Monroe, GA

Posted October 16, 2014
My first child started GWA 18 years ago and I have a current High School Junior. Educating my children at George Walton is the greatest decision I have ever made for them. They have grown into responsible young adults and the rigor of the school, although sometimes challenging, has well prepared them for college. I feel like this is the best investment I could have ever made for my childrens future. I highly recommend GWA and have found the faculty to be among the best in the state.

Posted September 16, 2014
I am a graduate of George Walton Academy, and years later, I am still so thankful to have had the opportunity to attend this school. It has its faults like every school, but it is truly a place where students are challenged academically and where teachers and staff care about students and want to see them be successful in life. My life is better for having been there, and as I look around at others who graduated with me, I see where their education has taken them and know they would say the same. Also, the band program is incredible! I have never heard a better high school band. They have amazing directors who teach hard work and commitment, and they produce skilled musicians. They are definitely the best in the state and probably beyond that.

George Walton Academy 4

Posted August 14, 2014
Having now had two children graduate from GWA, I can say that I cannot think of a better place to have raised my children. They have been challenged academically at each level of their education. They have been challenged to do their best and be a team player for the teams they have been a part of. And they have been encouraged to be good leaders and role models for the other students that surround them. My children have come away with the knowledge and the confidence that will take them anywhere they choose to go in their lives, and the encouragement of their teachers to go out and make good choices. One child graduating from college and one child beginning, both say they feel they were very well prepared for the challenges of college and life thereafter. Both have very strong friendships they made while attending GWA, and have a great rapport with the teachers. I am extremely happy with the educational choice I made for them years ago, and with the safe, secure environment in which they grew up.

Posted August 09, 2014
GWA is everything I want for my children. With strong academics and a wide variety of athletic and extracurricular opportunities, they are being challenged to succeed and develop the skills necessary to be successful in college and beyond. The Class of 2014 graduated 89. These graduates received more than $5 million in scholarship offers. I am very impressed with the caliber of alumni and how they perform in college and in the work force. GWA is the best option around for a true college preparatory education and well-rounded school experience..

George Walton Academy 1

Posted August 08, 2014
George Walton cater entirely to the highest bidder. If your family donates a building, the child can do drugs, disrupt classes, and have no consequences. The teachers are an elderly version of Mean Girls. The best teachers are let go and the ones who stay are only there based upon popularity. The damage that will be done to your child's self esteem is extreme in such a hateful environment.

Posted June 02, 2014
My son was at GWA for 7 years and it was the best decision we ever made. He was accepted into Georgia Tech, received a scholarship to Clemson, and UGA. The kids are great, faculty and staff are great and he received a fantastic education. There is a family feel at the school and everyone knows each other, their parents, and even grandparents. Academically, it's a tough school, but that is what we wanted. When we were exploring colleges, many college recruiters instantly knew of GWA's academic reputation and how well kids performed who came from there. It's a great school that I recommend highly!

George Walton Academy 1

Posted March 19, 2014
Shocked that you would use a site that states % students of color. Christ, see's no color, and I wish the world including George Walton Academy would move past labeling. Many educators are not certified, and many of them have no business teaching. For the amount of money we have spent there for tuition, my kids are doing worst academically than when they were in public school. With that being said, this is their last year at George Walton Academy, and we are looking forward to putting this Stone Age atmosphere behind us.

Posted January 18, 2014
This is the third year my children have attended GWA, and I am extremely pleased with this school. I can not say enough good things about it. The teachers--the curriculum--the quality of education--the atmosphere and school culture...ALL awesome! The teachers are not only highly skilled, but they are exceptionally DEDICATED! They show genuine interest in the well being of each and every student. The school culture here is friendly, personal and family oriented. Parent involvement is highly encouraged and common. Open communication between parent and teacher is highly encouraged. The principal, staff, teachers, parents, students are like family. The principal is a great leader with a great attitude. He is respectful, approachable and, like the teachers, he shows genuine interest in the well being of all the students. My kids love this school. The quality of education and the positive environment GWA provides for kids is priceless.

George Walton Academy 4

Posted May 05, 2013
GWA is trying to evolve into a more technology relevant school. There is a new initiative to upgrade the technology at the school. My children find the academics challenging and not just teaching a test. They take AP classes and the work load is hard but tolerable. They are definitely being prepared for college. Overall the student body is well mannered and academic success is admired but must be earned. No school is perfect, but we feel we get a great value for the tuition paid.

George Walton Academy 3

Posted April 27, 2013
Unforunately, GWA has made very little attempt (or at the least is way behind the curve) to evolve into a more relevant and technology driven campus. After several years of sending my child here, we left and enrolled in a local public elementary.I was amazed at the difference. The teaching methods and curriculum at GWA are old and stale. Teachers pass out worksheets and study guides with no regard for different learning styles. While some children thrive in this environment some do not. There are of course some excellent teachers at GWA.However, unfortunately there are equal parts mediocre. If your primary objective is to control the environment, friendships and surroundings your child is exposed to, then this school may be ok for you. But do not fool yourself into thinking that the education is any better, in fact I found it to be inferior. My son still has many friends from GWA, so I do not mean to sound as if it does not have it's merits. But for us, paying the tuition to attend did not make sense.

George Walton Academy
One Bulldog Drive, Monroe, GA  30655
Last modified George Walton Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
George Walton Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top