Bad
Good

I originally saw the rating on great schools for liberty, and was optimistic. I wanted to give it a fair chance. I had a kindergartner and a 4th grader who started school in mid November. the only good thing I have to say about this school is that my sons teacher Mrs Blocker genuinely cared about her students, and for that I am grateful. Everything else was a complete disaster. I have never had such a LACK of communication with school/teachers as a whole. My daughters 4th grade teacher actually refused to give me their email address. said I could contact them through a stupid app called class dojo, which was clearly designed for younger kids. The principal and AP are probably the most clueless of them all. We went into school, sent emails, made phone calls and none were returned!! what kind of principal doesn't return a concerned parents email or phone call!!?? I could go on and on, basically saying if you have another option for your kids education, take it. Liberty elementary is not a good option if you are a parent to likes to be involved in your childs education.

We are a military family, so Liberty was not our first school. Deem it Average compared to others we have been to. Teacher was helpful. Other staff not so cordial.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I must give credit where credit is due. I have met ONE outstanding teacher in this school Mrs. Aretha Miller. I have met ONE outstanding special needs team member in this school Mrs.Angie Malek. I have met ONE staff member (anonymous) whom also agrees to all of the comments I have made on this website. However she needs to feed her family and will not speak out due to the fear of losing her job. All other members of the school I have met were all happy positive bubbly at meet n greet then have nothing more to do with you the rest of the year. You are simply an inconvenience or a nuisance if your child doesn't fit in perfectly.

Amount of homework: no rating

While one teacher gives too much, another will give none at all. One child will struggle with too much while the other is not getting enough. Here is the kicker. My IEP (special needs) child will come home with 10 plus homework assignments daily. Where as my child whom is struggling to learn comes home with nothing. So I have no idea what to work with him on and have to do my best to supplement homework based on what he tells me the teacher is trying to teach him. There is no standard past no homework on Fridays and read 15 minutes a night.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

You can only lead by example. If you yourself as a teacher, staff member, or those in leadership can not be honest, utilize integrity, and are not fair with your students and parents, how can you expect them to develop it within the student body? When issues are not addressed, problems become blame games, and you dodge parents because you just don't want to deal with the issue, you are not capable of instilling values into a student that you yourself have not yet obtained.

I have dealt with this school now for over three years. I do not like the method of communication. Dojo would be great if the teachers actually utilized it properly. Some do, but not enough. Parent portal would be nice if the grades were uploaded properly. They never are or tech issues. However most teachers do not respond with in a timely manner. You do not receive phone calls or notification of when your child is needing help. My child got bullied and I found out three weeks after the fact and yet the other students were suspended. Yet not one call to me about the incident. My child was in 2nd grade at the time. My son whom was in 5th grade had moved to Middle school yet the Elementary school posted his grades incorrectly (did not properly average his grades) but instead of correcting the issue they attempted to fight me saying they couldn't correct it. I got it corrected. IEP? Forget it! The special needs team is better this year but leading up to this year my child was removed and forgotten about. Now his grades are suffering and no one is willing to go the extra mile at school to help him. This is now causing him to be bothered as he doesn't understand how to overcome his issues. When I confronted the school about the issue. I was told to teach him myself and that I can use the resource room to help. Past that nothing. They are willing to let him sink. He was placed in a "troubled kids" room. When I asked for a meeting... no response. I got asked for a meeting and when I tried to get a date and time.... no response. Then I finally got a meeting scheduled... the school cancelled it. No one has tried to reschedule with me. Meanwhile he is making 60's and struggling to read. He has been there since Kindergarten. So basically in my three years of experience... IEP's are not adhered to, advanced students don't have a curriculum to challenge them or to meet their needs, if you come across a problem they like to point fingers and play blame games, and struggling students needing educational help get forgotten about. Other than some of the teachers being nice.... I have nothing to good to offer you on this school. The building is pretty and modern. Seems all CRCT/EOC based. They just want happy numbers and nothing else matters. As a parent, my voice is not heard. Not a good school. Also dress codes are more important than education here. Beware!

My daughter went to Kindergarten here and she blossomed so much here and the staff is awesome, they really challenge your child to excel more. I will miss this school as the teachers and school is awesome.....

My son is in the third grade. I think the teachers are doing a great job since he has been there from Kindergarten. I expect a lot from my son and a the teachers that teach him. Communication is the key from the start. Teachers are there to teach, but so are the parents. It is a team effort. If there are subjects that are difficult, the teachers are there to support my son (and classmates) in understanding the work.

My family has had nothing but positive experiences while interacting with the administration and staff. The school is always well kept and the relationship with the community is ecouraging and innotative. As with most efforts to make things better, there will be critics. There are many positive things to say about the school. It is a great ( and safe) place for learning.

Liberty Elementary School has been a positive experience for my child. The Gifted Program is creative and child centered with hands-on projects and a caring teacher. I will miss it next year as we move to Middle School.

Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.