Mcdonough, GA

Posted August 12, 2014
Walnut Creek is an "ok" school! They do have some great teachers and they also have some ineffective teachers but the good does outweigh the bad at times. I do know first hand that the children are labeled, whether they're teachers pets or "disruptive." The children that have been in trouble do not stand a chance on getting a clean slate! The principal only acknowledge you when she feel like it. Again, there a some good points but overall it's just an "ok" school. If I could, I would definitely go somewhere else. Walnut Creek is not a "high caliber" school (AYP testing scores, etc) so they shouldn't treat people the way they do. And to the previous reviewer, you're absolutely right about not judging or blaming the entire school for others and with that being said....you can't say that the entire school is good because of your experience! You obviously haven't had a bad experience but that's your story, not others.

Posted March 27, 2014
I been with this school 3 years I am greatly appreciative of the staff here at W.C.E.S. they treat people with respect and they give u any help u need with your child I am very involved in the school i recommend this school to everyone. i love the way they communicate with the parents when your child did something he or she was not supposed to do. i get to walk my kids to there class and even have breakfast or lunch with them. u can sit in the class for a minimum time only as long as u get an approval this is county policy not the staff. people always judge too quick with out really knowing. REMEMBER IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH YOUR SELF OR WITH A SITUATION U HAD WITH A STAFF MEMBER THAT DONT MEAN EVERYONE OR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL IS BAD OR CLICKISH. I LOVE THE EDUCATION MY KIDS HAVE RECEIVED HERE AND WILL KEEP RECEIVING TILL THEY GO TO MIDDLE SCHOOL. THIS SCHOOL REALLY CARES OF OUR CHILDRENS AND PROTECT THEM ALOT. I GIVE W.C.E.S. A BIG 100+ IN EVERYTHING THEY THE BEST SCHOOL AND THERE PTO IS THE BEST TOO. GOD BLESS W.C.E.S.

Posted March 27, 2014
LOVE THIS SCHOOL THE STAFF. THEY ALWAYS TREAT U RIGHT. THEY PROVIDE ME WITH INFORMATION AND GUIDE ME THE RIGHT PATH FOR THE BEST INTEREST OF MY TWO KIDS THEY HAVE HELPED ME WITH THE SPECIAL EDUCATION FOR MY CHILD I DIDNT EVEN KNEW MY CHILD HAD LEARNING DIFFICULTIES KEEP UP THE GOOD HARD WORK WALNUT CREEK STAFF AND ADMINISTRATORS. THE VOLUNTEERS HELP TO THEY DEDICATE THEIR FREE TIME TO HELP TEACHERS AND OUR CHILDRENS WHEN THEY ARE IN NEED OF HELP. THIS IS MY #1 SCHOOL.

Posted March 24, 2014
I love Walnut Creek! Both of my kids have been going here for years! The teachers and staff are awesome. They all work with me to do what is best for my children!

Posted March 07, 2014
As a testament to two other similar reviews this school is definitely cliquish and they do tend to single out certain parents/students. It's undeniable that there is a no open door policy at this school. You will get a conference but you better believe it will be at "an ideal" time, everything will be set up, and all faculty involved coached for your arrival especially if they feel you are coming to address a concern that may reflect negatively on one of their staff. It is a "very well controlled/orchestrated environment" when you visit. Do not be surprised at how quickly they ban together under the "teachers' code" nor at how they will hurriedly put together a "teacher team meeting" to back each other up and cover each other's tracks. Though this method does nothing to address the lack of accountability on behalf the staff, at this school they uphold the teachers at all costs. If what you want is a strong, fair educational environment where your child's emotional and educational well-being is first and utmost then by all means I strongly suggest you consider other possible options!!!!!

Walnut Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
In general, students are top priority! Walnut Creek continually progresses. Teachers here are screened well enough that they end up advancing to other areas via lateral or advanced promotion in the district. Principal and Assistant Principal are strong leaders, accept constructive feedback, and care about the school climate. The school is small, title I and has some great positives such as "walk to reading" and "walk to math" to help differentiate instruction. The PTO is well-lead, too.

Posted February 14, 2013
To say that this is the best school in Henry County is SCARY! This has to be the worst school (principal and assistant principal) I have every encountered. I have two children there and this will be ABSOLUTELY the LAST year we will be at this school. We tried to hang in there with this school. Most of the good teachers left last year, there are a few that remains and I mean a few. But the leadership is horrible and some of the teachers don't seem to even like kids. The Henry County Board of Ed is no place to go to complain. They are a huge click and will cover for each other to the detriment of the children. I remember when I was in school, we actually did LEARN. That is definitely not going on here. My son HATES this school. He has nothing to do, no homework, I am giving him work after he gets home. If you value education, this is NOT the school for your children. If you are one of those parents that don't care at all. Then you will be happy here and they will LOVE you. I' not trying to be mean, but this school is horrible. My children have never had any disciplinary problems but the education is lacking to say the least. I am hands on & spend a lot of time there.

Posted May 14, 2012
This school has the worst principal I have ever encountered. She along with the assistant principal are horrible. I am used to a school with an open door policy and these two have completely run this school to the ground. You are not allowed to go to your child s classroom nor walk them to class for any reason. I understand that the children are there to learn how to be independent but I if my child is there I do not want to be shut out. The school does have good teachers but a number of them are leaving at the end of the school year due to poor leadership. Both my children have come home crying on many occasions complaining of how mean the principal and the assistant are to them. I went to the school board to file a complaint but there was no help there they are all affiliates so they cover for one another when you file a complaint. I have never been happier to see the school year come to an end because my children will NOT be returning there. Choose wisely if you are considering this school. I am offering a very honest parent review because I love my children very much and want all other parents to know the truth about this AWFUL school.

Walnut Creek Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2010
We are a military family new to the area. Finding a good school was very important as my son was just starting kindergarten. I am pleased to say we all love Walnut Creek. I like the size of the class and the size of his classroom. Mrs. Fletcher and Mrs. Winkles are great. And, more important, my son likes it and he is learning a great deal.

Posted July 28, 2008
Walnut Creek is the best in McDonough. My son came to Walnut Creek as a first grader and had been having problems in school since he started in private school at the age of 3 yrs. He was kicked out of private christian school at 4 y/o and had a rough time in another private christian kindergarten. The year started off rough for him due to his behavior, but with the help of his first grade teacher, Ms. Silveri, and the woderful school counselor, Ms. Brown, things smoothed out very well or him. He received numerous academic awars and was nominaed as Reader fo The Year for his first grade calss. My family is very pleased with all of the staff at wWalnuit Creek.

Walnut Creek Elementary School
3535 McDonough Pkwy, Mcdonough, GA  30253
Last modified Walnut Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top