Posted April 01, 2014
My son is in the third grade. I think the teachers are doing a great job since he has been there from Kindergarten. I expect a lot from my son and a the teachers that teach him. Communication is the key from the start. Teachers are there to teach, but so are the parents. It is a team effort. If there are subjects that are difficult, the teachers are there to support my son (and classmates) in understanding the work.

Posted July 15, 2013
My family has had nothing but positive experiences while interacting with the administration and staff. The school is always well kept and the relationship with the community is ecouraging and innotative. As with most efforts to make things better, there will be critics. There are many positive things to say about the school. It is a great ( and safe) place for learning.

Posted July 09, 2013
Liberty Elementary School has been a positive experience for my child. The Gifted Program is creative and child centered with hands-on projects and a caring teacher. I will miss it next year as we move to Middle School.

Liberty Elementary School 4

Posted June 18, 2013
It sounds like you have had some unfortunate experiences at this school, but my suggestion to you is to go to the BOE & get approval to transfer your children to another elementary school. If you continue to have the same problems-then First Presb. needs students every year. If you hate the school that much-the people in it-then go to another, especially since your children are special needs-that's an automatic pass to the front of the line! Quit complaining about the school on this Mickey Mouse website that no one looks at except you & I-and move on with your life!

Posted June 17, 2013
This is the worst school we have dealt with as a military Family. From the date of registering our children for LES this school has screwed up time and time again at the cost of our children's education. Our kids used to love school and now we have to drag them from bed everyday crying, they hate it so much. Even after a year they still hate it. We didn't get a registration packet and were told the wrong open house date. When we went to the school on the day we were told the V Principal very rudely kicked us out of the building without even apologizing or accepting blame for her staff. We have 2 special needs kids and it took weeks of calling the school everyday with no response only to have to complain to the County that we still hadn't confirmed that their teachers were aware of their disabilities. It was almost 2 months into the school year before they called us in for a 504 meeting then rudely disregarded all of our concerns. Teachers did not follow 504 plan despite complaints. Communication from staff is terrible and last minute!! Administration is HORRIBLE, both Principal an Vice Principal are SNOBS and are RUDE! They talk down to everyone, especially the kids.

Posted April 30, 2013
Beware Parents! The only good reviews are submitted by teachers and staff; the ones that work for the Principal and Vice Principal. One out of hundreds of examples: The school has "uniforms" and you have to "donate" money for dress downs. Which means you pay for a dress down. Way to highlight social inequality! And: Parents are not welcome!

Posted December 19, 2012
Good facility & teachers. TERRIBLE Administration. We know that GA public schools have a reputation for being sub-standard & based on that, we hesitant to send our son to LES for kindergarten. After looking into various private schools, we decided that the cost ($6000+/yr) was prohibitive & reluctantly decided to try LES. The school itself is relatively new & clean. My son's classroom teacher & most of the special activities teachers (music, AP, etc.) have been great. HOWEVER, the administration (Principal & Vice Principal) are rude & condescending. Both seem to have some kind of deep insecurity that causes them to act out in the form of ridiculous attempts at power-plays towards students, parents & staff. In any other business, their conduct would be reprimanded but, as they work primarily with children, it's disturbing. We are working very hard to minimize the amount of time my child(ren) will be attending school there.

Posted October 25, 2012
Horrible administration. They like to talk down to the parents and try to make them feel as if they don't know what they are talking about. Especially the assistant principal seems to think that she is better than everybody else. She is rude and disrespectful. Since I speak up when there is a problem now my child has to pay for it by being mistreated. Plenty of teachers have their own kids there and they can do whatever they want and never get in trouble. While the other children are made out to look like bullies. They claim they want parents involved, yet when you email the teacher more than once in a day (because you forgot to write something in the first email) they tell you that you are starting to harass the teacher. Most of the teachers are good. Of course there are always some that aren't. I can't wait for us to move and my kids will finally go to a school that cares.

Liberty Elementary School 3

Posted March 13, 2012
I think that the teachers and the principal Mr. Anderson are wonderful individuals, but it is sad to see the way that the Assistant Principal treats parents and students. She is extremely rude, defensive, and ignorant to say the least. She thinks that she is above the parents at this school. Both my husband and I are educated individuals and do not expect getting disregarded in the manner that she treats parents. She does not listen to what parents are trying to explain to her, she receives second hand information from her staff and does not listen to the parents. Mr Anderson, if you read these reviews, please find another assistant principal before your school fails and you have to be embassed to be the principal there. She is your employee it is time you take a stand and teach her how to respect others before the parents decide to take her attitude to the school board and then you are really embarassed. Please take note that many families feel the same way about her as my comments here today.

Liberty Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2010
I would have to say my children have been in this school for 5 years and this is the first year I Can say I am proud of the school my special needs son FINALLYgot a teacher that expects him to learn and progress and my daughter has a fifth grade teacher who got her reading on grade level in three months when the year started she was on a third grade level! Way to LES its finally becoming a school to be apart of.

Liberty Elementary School
600 Edgewater Dr, Midway, GA  31320
Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top