiles, this school is moderately better than a public school (in regards to environment). However, I highly recommend finding another program or homeschooling.

Posted October 29, 2014
I almost enrolled my boys here but after seeing on Facebook what they did to that little boy I'm glad I decided against it. If this were my boys I would stop at nothing to see this school of horrors closed.

Posted October 27, 2014
I just saw on fb. A posting from a parent of what looks like a beating their child took at your school, when the mother only gave permission for 2licks. Looks like a lot more than 2 licks to me. If this is true I feel there should be a full police investigation, no child should come home from school bruised up and scratched like that. I pray this is not true but if it is something needs to be done now. The family has posted pictures on face book, and asking it to be shared. If this was done at your school it is unacceptable.

Posted October 27, 2014
Wow two grown men take a 9 year old in the bathroom and beat him with a belt.. So sad that this school fave permission for that beating

Posted June 20, 2014
My daughter has attended ABC Montessori since she was 18 months old. Now she is 5 years old and starting Kindergarten. We absolutely love her teachers; and she has been reading since she was 4 years old. Her father and I find the Montessori curriculum to be extremely effective. Our daughter absolutely loves this school.

483 Walker Drive, McDonough, GA  30253