Bad
Good

Walker Park Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2015
They left my 5 year old unattended for an extensive amount of time, then proceeded to punish her by suspension because she locked the bathroom stalls for fun. The staff told me that my daughter, who is special needs with adhd, a sensory and social disorder, because she cant keep her hands off of things and other kids that they are now documenting her for bullying, regardless of the fact she isn't actually harming anyone. And then proceeded to tell me that her behavior isn't from a disorder it is taught and maybe I should punish her adequately at home for her actions at school and also take some parenting classes. Then, because her medication is 300 dollars out of pocket and isn't covered by insurance until shes 6 - that maybe I needed to cut corners and buy her the medicine. The AUDACITY! I can control her issues perfectly fine. The problem isn't me, it is them. Never in my life have I been so disrespected by school staff. It seems like this school isn't equipped to handle any child with any sort of disorder that's not severe enough for their special needs class! Unless your kid is a robot and will follow in line perfectly, I would NEVER recommend this school!

Walker Park Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2015
Every time I turn around my kids are on a week break of some sort. I have two 6yr. old's there and their attention span isn't big and when they are hardly in school because of the breaks there is no way for them keep focused! The staff is really friendly though

Walker Park Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2014
I feel like Walker Park is just a babysitter for my child. She learned more in her preschool than she has here.

Posted October 30, 2013
This school is great my daughter has been there for 2.5 years. We have seen so much growth with her and love the principal Dr. Royal.

Walker Park Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2011
How dumb can a school be? Try to check my son out for the doctor and they wouldn't let him leave till he finish a test so he had to miss his mri on his ankle now got to wait 3 more weeks till we can make it up.

Posted November 12, 2009
As some would also say in other elementary schools in Walton Co. that they have the best school. I also can say that about WPES. Teachers, parents and PTO all get along great and truly care about all children there. We as a community are truly blessed to have the greatest elementary school around.

Walker Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2009
Great school! The staff is wonderful and we have really enjoyed the small school feel...where everyone knows you!

Posted October 24, 2009
Great school, Walker Park really cares about my son's education. The staff members are very professional and caring and they get to know you personally.

Posted June 05, 2009
I really love this school. We moved here from NC and my son really enjoy the atmosphere and the kindness the teachers really show here.

Walker Park Elementary School

Posted April 02, 2009
I really do not understand the five out of ten stars! This school scores highest in the CRCT each year. We moved here five years ago and my daughter exceeds on the CRCT every year. The principals and staff all know our kids by name? How many schools can say that? I really do not trust these rankings anymore. This school is great!

Walker Park Elementary School
333 Carl Davis Rd Nw, Monroe, GA  30656
Last modified Walker Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.