McDonough, GA

Posted September 01, 2015
I love the student to teacher ratio. The children truly get one on one attention. It is so rare to find that. The Christian principles taught and practiced are really a true bonus. The teachers are kind and giving, and I really feel they want to see the children succeed. As an adult, walking into the room and seeing the kids stand in respect as I enter is remarkable. Miss McDermitt is a wonderful leader and runs the school with efficiency, love, and spiritual guidance. Pastor Moss' vision is definitely in the children's favor. I would recommend this academy to anyone looking for the closest thing to home.

Posted September 01, 2015
I am proud to say that I have been employed at this school for 10 years and have never regretted a single day. The teachers and staff of LWCA truly care for the students and strive to see them succeed. The principal Miss McDermitt is an awesome boss, trustworthy friend, and amazing instructor. I definitely give Living Word 5 stars.

Living Word Christian Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 31, 2015
The school's motto is "Developing Excellence in Tomorrow’s Leaders." We make it our goal to lead by example, how to navigate through life, making decisions and handling situations in a way that Christ would.

Living Word Christian Academy 1

Posted August 19, 2015
The Administrator Kerry McDermitt is absolutely horrible. She puts on a smile but she is a disgrace to all professionals. The turnover for teachers is high and the reason is because they have unlawful employment practices. She is prejudice and discriminates against her teachers. Christian Academy..... I THINK NOT!

Living Word Christian Academy 2

Posted March 26, 2013
You don't get what you are paying for. Students rarely get instruction in music. According to my child, the music teacher is always late. They haven't had Spanish since November 2012. Concern I have is that parents are not notified. We should have been notified that our children would no longer be receiving Spanish instruction. I ask my child questions everyday and for this reason only am I able to I find out information. This haven't been an issue since January, but my child's teacher was absent quite often (two to three days per week). When she was absent, the children did not receive instruction on those days because no sub work was left. They state information and in the Student Handbook, they make promises as to what they will provide for our children, but they do not provide what they say they are going to provide. What they don't understand is that the handbook and enrollment form is a binding contract between parents and the school. The contract protects the school, as well as the parents. You pay money for them to provide services, but they are not providing the services. There is definitely a breach.

Posted March 14, 2012
This is the best school in the county! My son has been at this school for 4 months (coming from a private school) and this was the best descision we have every made. The teachers are so wonderful and caring! The classes are small, so the teachers can give the students any special attention they may need! I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! The parents are so nice here also. Really, really good school.

Living Word Christian Academy
185 Tunis Road, McDonough, GA  30253
Last modified Living Word Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-10
Living Word Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top