Monroe, GA

George Walton Academy 1

Posted August 26, 2015
I was constantly picked on . My older brother went and graduated from GWA as well as I did. Teachers always compared me to him. I have learning disabilities and am nothing like my brother. A teacher told me i wouldn't make it in the real world . GWA is great if you look like you could model in a magazine etc and have money to spend . I would not recommend this school to anyone because of the environment and the favoritism that was and is played here. I will not be sending my child here and put her through the miserable time I had attending this school .

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
If you don't give money to the school you are a nobody basically . Kids and teachers are both mean as well it's not a caring environment

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
A teacher told me to My face once that I would never make it in the "real world"

Develops honesty: Disagree

If you don't have money , you don't rank too 10 etc in this school

Posted March 03, 2015
My child was attending a pub. school in Gwinnett and was making all A's. However, she was not earning these grades. Also, her public school had over 2,000 students with 34 students in each class. The pub. school band had 2 classes with over 100 students each. The over crowding, disruptive students, and limited opportunities is why we left. George Walton provided much needed academic rigor. Band class has approx. 30 students and 2 top notch/dedicated teachers working with the kids. There are lots of opportunities for the kids to be part of the school and interact with others. At the public school it was if they were herding cattle. Middle schoolers have class trips, lots of labs/projects, partipate in swim team, and lots of band performances(including parades and football games). Social environment- No mean girls (observation from middle school daughter) Cons-If you have to change schools in the future, it will be difficult. Your kid will want to stay forever.

Posted October 16, 2014
My first child started GWA 18 years ago and I have a current High School Junior. Educating my children at George Walton is the greatest decision I have ever made for them. They have grown into responsible young adults and the rigor of the school, although sometimes challenging, has well prepared them for college. I feel like this is the best investment I could have ever made for my childrens future. I highly recommend GWA and have found the faculty to be among the best in the state.

Posted September 16, 2014
I am a graduate of George Walton Academy, and years later, I am still so thankful to have had the opportunity to attend this school. It has its faults like every school, but it is truly a place where students are challenged academically and where teachers and staff care about students and want to see them be successful in life. My life is better for having been there, and as I look around at others who graduated with me, I see where their education has taken them and know they would say the same. Also, the band program is incredible! I have never heard a better high school band. They have amazing directors who teach hard work and commitment, and they produce skilled musicians. They are definitely the best in the state and probably beyond that.

George Walton Academy 4

Posted August 14, 2014
Having now had two children graduate from GWA, I can say that I cannot think of a better place to have raised my children. They have been challenged academically at each level of their education. They have been challenged to do their best and be a team player for the teams they have been a part of. And they have been encouraged to be good leaders and role models for the other students that surround them. My children have come away with the knowledge and the confidence that will take them anywhere they choose to go in their lives, and the encouragement of their teachers to go out and make good choices. One child graduating from college and one child beginning, both say they feel they were very well prepared for the challenges of college and life thereafter. Both have very strong friendships they made while attending GWA, and have a great rapport with the teachers. I am extremely happy with the educational choice I made for them years ago, and with the safe, secure environment in which they grew up.

Posted August 09, 2014
GWA is everything I want for my children. With strong academics and a wide variety of athletic and extracurricular opportunities, they are being challenged to succeed and develop the skills necessary to be successful in college and beyond. The Class of 2014 graduated 89. These graduates received more than $5 million in scholarship offers. I am very impressed with the caliber of alumni and how they perform in college and in the work force. GWA is the best option around for a true college preparatory education and well-rounded school experience..

George Walton Academy 1

Posted August 08, 2014
George Walton cater entirely to the highest bidder. If your family donates a building, the child can do drugs, disrupt classes, and have no consequences. The teachers are an elderly version of Mean Girls. The best teachers are let go and the ones who stay are only there based upon popularity. The damage that will be done to your child's self esteem is extreme in such a hateful environment.

One Bulldog Drive, Monroe, GA  30655
Last modified George Walton Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
George Walton Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top