Tussahaw Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
Love the school, the principal, the staff; just wish the buses were monitored (which is an ongoing Henry county wide issue.. ) kids are allowed to bully, stalk, or harass anyone without consequences, so I am having to drive my kid to school.

Tussahaw Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2012
As I read these comments, it really seems as if they were written by the same person. I have tried to speak with the principle and it never happened. The office ladies are friendly, but try to handle issues that should be handled by the principle. There are some amazing teachers, but if your not lucky enough to have your child end up in their class, then it's a very different story. Both of my kids have very poor and uninvolved teachers this year. Homework this year is a joke, only one math question per night. How do you expect a child to learn if they don't practice. Lack of communication from the teachers has been another big issue. I have requested a conference and have yet to hear from the teacher. Very frustrating year so far. I have also requested a notice via email, agenda, or class website to inform us parents when there will be a test. Nope, nothing, not once. Only notice I received was to inform me thatmy son got a one on his last test. Well, that's what happens when you don't know to study for a test. Most of my concerns are teacher based. The school is clean. The staff is friendly. They also have some great helpful classes for parents.

Posted May 22, 2011
My daughter is finishing her third year at Tussahaw. We have had a great experience and have been blessed with some amazing teachers. The principal, Mr. Knowlton is available and is constantly seen walking the halls or on lunch duty. The office staff is friendly and professional and always willing to answer any questions you may have. The PTO has planned some fun events to reward the students for good behavior and seems to add new things each year. My son starts Kindergarden in the fall and we look forward to the next 6 years at a great school!

Posted April 12, 2011
Tussahaw Elementary School is only 3 years old is by far the best Elementary School in Henery County. I have had 3 of my childern attend. My now 7th Grader is in all advanced classes becuase of Tussahaw. My now 6th Grader is half advanced classed. My now 1st Grader is reading 4th Grade words and will soon be getting to have extra spelling tests for those words along with 1st Grade words. Mr. Knowlton (principal) and all the teachers are great. The whole school works great together. Can never say enough nice things about everyone that works there. Nice and freindly and if you have alot of kids that attend like we do. The staff knows you and all of your childern by name. I will miss them all when we move this summer.

Posted March 27, 2011
Tussahaw is an excellent school. Mr. Knowlton is always walking the halls, he greets his children everyday. He visits all the classrooms. When ever you have a concern, you can call him, and he does not stop until your concerns are addressed. The teachers reflect their principal. They are geniunely concerned with the students and do everything in their power to educated their students. Tussahaw has been a blessing to my son and me.

Posted February 28, 2011
Principal Knowlton is always present in the halls, classrooms, if needed he is always willing to speak with the parents. My children have been in the school for two years now and I can't think of one complaint. The teachers are always willing to sit with the parents when they have concerns or interests. I have been to other schools, and none come close to this staff! Don't plan on leaving anytime soon!

Posted October 20, 2010
My daughter is in the kindergarten at Tussahaw and she really enjoys it. The teachers are excellent and are concerned and determine for every child to reach the level necessary for the next grade. The administration staff is great as well and I love how organized they are in their front office. I love this school and it made my anxiety concerning my daughter attending public school go away.

Posted October 13, 2010
The teachers are excellent they actually care about the children and they worked with my daughter in the 1st grade until she caught up during the 2nd. She is now up to speed & at grade level and no longer requires the independent study services she received. The principal is always visible & in the halls every time I am up at the school he's available to the staff and is greeting parents.

Tussahaw Elementary School
225 Coan Dr, Mcdonough, GA  30252
Last modified Tussahaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tussahaw Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top