Milledgeville, GA
Students enrolled: 1,083

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2013
I'm coming from an another school from the district and I can say I have a lot of good things to say about this school. The other school my son went to was living nightmare. I think they treated these kids like prisoners. However, this school my son is getting the help he needs plus more. Yes, I think this school has got a bad rep. however, if you are an involved parent and willing to work with your teacher, your child will get what he needs. My child went from doing everything he could to not go to school ( last year in kindergarden) to getting up, going to take a bath and wanting to go to school on time(1st grade). He actually love his teacher. Yes, if he could stay home he would however, it is not like I am having to beat the kid to get him to go. I also like the fact that these teachers and staffs will hug these kids. His kindergarden teacher last year told students raise their hands if they wanted to hug her instead of hugging her students. Kids that age needs hugs and pats on the shoulders.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2012
I am pleased with the school overall. I think the principal works with what she has. Though parent participation is a problem as with any event, school, or etc. When parents have a problem with a teacher, they should first address it with the teacher in a respectable manner. Then put on paper if it needs to go further so there is a paper trail. I had a teacher that once tore up my son homework because he had free time and started on it at the end of class. I am disappointed in teachers as they take the position to teach our youth and treat it as another day, another dollar. Eagle Ridge is very welcoming to parents and I am a working parent but I still take the time to visit my kids school. Any job that I work will understand that. Not to be abused but know if I have a concern, that I need that time off. Its easy to blame someone else, but an extra effort where needed can go a long way.

Posted March 01, 2012
i do not like this school at all. my kids were traumatized by going there. my little girl has been there since k and she never received any awards except the citizen one. her teacher at one time wrote messy on her k drawing and teachers are certified to know if students need to be evaluated for learning disabilities.

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted January 26, 2008

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2007
My grandson has gone to this school for the last three years . He is in the gifted program there! I was disappointed in his kindergarten teacher because I felt that she was more concerned about being PC than rewarding a child for exceptional work! For example ,at the end of the year when they had 'Awards Day',it was anything but that because she wanted all the children treated the same!! Therefore ,the brighter sudents ,will be looking for schools that encourage them to do their best because it does dishearten them when they see students that 'goof off' recieve equal treatment! They see no reason to work so hard !

Eagle Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2007
My child is in his 2nd year at Eagle Ridge and will be going to another school next year.The teachers that are there do the best they can with what they have been given to work with, but have no support from their principal.I have been very disappointed with her on a whole.

Eagle Ridge Elementary School
220 N Abc Dr, Milledgeville, GA  31061
Last modified Eagle Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top