Bad
Good

To many fights at least one every day. To many bullies at least three in every classroom. THIS SCHOOL SHOULD BE THE WORST SCHOOL IN AMARICA!!!!

this school stinks as a fellow 6th grader i though up my school lunch after eating my imune system is weak because of the school lunches i get in trouble when i get sent home the school is f***ing horrible wish i could rae 0 stars

My daughter is in the 6th grade ACE (gifted) program. We have been nothing but pleased at the level of work, the amount of work, the compassion of the teachers, the organization, and the leadership from the administrative staff. We get reminder phone calls from Dr. Ramsay about any of the upcoming events, which I find extremely helpful. When I visit the school, the hallways are clean and quiet. My daughter has expressed feeling happy she is here with many of her friends.

This school is a cesspool. As a former student here, I will honestly and blatantly say, this school basically ruined my life. Three fourths of the teachers do not care in the least about anything, the other fourth are actually decent (but never last long for one reason or the other). Almost no teacher had reasonable control of their students. And the bullying problem was unbelievable. (I wish I could rate zero!) If you are different in any way (acne, overweight, poor, ect.), you are targeted and attacked viciously. This is not healthy, and hugely detrimental to any young person. I have literally never been the same after going to this school, and (after several years) I've only recently learned how to smile again as brightly as I did when I was little. There NEED to be more PUBLIC middle schools in this county, so that the terrible overcrowding, bullying, and disgusting apathy may be lessened. (Maybe not eliminated, but maybe not as bad.)

My son was a student at Oak Hill for 1 year, and that was too long. This is a terrible school. The teachers don't care whether students pass or fail. I can only speak about the 6th grade administrative staff, because my child has changed shools, but the administrative staff is awful, unprofessional, uncaring. They don't talk with the students, but yell constantly. Yelling seems to be the norm in Baldwin County Schools. My rating for this school is 0 stars! There was an incident with my child at the school, and when asked to speak with the principle regarding this, the adminstrative staff lied and told me the principle was unavailable, but forgot to tell the principle who comes strolling out for their office into the adminstrative area. This seems to be the norm at this school. Very unsatisfied!

This is the absolute WORST school in Baldwin County. The teachers have absolutely NO CONTROL of the students. They allow them to beat up on other children and do absolutely NOTHING to prevent it. The administrative staff is very unprofessional and uncaring. I do not recommend anyone sending their child to this school.

As a new member of the Baldwin County community, I feel that I have been shown quite a bit of support by both parents, faculty, and students alike. There is GREAT potential here, and I feel very fortunate to be allowed to assist in fostering the given talents of this promising community. Thanks for a great first year in Baldwin County and, with continued support and accountability on ALL levels (and I do mean ALL), Oak Hill can become a name that is known statewide as the school to BE!

as an alumni from oak hill middle school, i can say that,yes, there are some great teachers there that are fantastic with the students and know how to treat them with respect, but not expect the student to be able to bare the weight of the world on their shoulders. But there are still some teachers (none that will be named) that i feel did not do what they were being paid to do and that, frankly, i learned nothing from. I feel that there should really be more parent envolvement and that the rules should be enforced. (mainly dress code because i saw many students who almost never followed it, yet didn't get caught or punished) But other than that, it's a pretty decent school, considering it's the only public middle school in the whole county.

Dr. Ramsey is doing a fantastic job at Oak Hill Middle School. She has great compassion for the children and she support her staff tremendously. Keep up the good work!

im a parent at oak hill middle school my child have learned a lots in his 3 years there as a parent i due make my rounds in his classes all parents needs to get involve in his or her child classes

Last modified Oak Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.